yankeedave

Looking for the best deal on phone service: USA/Philippines

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in western Washington (state). I am looking for the least expensive way to communicate by cell phone or land line with my girlfriend who lives near Tampilisan, on Mindanao. If anyone can give me information on this topic, I would be most grateful.

Have you checked out Rebtel.com? You call directly from your phone to a local number and get connected to any phone in the PI? costs around 13 cents a min to a cellphone and 11 cents a min to a landline.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Scott, you seriously need to become a spokesmen for Rebtel :rofl:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

I can call Butuan for a penny cheaper using Fios but Rebtel is great when using the cell phone.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in western Washington (state). I am looking for the least expensive way to communicate by cell phone or land line with my girlfriend who lives near Tampilisan, on Mindanao. If anyone can give me information on this topic, I would be most grateful.

im from philippines and i call my bf using SunCellular coz its cheaper. its like $2 for 50 mins.

Scott, you seriously need to become a spokesmen for Rebtel :rofl:

Yeah i know...they have been the best from alaska for me. Of course my "local" number is in seattle, but most other calling plans/companies dont do the same rate from alaska.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

When i was in the Philippines i am the one calling my husband using a PLDT international call card. It's only $2.00 for 50 minutes. You can call using a cellphone or landline fon anywhere in the Philippines.

i am here still in Phil and i am using globe IDD card calling honey... its only 100 pesos w/c is $2 only with 40mins. airtime... the unused airtime?.. i can use it again on my nxt call to him... usually i am the one who is calling him coz more cheaper if i will be the one to call him.... :star:

honey used to call me tru his landline..... :blink: sometimes tru his mobile fon... :blink:

and still were using the yahoo voice chat... we activated also our mobiles to yahoo messenger.. ;)B-):luv:

and sometimes i am using magic jack too to call him, B-)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

for me the cheapest method of calling the phils is if your family in phils has a computer and dsl connection buy them a magic jack they get a us number and you can talk to them unlimited for 20 a year it doesn't get cheaper than that!! been doin that for a year with my family great idea

for me the cheapest method of calling the phils is if your family in phils has a computer and dsl connection buy them a magic jack they get a us number and you can talk to them unlimited for 20 a year it doesn't get cheaper than that!! been doin that for a year with my family great idea

True but MJ has some voice quality issues sometimes too. It's either choppy or a lot of echoes that I could even hear my own voice. I just buy pre-paid phone cards from Asian stores whenever I want to make calls to PI $5 for 36 minutes and have had no problem so far.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am currently in Philippines for a vacation, and I brought MagicJack with me and I tell you it works great, and the cheapest deal you can get out there! I call my husband's cellphone all the time, it works on landlines as well. Your girlfriend just have to have good internet and a landline to use this service. Other than MJ, I use PLDT budget card, it charges P1.50/minute. A card worth P100 lasts for only two days for me, but of course it always depends on how often you two talk on the phone.

Edited by dave&evan

11-12-2008 Sent AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

11-13-2008 USCIS received the papers @ 3pm!

11-20-2008 3 NOAs

11-24-2008 check cashed

01-05-2009 Recieved Biometrics Letter on mail

01-12-2009 AP approved! / EAD touched

01-29-2009 Biometrics Done

01-30-2009 AOS Touched

03-09-2009 EAD Card Production ordered

04-07-2009 Interview

06-23-2009 Re-scheduled interview.. approved!

when will I file I-751?

If she has a good connection on her internet,and she has land phone line, the BEST way is for you to purchase a MAGICJACK (or her buy the magicjack in PI). for only $19.95/YR YOU and her will have solid communication.

Her, having a magicjack will allow her to have a US number that you can call anytime, and unlimited which should not cost you a penny if your mobile provider cover nationwide calling. The magic jack is just a plug in play USB that should be connected to a handset so she can utilize its feature.

I hope that helps!

Edited by Cutie_Patootie

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I have family all over the world and I use Vonage.. its AWESOME, very cheap and you get all kinds of goodies with it. Of course, you need high speed internet to have it as well, but I found it the cheapest method of phone service.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If she has a good connection on her internet,and she has land phone line, the BEST way is for you to purchase a MAGICJACK (or her buy the magicjack in PI). for only $19.95/YR YOU and her will have solid communication.

Her, having a magicjack will allow her to have a US number that you can call anytime, and unlimited which should not cost you a penny if your mobile provider cover nationwide calling. The magic jack is just a plug in play USB that should be connected to a handset so she can utilize its feature.

I hope that helps!

:thumbs::thumbs: I brought one there last trip. We use it EVERYDAY...works great most times. Really depends on the net connection speed.

~Johnny~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.