SunDrop

Between NOA2 and Interview - 2010

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, cool, thanks. This whole process just makes you worry about the tiniest little things...appreciate the reassurance!

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking up on the status of this thread... looks like it was a good idea after all to get the UK Wiki up and running! laughing.gif

Seriously, I bet SunDrop is having a lovely time with her fiance visiting; I assume that's why this has faded back to page 3. ;) I know I'll sound like a b!tch, and like I'm saying "we told you so", but those of us who have been active on VJ for a long time have seen what can happen to even those with the best of intentions to keep a thread going -- real life overtakes you and is so enthralling or infuriating or busy or whatever, that you can't keep it up. (I'm guilty of this too -- I took over Brits in the USA and then promptly had a family crisis that made it impossible to go on VJ for a long time). To that end, the collaborative effort of the Wiki is a good idea, since more than one VJer can keep the info up to date. star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Oops, I almost forgot about this thread!

But I do have to say, I have been touting the UK wiki left and right as an answer to questions. I'm sure it's frustrated some people, but the wiki is there to be used, and almost everything is answered there, so poo on the people who don't want to take a minute to do a bit of their own research!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, hadn't forgotten about it, but since it was all put on the Wiki I've not been updating it. Having said that, I was looking for a quick link to Nich-Nick's map for the interview tomorrow and after farting around in the wiki for a couple minutes thought "####### this, it's linked to in the 2nd post on that thread, so I'll just go find that." 2 clicks, and here's the thread, so....

I think that everyone has different styles of sourcing information, so where wikis work really well for some people, others find it easier on a forum. I often recall who posted a certain piece of information, so can do a search by username and key word where others will remember what series of links they clicked to get to what they're looking for. I also use forum search a lot more successfully than I find wiki browsing. *shrugs* each to their own.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We're getting there! It's soooo close! Rob has been getting his photos and other paperwork together for his part of the paperwork. I still need to get off my rump and send him the Affadavit of Support and copies of everything else I have done so far. I can't believe that after all this time it's coming together!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

• 6 months later...

Post edited to reflect discussion found here.

Please could someone with a recently received P4, that contains instructions on fee payment, forward the Embassy's instructions for accurate inclusion in this thread? Many thanks!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.