leith@Ievgeniia

hotel close to kiev embisy

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The RUS hotel. Cheap, clean, very near the embassy.

Hotel Rus

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

I would rent an apartment. Cheaper and nicer than hotels. They will rent them on a daily basis. I have one service that I have used in Kyiv over the years. Their web address is kievrent.net. You can email them and tell them the location you are looking for and the dates. They will give you 4 or 5 options. You can also arrange for airport pickup and train station pickup with them. I have recommended them to other people over the years and they have been happy with them also.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

who knows a nice hotel close to kiev embissy? not looking for 5 star just nice clean and good for like 4 or 5 days

any help is good!!

I have had better luck, always, with renting apartments. Usually cheaper and better than hotel rooms. Google "Kiev Rents" and check out what is available. They usually will arrange pickup at the airport, a car to the consulate, you name it (for a fee, of course, but usually reasonable)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I completely agree, usually... I almost always rent an apartment during my visits. But for only 3-5 days, I much prefer the convenience of a hotel. And he wants to be close to the Embassy. I think a hotel is a better choice in this case.

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

Kievrent has many apartments close to the consulate. Not walking distance, but a short taxi ride. I have used them sometimes for only 2 day rentals. I have not stayed at hotel Rus, but have stayed in two hotels before in Ukraine. They were small, old, crappy beds, and cost more than any apartment. Too each their own.

Timeline

I completely agree, usually... I almost always rent an apartment during my visits. But for only 3-5 days, I much prefer the convenience of a hotel. And he wants to be close to the Embassy. I think a hotel is a better choice in this case.

For a few days stay, it probably doesn;tmake a huge difference. I have yet to find anything decent in hotels in Kiev for under $100 per night, though I admit I have not looked very hard. I could always find nice apartments under $65 per night. I never stayed at the Hotel Rus. There are some rental flats close to the consulate and I have stayed in rental flats for as little as one night and had no problems. They were always larger, cleaner and cheaper than hotel rooms and allow the option of cooking in the room, though for short stays that is a moot point to be sure.

I have not found proximity to the consulate an issue really. we stayed in nice flats that were but a cheap 10 minute drive by private driver from the consulate. Alla has a cell phone full of c=driver contacts in Kiev and even without that the apartemnt people will arrange a ride for you.

At any rate, for a few days stay it isn;t a big deal, just putting the apratment option out there in case the OP didn't know about it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

By the way, have you called the consulate yet to schedule the interview?

Just curious if they input your case in the system. We are about a week apart on our cases arriving there.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

not yet i was reading that it will take about 2 weeks after recieve to get into system for seduling interview. and sad part i have to wait until june for such time. with my work and she is finishing up her last part of univ. best time now is june. so i guess i will try to arrange in few weeks for that and then secdual 2 airline tickets.

i think the flat is better choice. i say in kiev hotel one night was kinda pissed... some man keept calling room and asking my sweety for date!! and that he has money and when was i leaving...boy she was so pissed!!!

so flat will sound good

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Timeline

not yet i was reading that it will take about 2 weeks after recieve to get into system for seduling interview.

It does and it doesn't. Recently people have been getting a positive response within a week. (i.e. case entered into the system).

I'll keep calling this week and see long it takes.

Good luck to you!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

I've used this site to rent an apartment in Donetsk. It worked out great both times.

Good luck!

http://attic-apts.com/cities/Kiev

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

It does and it doesn't. Recently people have been getting a positive response within a week. (i.e. case entered into the system).

I'll keep calling this week and see long it takes.

Good luck to you!

So when your status is "NVC received", you must call Consulate in Kiev to schedule interview? It is not automatically scheduled? Wow, good thing this forum exists, or else I probably would have just waited and never have gotten an interview.

03/27/2010 - Mailed our I-129f

03/29/2010 - Notice date

04/02/2010 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

05/07/2010 - Touched

06/08/2010 - Touched again

06/09/2010 - Touched again, again...

06/09/2010 - NOA2 - WOOHOO!!!!!!!

06/14/2010 - NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

06/18/2010 - NVC received.

08/04/2010 - Medical appointment.

08/05/2010 - Visa Interview!!!! - Approved!!!

08/10/2010 - Visa received in mail

Timeline

So when your status is "NVC received", you must call Consulate in Kiev to schedule interview? It is not automatically scheduled? Wow, good thing this forum exists, or else I probably would have just waited and never have gotten an interview.

Not quite. When it's sent to the consulate, not when NVC receives it. Come back when you got an NOA-2 for a step-by-step pointers of what to do next.

We'll help you out

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.