ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got My awesome postcard on friday from Ant, I will try to post it in the next little while. It was homemade, a beautiful picture of her front yard. It made me want to make my postcards better hehe. Thanks :) Still waiting for collins to say she received mine.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Still no April...

No word on the original card, but Kathryn sent a nice additional card to replace it (the way I read her note, she wasn't the original sender for my card). Thanks so much! :D

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

Hey Pauley and all you other card senders...

Just wanted to say that the lovely Kathryn sent me a postcard as well, despite not being my original sender! Just wanted to say that I was very touched and it made my day. What a lovely, sweet, generous thing to do and I appreciate it.

Thank you Kathryn! it was from Georgia and it was a nice surprise!

:)

No word on the original card, but Kathryn sent a nice additional card to replace it (the way I read her note, she wasn't the original sender for my card). Thanks so much! :D

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're both very welcome :) . I'm glad you liked your cards.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

I got My awesome postcard on friday from Ant, I will try to post it in the next little while. It was homemade, a beautiful picture of her front yard. It made me want to make my postcards better hehe. Thanks :)

Canadiandggal-You're welcome..:) Glad you liked the homemade postcard.....:thumbs:

Thanks for the PM and the post about it getting there too...

Lol..I was worried that it wouldn't make it all the way to Canada, as we've lost mail going towards that direction before...

But USPS assured me that it would make it....So it's a relief that it got to it's destination in one piece and on time, and as I predicted...it would get there by Friday...lol....

I'll reply to your PM later...Until then..Have a good week/weekend.....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Everyone,

It was midnight when we got back home last night (Sunday) from visiting some friends from out of state...

And while I was sleeping in the front seat, and the baby was sleeping in the back seat....

I suddenly woke up to the sound of my husband opening the mailbox, as we drove by it...

He handed me the postcard as we drove further down the dark country road leading up to our house...

So when we got to our house, we unpacked our stuff, and that's when I got to see my postcard in the light....

And to my surprise, I found a "flower-themed" postcard from a VJer!

It was from VJer "Pauley (and Yvonne)" from the "flower city" of "Rochester, NY"....:)

On the front of the card was some scenes of Rochester, NY...

(a bridge in the park, and 2-3 other official-looking buildings)

And on the back of the card was a description of the city..."Rochester is known as both the Flour city and the Flower city....etc..." (F)

As well, on the back was a personal message (which I'll reply to via PM to Pauley and Yvonne later on....)

Thanks for the Rochester, NY postcard, Pauley (and Yvonne)! :):star:

What a great way to brighten up the night/day, indeed!

Ant

P.S. And to those of you who haven't received postcards yet...I hope you receive your cards soon too...:)

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I got My awesome postcard on friday from Ant, I will try to post it in the next little while. It was homemade, a beautiful picture of her front yard. It made me want to make my postcards better hehe. Thanks :) Still waiting for collins to say she received mine.

Canadiandggal-You're welcome..:) Glad you liked my homemade postcard.....

Thanks for the PM and the post about it getting there too...

Lol..I was worried that it wouldn't make it all the way to Canada, as we've lost mail going towards that direction before...

But USPS assured me that it would make it....So it's a relief that it got to it's destination in one piece and on time, and as I predicted...it would get there by Friday...lol....

I'll reply to your PM later...Until then..Have a good week/weekend.....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Hi Everyone,

Here is a partial list of who got what from who, from what I've read on the posts so far...

It's no big secret anymore....So we might as well reveal and keep track of it here too....

April 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Sdw

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->OBX

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Hugglebuggles--->Coraliesolms

Kathryn41--->???,(Replacement Cards To: Lgg, Pauley)

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lgg--->Lilacvioletiris

Lilacvioletiris--->Kathryn41

OBX--->Ant+D+BabyA

Pauley--->Hugglebuggles

Sdw--->

Steflovesbran--->

THund3r--->

Y&E--->

May 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Canadiandggal

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Kathryn41--->OBX

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lilacvioletiris--->

OBX--->Kathryn41

Pauley--->Ant+D+BabyA

THund3r--->

Y&E--->Pauley

Anyone else want to "reveal" their secret postcard sender/receiver too? I'm sure we'd all like to know!

And to those of you haven't received their cards yet...I hope you get yours toon too!

(lol...better late than never, I suppose....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Better late than never but I am sending out my May card today. I totally lost the package of post cards I bought last month and the post card stamps, so I created my own postcard with flowers and purchased more post card stamps. I still haven't received a post card yet, and the mail man already came today.

I thought it might be kinda fun to do a postcard exchange. I'm not sure how we could construct it... whether we do like a Secret Santa thingie, or more like a free-for-all and we can privately collect addresses and send a bunch all out to whoever. Or we could do like a VJ booklet/journal, and each of us keeps it for one week then forwards it on to the next person.... etc.

Anyways, I just thought something like this might be kinda fun, and wanted to see if anyone else was interested. smile.gif Getting mail that's not bills is fun! lol

Let me know if you're interested, and we'll get something going! (and if this has been done before, my apologies, but I couldn't find anything recent)

kicking.gif

I don't know if you've sent any postcards recently, but recently I sent a postcard for my wife to one of her sister in Thailand.

There is NO LONGER any cost savings for sending a post card, it costs the same as an ordinary letter.

The postal service wized up and closed up the cash-flow leakage.wacko.gif

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

I don't know if you've sent any postcards recently, but recently I sent a postcard for my wife to one of her sister in Thailand.

There is NO LONGER any cost savings for sending a post card, it costs the same as an ordinary letter.

The postal service wized up and closed up the cash-flow leakage.wacko.gif

Actually, this is not entirely true. In the U.S. you can send a postcard WITHIN THE U.S. for only 28 cents, rather than the 44 cents of a regular standard letter.

Postcards to Canada and to elsewhere Internationally require the appropriate standard stamps similar to a regular letter.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Everyone- Anyone else send/receive any postcards? :unsure:

Feel free to update with your info too...Thanks....

I couldn't help but notice that some people got their postcards late and/or didn't receive their postcards at all...

Which isn't really fair for everyone in the exchange this way...:(

Therefore......

Can we have an approximate timeframe for everyone participating as to when we send and receive the postcards?

For example,

First week of the month (1st-7th): Sign up and Drawing names/addresses for postacard exchange, Writing of the postcards

Second week of the month (7th-15th): Send out the postcards

Third week of the month (16th-25th): Receive the postcards

Fourth week of the month (asap-25th): Report on the status of the postcards....(who sent/received what, etc...)

Anyone who doesn't report (by posting a message on this message thread) by the fourth week (the 25th) might not be eligbile for the next month's draw...

In doing this, this ensures that this is fair for everyone, everyone gets a postcard on time (before the next month), and there is some time for replacements for lost cards if need be....

What do you all think? :unsure:

Hope this helps too. Happy Postcard Sending and Receiving Everyone! :thumbs:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Ant, that's a good idea in theory, but I'll be honest... I don't want people to be required to check in and report and put specific deadlines on every step. This should just be a simple, easy and fun exchange without a lot of structure. You get a name, you send a card, you receive a card. Bam! Done! I figure the general idea is that cards should be sent so they are received by the end of that month. It takes about a week for a postcard to travel, so keep that in mind. It is unfair that a few people haven't received their card, and some cards have been sent late. But the first few months people have to get into the swing of things, and most importantly find cards! Also, I don't want to point fingers and single out any of the late-senders. lol

If you can't participate or send your card late, contact me or more importantly, contact the person you're supposed to send your card to. For the most part, people have been doing exactly that, so it's ok! However, if anyone has NOT yet received a postcard for May (or April!) please PM me! We all want everyone to get the cards that they're entitled to! If you're wondering the status of your card at the end of the month, feel free to PM the intended receiver.

That said I DID receive my May postcard. Thank you Colleens :star: It IS very fun receiving postcards, and hearing about everyone's cards and how excited they are to get them. If we all remember how great that feeling is, then I'm sure this exchange idea will go wonderfully. :)

June is fast approaching. Now is the time to let me know if you can't participate in June. I dunno the theme this time. hmm.. How about summer? Nice and generic, and June is when summer officially arrives. Woo hoo! Only one theme (for either the message or the card image), and remember, it's optional!

Here's who I have for June (there are also 4 others who couldn't participate in May... I have left them off for June as well because I don't know if they can do it again yet.. pls let me know!). I am going off an old-ish list though, so some of you may not want to participate anymore? I don't know.. sorry. :wacko:

Thanks everyone :)

1.Ant+D+BabyA

2.ashenflowers

3.Bern.

4.Canadiandggal

5.CdnMN

6.Chickaflick

7.Christi and Ian

8.Colleens

9.coraliesolms

10.Dan and Ali

11.JLovesA

12.Kathryn41

13.Kayla*Mathew

14.Leons

15.lilacvioletiris

16.OBX

17.Pauley

18.tHund3r

19.Y&E

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Ashenflowers-Thanks for the reply. And thanks for the update regarding your May card too. I agree that this postcard exchange should be fun, easy, and simple. But at the same time, it should be fair too. Lol..It kind of ruins the fun, when some people receive cards, and some don't. It's not fair for a person to not receive a card or to receive a card a lot later than intended. Everyone that is participating should receive their card by the end of that month, and not much later than that. Hence, I suggested those APPROXIMATE timeline guidelines in my previous post, to give a general idea as to how this can be done fairly (and yes, I even noted about week-long the postal/mailing times there too). There shouldn't be too much structure, true, but there should be simple guidelines to follow, to ensure fairness for all. In the end, I want to see everyone get their cards on time, and not be diappointed for not getting their cards, that's all..:) And yes, one should give notice of delays too, as you mentioned before. So on that note, can we at least agree to the following? How about consistent dates for: 1) When the drawing is to be done (you pick the date, the first week of the month) 2) A date to say "Time to reveal: I got my card, thanks for the card (insert VJ user name here)" (maybe at the last week of the month), to make sure that everyone gets their cards by the end of the month.

As for June...I'll particpate...:) Cool too, about the summer theme!

Looking forward to sending/receiving postcards again! Happy postcard writing and receiving, everyone!

Ant

Ant, that's a good idea in theory, but I'll be honest... I don't want people to be required to check in and report and put specific deadlines on every step. This should just be a simple, easy and fun exchange without a lot of structure. You get a name, you send a card, you receive a card. Bam! Done! I figure the general idea is that cards should be sent so they are received by the end of that month. It takes about a week for a postcard to travel, so keep that in mind. It is unfair that a few people haven't received their card, and some cards have been sent late. But the first few months people have to get into the swing of things, and most importantly find cards! Also, I don't want to point fingers and single out any of the late-senders. lol

If you can't participate or send your card late, contact me or more importantly, contact the person you're supposed to send your card to. For the most part, people have been doing exactly that, so it's ok! However, if anyone has NOT yet received a postcard for May (or April!) please PM me! We all want everyone to get the cards that they're entitled to! If you're wondering the status of your card at the end of the month, feel free to PM the intended receiver.

That said I DID receive my May postcard. Thank you Colleens :star: It IS very fun receiving postcards, and hearing about everyone's cards and how excited they are to get them. If we all remember how great that feeling is, then I'm sure this exchange idea will go wonderfully. :)

June is fast approaching. Now is the time to let me know if you can't participate in June. I dunno the theme this time. hmm.. How about summer? Nice and generic, and June is when summer officially arrives. Woo hoo! Only one theme (for either the message or the card image), and remember, it's optional!

Here's who I have for June (there are also 4 others who couldn't participate in May... I have left them off for June as well because I don't know if they can do it again yet.. pls let me know!). I am going off an old-ish list though, so some of you may not want to participate anymore? I don't know.. sorry. :wacko:

Thanks everyone :)

1.Ant+D+BabyA

2.ashenflowers

3.Bern.

4.Canadiandggal

5.CdnMN

6.Chickaflick

7.Christi and Ian

8.Colleens

9.coraliesolms

10.Dan and Ali

11.JLovesA

12.Kathryn41

13.Kayla*Mathew

14.Leons

15.lilacvioletiris

16.OBX

17.Pauley

18.tHund3r

19.Y&E

Hi Everyone,

Here is a partial list of who got what from who, from what I've read on the posts so far...

It's no big secret anymore....So we might as well reveal and keep track of it here too....

April 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Sdw

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->OBX

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Hugglebuggles--->Coraliesolms

Kathryn41--->???,(Replacement Cards To: Lgg, Pauley)

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lgg--->Lilacvioletiris

Lilacvioletiris--->Kathryn41

OBX--->Ant+D+BabyA

Pauley--->Hugglebuggles

Sdw--->

Steflovesbran--->

THund3r--->

Y&E--->

May 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Canadiandggal

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->Ashenflowers

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Kathryn41--->OBX

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lilacvioletiris--->

OBX--->Kathryn41

Pauley--->Ant+D+BabyA

THund3r--->

Y&E--->Pauley

June 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA

Ashenflowers

Bern

Canadiandggal

CdnMN

Chickaflick

Christi and Ian

Colleens

Coraliesolms

Dan and Ali

JLovesA

Kathryn41

Kayla*Mathew

Leons

Lilacvioletiris

OBX

Pauley

THund3r

Y&E

Anyone else want to "reveal" their secret postcard sender/receiver too? I'm sure we'd all like to know!

And to those of you haven't received their cards yet...I hope you get yours soon too!

(lol...better late than never, I suppose)....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.