marcus_arlyn1226

when can icall for interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I make a interview appointment before she gets the package from the embassy?The embassy already got our petition package form the NVC last week.

"Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present."

Believe in yourself.!!

12/24/2006 : Meet Online

2/3/2007 : Officially Boyfriend and Girlfriend

3/7/2009 : Meet Arlyn in Manila

10/15/2009 : Mail I-129F package to Vermont Service Center

10/20/2009 : NOA1

2/01/2010 : NOA2 Approved

3/10/2010 : New NOA2 (Amended and re-approved)

3/17/2010 : Received by NVC

3/20/210 : NVC sent to U.S Embassy in Manila

3/29/2010 : U.S Embassy receive petition

04/19-20/2010 : Medical at Saint Luke's (Passed)

04/27/2010 : Interview at Embassy (Approved)

5/1/2010 : VISA

5/28/2010 : Flight Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Can I make a interview appointment before she gets the package from the embassy?The embassy already got our petition package form the NVC last week.

Typically, the fiancee' receives the Packet #3 from the Embassy with a list of instructions as to what is needed prior to the appointment being scheduled. When she has these things in hand THEN she faxes an OF-169 (plus some other pages) which basically say..."OK, I'm ready now...schedule an interview date." At this point, you as the USC have little control as she must take care of things on her end. Once she has the interview scheduled, you can make your plans accordingly...going to the interview with her, flying back to the USA, etc.

Best Wishes and Good Luck :thumbs:

Franc

PS Just a reminder...the guides suggest that you NOT purchase (non-refundable) tickets for her to return to the USA with you until AFTER she is approved at the interview. Worst case scenario is that you buy tickets that can't be used because of some "SNAFU" at the last minute.

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

You can try and call the US Embassy in Manila by the $18 Pin number. I dont think the USEM sends out a packet 3. I know Charlie & Pam called on a weds when their case was received on the monday of that week. If she hasnt done her medical, now would be a good time to figure on a time to go too.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Typically, the fiancee' receives the Packet #3 from the Embassy with a list of instructions as to what is needed prior to the appointment being scheduled. When she has these things in hand THEN she faxes an OF-169 (plus some other pages) which basically say..."OK, I'm ready now...schedule an interview date." At this point, you as the USC have little control as she must take care of things on her end. Once she has the interview scheduled, you can make your plans accordingly...going to the interview with her, flying back to the USA, etc.

Best Wishes and Good Luck :thumbs:

Franc

PS Just a reminder...the guides suggest that you NOT purchase (non-refundable) tickets for her to return to the USA with you until AFTER she is approved at the interview. Worst case scenario is that you buy tickets that can't be used because of some "SNAFU" at the last minute.

Perhaps that's how things work for Costa Rica, but in Manila there is no Packet 3 sent out, there's no OF-169 faxed and the USC or Beneficiary can schedule the interview using a toll free number funded with a PIN. The embassy Manila supposedly sends out a letter that tells you to call and schedule an interview and gives you a link to the docs needed for the interview. Some folks have received this letter and some folks haven't.

You can begin calling for an interview a few days after the embassy received your petition from NVC.

~Johnny~

Timeline

i ctully called the emassbet from the usa and got quick interview date it was recieved the day before you can email the imgratoin part throught the web site and they can give you all the infromTion

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Perhaps that's how things work for Costa Rica, but in Manila there is no Packet 3 sent out, there's no OF-169 faxed and the USC or Beneficiary can schedule the interview using a toll free number funded with a PIN. The embassy Manila supposedly sends out a letter that tells you to call and schedule an interview and gives you a link to the docs needed for the interview. Some folks have received this letter and some folks haven't.

You can begin calling for an interview a few days after the embassy received your petition from NVC.

Yep...that is the way they do it in Costa Rica & Colombia. I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing this information.

So, the Manila Embassy sends out a letter to the USC and they can call to schedule the interview for the beneficiary. Very interesting way of doing things. And this is a "hit or miss" proposition...some USC's receive this letter and some do not. I guess that I thought the USC was pretty much removed from the process once the file reached the Embassy in "whatever" country. My fiancee' and I are at this same juncture...our file is at the Embassy. I "helped" her with the forms needed to FAX to the Embassy but she has to fill in the other blanks, sign the appropriate forms and send in the OF-169. So, I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

OP...please listen to Johnny regarding to your posting. He knows more about the Philippines than I. I only know about Costa Rica and Colombia. Sorry if my post confused you.

Regards, :thumbs:

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Timeline

Another question I read tat you need appointment letter.Do you need this to pay for you Visa Application when you get that letter or can you do that before also?

"Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present."

Believe in yourself.!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another question I read tat you need appointment letter.Do you need this to pay for you Visa Application when you get that letter or can you do that before also?

An appointment letter will be sent to you right away when you have set up your interview schedule. You have to forward this appointment letter to your fiancee so she can print it and present one copy to BDO for visa fee payment. Another copy will be needed to show to the guard at USEM on interview day so she can enter USEM. Visa payment should be done before your fiancee will go to the interview schedule. This is as far as I know from my readings...

Timeline

January 15, 2010 ---- Sent I-129F to USCIS

January 19, 2010 ---- I-129F received by USCIS

January 20, 2010 ---- Check cashed

January 20, 2010 ---- NOA1

January 26, 2010 ---- Received NOA1 hard copy

February 26, 2010 ---- NOA2

March 1, 2010 ---- Received email from USCIS about the NOA2

March 6, 2010 ---- Received NOA2 hard copy

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

April 27, 2010 ---- Went home

April 28, 2010 ---- Ordered online the documents USEM requested

An appointment letter will be sent to you right away when you have set up your interview schedule. You have to forward this appointment letter to your fiancee so she can print it and present one copy to BDO for visa fee payment. Another copy will be needed to show to the guard at USEM on interview day so she can enter USEM. Visa payment should be done before your fiancee will go to the interview schedule. This is as far as I know from my readings...

She will also need that letter to show the guard at the door at St Lukes for her medical.

-P

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She will also need that letter to show the guard at the door at St Lukes for her medical.

-P

Yeah, they actually sent that letter to my fiance while I was talking to the embassy person that makes the reservation. I was also on Yahoo messenger chatting with my girl while on the phone with the embassy and told her to check her email. My girl had received the appointment letter/email and the embassy lady was still talking to me about my fiance being there on-time, and making sure she had medical at least 1 week before interview.

Also, I called last night and got an appointment. To date, we have not received a letter from NVC or the embassy. And NVC swears they sent letters out to us. Everything for us has been me calling NVC to check on our case, getting MNL case number and checking daily with NVC to see when our case left NVC (we were in AP for 2 weeks at NVC). According to DHL, our case arrived last Tuesday at the embassy, Wednesday was a normal business day but Thr/Fri were holidays. So, I gave them till yesterday, then called, the lady asked if we received a letter from the embassy saying we can schedule interview. I said yes (of course we didn't but I just crossed my fingers :whistle: ), she said "what day did you receive the letter??" I said, well Thursday Mar 25, but that was holiday for you guys so I waited till today. She said oh, ok, your file is here and you can schedule interview date. :dance: We scheduled for April 27, but could have scheduled for next week if we had medical done already.

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Timeline

Thanks everyone for help.I already called and have appointment for interview on April,19.I had to call and have embassy e-mail the appointment letter.She will go for medical on the this week and pay visa application.Thanks Alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe in yourself.!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.