Peikko

See Fox news spin...

9 posts in this topic

Rapper LL Cool J has criticised Fox News for using his name to promote Sarah Palin's new TV series. Advertisements for Real American Stories suggested the musician had shot interviews for the show."WOW," LL Cool J announced on Twitter. "Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else and are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palin's show." Over the course of two hours, he re-tweeted the message nearly two dozen times.

The publicist for US country singer Toby Keith expressed a similar concern yesterday, telling the New York Times that Fox News had never been in touch about Palin's show. "I have no idea what interview they are using," said Elaine Schock. "Fox has never contacted me – not now, not when they were putting this together, not at all."

Real American Stories will premiere tonight, telling the stories of people who have "given back, given all and never given up", according to the Fox website. Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska and Republican vice-presidential candidate, is somehow a figurehead for these "real" folks, and will host the programme. In an advertisement for tonight's episode, LL Cool J and Toby Keith were cited as guests alongside John F Welch, former chairman of General Electric.

Both musicians insist they have never been interviewed by Sarah Palin. Fox seems happy to admit this, saying interviews for Real American Stories were shot about 18 months ago, presumably before Palin was attached.

Fox announced yesterday that they would be dropping LL Cool J's interview from the show. "Real American Stories features uplifting tales about overcoming adversity and we believe [the rapper's] interview fit that criteria," said a Fox spokesperson. "However, as it appears that [LL Cool J] does not want to be associated with a programme that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career." LL Cool J currently stars in the series NCIS: Los Angeles.

Link

MEIOW!!!

Oh, ffs I have done it again!!

This is an OT topic, not a poll. Please move if found.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Fail. :rofl:

From what i've read, Fox's terse response is a harbinger of doom. They reserve those types of responses for those who will bring down the unholy wrath of Roger Ailes.

Who is Roger Ailes? Is he a wabbit?

Moved to OT.

Yay for William33!!!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .