7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance is in Jamaica and has been waiting 2 1/2 weeks to receive the packet 3 in the mail. It has been sent from Kingston but he has not recieved it yet. Does anybody know what is in this packet and how or when do we go about getting the appointment for the interview? I have been on the edge of my seat for 2 weeks and I need to make arrangements at work to get time off etc. Thanks to anyone who has info!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My fiance is in Jamaica and has been waiting 2 1/2 weeks to receive the packet 3 in the mail. It has been sent from Kingston but he has not recieved it yet. Does anybody know what is in this packet and how or when do we go about getting the appointment for the interview? I have been on the edge of my seat for 2 weeks and I need to make arrangements at work to get time off etc. Thanks to anyone who has info!

Hi sarah and david,

Has your consulate already sent the packet 3?If so then 2 1/2 weeks could be a tad long,but not ruled out as far as snail mail delivery is concerned.But what is inside a packet 3 varies a lot from consulate to consulate.I would advise going to your regional forum and finding out,to be on the safer side.But some consulates,like mine,allowed me to download the forms off their website and scan and send it to them.But that is not the case everywhere,so do call your consulate and find out.

Good Luck!!

Anwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Sarah & David,

Packet 3 consist of the following:

1. DS230 Part 1- Non immigrant Biographical Data Sheet

2. DS-156k - Non-immigrant Fiance(e) visa application

3. DS-156 Non -immigrant visa application( to be completed and submitted online)

4. Ds-157 Non immigrant supplementary

5. I-134- Affidavit of support form

6. Medical history form

For your appointment to be scheduled your Fiance(e) need to complete DS230 part 1 ASAP and send to the embassy via courier service. When the form is received and processed and an appointment date has been set, the embassy will notify you by mail. However, you should also email the embassy informing them that you have not received packet 3, and request that they e-mail or set an appointment for you to collect it.

Based on my experience and that of other yardie VJers, you will never receive that packet in the mail so you have to be very assertive and stay after them. The forms above can be downloaded from the USCIS website EXCEPT the medical history form.

The sooner you get the DS230 PT 1 to them the better. In the mean time your fiance(e) should start applying for The certificate of no- impediment@ the RGD, police record and the new birth certificate on Govt paper.

All the best and I hope everything works out ok and you'll get that interview date soon.

EMBASSY iNFO:

E-Mail: consularkingst@state.gov; kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Address: U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica,

Consular Services

142 Old Hope Road,

Kingston 6,

Jamaica,

W.I.

TAMH

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is a sample of what it looks like, but remember the revision date on this april 2009. I dont know if things have changed but you can use it as an idea of what you need to bring. Hope this helps. Good luck on your journey!

Packet3-K1CoverLetterAsOfApril2009.doc

Timeline

Hi,

My fiancee is in jamaica. and I had the same issue. However I email the consularoffice in kingston and told them. They sent a duplicate packet and also said if still not receive that I can come to the embassy and pick it up..they gave me a time and a date. But you need to get so far ar things like police certificate make sure your fiance has a trn number and a trn card or a temp card. Plus marriage certif if married before and certif of non impediment. Start to get those paper work in order. plus you need to fill out ds 230 part 1 and email or dhl back to the embassy in order to even getting and interview date. Let me know if this helps.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your information. It was really helpful! I do have another question for you. My fiance lives in Ocho Rios. How does he go about getting the police certificate and the certificate of non-impediment to marriage? Is there a required office he needs to go to? Also, since he has not yet received the packet 3, can he get the medical exam without the required forms or does he need to wait until he hopefully gets them in the mail? Also, are there certain physicians that he must use? I already downloaded and completed the DS-230,DS-156,DS-156K,and DS-157 and sent them to my fiance who then forwarded them to Kingston. Will the embassy then automatically send us an appointment date? I really appreciate your help and your input. It is great to talk to someone who has been there and knows what's going on. Thanks again!

Edited by sarah and david

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.