mauve

Montreal IR1 Visa Interview Wait Times

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

The wait is killing me. Ever since I sent them an email on February 25,2010 another follow-up email on March 25, 2010 that we are now ready to get interviewed,No Human Being replied to me,. I only got an automated response and that's it. I am sooo worried..

I rescheduled my interview ( I guess its my fault) for very important reasonsa nd the wait times in only 2 months to get another interview..Now when you call the embassy, it is said 7 months or so..Oh Boy!

Anybody with the same experience like me in Montreal?

Timeline

Hi mauve,

I'm not sure what you mean about the wait time being only 2 months? On this page in the Canada forum you will find the Montreal timeline to interview thread. The current wait time is more in the 3-4 month timeframe.

I suspect that as you asked to be rescheduled you go to the back of the line. There aren't that many here that have rescheduled, so we don't really have a lot of information to go on.

Yeah, rescheduling the interview was likely a mistake. You get put to the back of the queue when you do that. Many of us here have waited three months or longer after NVC completion to get our interview date. My actual interview was four months after my case was completed at the NVC...

Nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid. That's just the immigration process in Canada for you.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

You get put in the back of the line, I almost rescheduled mine because my SA passport had expired and I wasnt sure I was gonna get a new one on time, I called the DOS and they told my to absolutely not reschedule my interview, that it would be in my best interest to just go, and send them my passport when I got it. Luckily it arrived on time, so I would have rescheduled for no reason. Im sorry! But if its been 2 months, you are maybe looking at another 2-3 months. But you know what?? That gives you extra time to prepare, get the 2009 taxes sorted out, and check and double check your list of things you need to take :) There are benefits to all of this.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

You get put in the back of the line, I almost rescheduled mine because my SA passport had expired and I wasnt sure I was gonna get a new one on time, I called the DOS and they told my to absolutely not reschedule my interview, that it would be in my best interest to just go, and send them my passport when I got it. Luckily it arrived on time, so I would have rescheduled for no reason. Im sorry! But if its been 2 months, you are maybe looking at another 2-3 months. But you know what?? That gives you extra time to prepare, get the 2009 taxes sorted out, and check and double check your list of things you need to take :) There are benefits to all of this.

Good idea I have to double check all the requirements and make sure I won't miss anything..It' just my daughter will be 21 years old in June 2/10 I hope the CSPA applies to her..and freezes her age because I applied her while she was 20 years old and because of the processing times and the embassy is short staff the application got dragged.

Thanks for the insights.

Edited by mauve

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally talked to a lady who rescheduled her interview at Montreal and she had to wait 9 months. I just about chocked when she told me that. That occurred a few years ago.

Edited by tysalanna

I love being a Canadian.

Timeline

Was this Neiks? Yes, I think it was an unusual case.

Mauve, I would keep emailing them. Ensure you put your case number in the Subject line and something like - Urgent!

Start your email with the information that your child will turn 21 in June.

You should email at least 2 times a week until you get a response. You can explain that you know they are busy and you are sorry to be bothering them, just that you are so worried about your child aging out. Just my opinion.

Timeline

Was this Neiks? Yes, I think it was an unusual case.

Mauve, I would keep emailing them. Ensure you put your case number in the Subject line and something like - Urgent!

Start your email with the information that your child will turn 21 in June.

You should email at least 2 times a week until you get a response. You can explain that you know they are busy and you are sorry to be bothering them, just that you are so worried about your child aging out. Just my opinion.

I think you are correct and this is torturing me. I wrote them again yesterday ( for the 3rd time since Feb 2510) with a heading "Daughter Turning 21 by June 2, 2010 Please Re-schedule IV Appointment CASE #MTLXXXXXXXXX" I did not put urgent thought but I will do it on Thursday again.

Does Emailing them 2x don't have a negative impact knowing that they strictly say that " DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS REGARDING SAME ISSUE"?

Just curious..about the 9 month wait This is the automated email response regarding rescheduling the interview:

I copied and paste from their automated email to me dated as follows:

RE: Re-schedule IV Appointment CASE # MTL2009244021 and CASE # MTL2009244022‏

Sent: January 6, 2010 10:00:10 PM

Q4: If I cancel my appointment when will I be rescheduled?

A: Rescheduled appointments generally occur 2 to 3 months from when we were notified of the appointment cancellation, due largely to our high volume of cases and workload. This may vary from case to case, due to visa number availability and the visa class being requested.

After getting this response I thought I would be OK for a 2-3 months wait but seems it is not what is stated here. :-(

Edited by mauve

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.