ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

awww... Yay Kathryn and lilacvioletiris! :)

Anyone who hasn't sent their cards yet needs to get a movin'! lol :bonk: I think I'm going to do May's draw next Monday the 3rd (yes, May is coming fast! oye!).

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

I haven't received my postcard yet, boo hoo :( I hope that it is just delayed in the mail by the ash, just like the other mail that I'm waiting for. Instead I got an RFE because the UK doesn't explain that Embassies apply for NZ police certificates not the beneficiary. Oh well, I am now resigned to this process sucking even more than it already did.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I'm a little slow in getting mine in the mail... it's going out tonight, promise! :)

...and by "tonight" last Friday, I meant yesterday afternoon, on Monday. :P But it's on its way!

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I absolutely fail as of late ... I haven't sent mine off yet :( I will, though, I swear!!! Tomorrow hopefully ...

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i have yet to send out mine as well!! I have not found them anywhere!! i've even called places and the only one is the airport which is the smallest airport ever lol and 25 mins away. so we are headed out the airport way on saturday so i am 100% mailing mine on saturday! sorry!! and i haven't received mine in the mail yet either :) so i don't feel soooo bad.

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a postcard today from Rochester, NY! Thanks Pauley and Yvonne!! :D

Welcomez! :D

Incidentally, the note I put on there about Rochester's shortest snow season ever is now no longer true. Rochester had no snow measurable snow at all in November '09, March '10 and the first few weeks of April '10, and we'd thought we had a new city record, until we got .2" of snow Tuesday morning. Our record 90-day snow season just got lengthened to 148, and is now substantially less interesting. :P

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Welcomez! :D

Incidentally, the note I put on there about Rochester's shortest snow season ever is now no longer true. Rochester had no snow measurable snow at all in November '09, March '10 and the first few weeks of April '10, and we'd thought we had a new city record, until we got .2" of snow Tuesday morning. Our record 90-day snow season just got lengthened to 148, and is now substantially less interesting. :P

LOL that's hilarious. Darn .2" ruining it. pfft.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late reply...My computer internet server had problems...(but that's another story..)

That's fine about the sender posting a pic of their postcard too..(now if only I can figure out how to post mine...I still can't get the photo thing figure out either..sigh...help...)

Ok..So is it time for everyone to reveal their postcard draw for April?

From what I've read..Here is a psrtial list of who got what from who, from what I've read...

(Ashenflowers..you can update/format the rest of it..)

April 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Canadianddgal--->OBX

Lilavioletiris---->Kathryn41

Pauley---->Hugglebuggles

OBX---->Ant+D+BabyA (yes, I got the "sun" themed sunflower card..Thanks OBX!.What's growing in your garden? Sunflowers?)

Anyone else want to "reveal" their secret postcard sender/receiver too?

And to those of you haven't received their cards yet...I hope you get yours toon too! :thumbs:

Ant

P.S. Ashenflowers-Can you sign me up for the May 2010 postcard exchange too? Thanks!.....

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I think mine may have been lost in the mail. I mailed it out April 12 and the person hasn't received it yet.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

I think it's just too confusing to try to track who sent what to who. lol Though it's kind of fun to know. I have a list somewhere but I can't find it now (I could always go through my emails and msgs if anyone really wants to see a full list of who sent what to who where when why... lol). Either way, everyone please feel free to tell us all when you get your cards. :) Msg me if you want me to explain how to post a pic on VJ.

Everyone is automatically signed up for the May draw unless they have told me that they only want to participate once or twice.

If everyone is ready I can do the draw for May tomorrow! :thumbs:

I was thinking May's theme could be flowers. April showers bring May Flowers... Mayflower, Mother's day.. etc etc.

So there ya go. May = Flowers. lol I'm also thinking we could just have one theme over all, and you can either send a postcard with the theme on it as a pic, or write something about it on the back. I'm realizing it's a bit too hard for people to find postcards at all, let alone ones with themes. lol :)

I have to double check as there are a couple of new people who've shown interest, but I'm not sure I have all the info.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Ashen can you leave me out this month. Daughter is getting her tonsils out, it's going to be kind of crazy for me. Will be good to participate in June.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never did hear if my recipient received their card or not - although they did have a LOT of things going on in their lives this month so it may have been one of the easy things to overlook. I hope they got it - it was of a Georgia dogwood tree in full bloom.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah! I still haven't mailed my card out. Tomorrow. With starting this new job and everything else going on now, my mind is in a million different places.

Count me out this month Ashen, unless the person wants to get the postcard a month late :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.