ulechka

canadian was denied entry to US, got married to US citizen after

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you mean 212 a 2ai and 212 a 7ai?

If you do, 212 a 2ai is for admitting to a crime of moral turpitude (read further down for 212 a 2aiII for drugs)

http://www.americanlaw.com/exclude3.html

And if you mean 212 a 7ai, that means you were not in possession of a visa for your purposes

http://www.americanlaw.com/exclude8.html

If you read further down, you can see what the waiver is like for your case

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

trailmix was right to move your thread, don't try to tell the moderators what to do. . .they know where the post belongs.

What were the exact codes written in your passport? They don't normally write a code for "working illegally" it's usually 7a, 9b, 9a, or 6c. . . Were you given an expedited removal?. . .that would change things a bit. . .

Either way, it sounds like you are going to need an I-601 waiver for the marijuana possession (and that will depend on the nature of the charge/conviction/amount and whether or not you are even eligible for the waiver). . .if you were given an expedited removal you will also need an I-212 to overcome the deportation. There are many good(and more bad) immigration attorneys in the world. You should consult with one (or more) of the really good ones that specialize specifically in I-601's. . .Laurel Scott is one of the best.

When you file with an I-130, it processes in Montreal and the waivers go to Vermont. Vermont takes around 12 months to process. . .For the I-601 you have to prove that it will cause the USC spouse extreme hardship to either move to Canada or to live in the states without you. . .it is a complicated process. You can read more about it on I2US

If you tell us the codes we can give you more information so that you'll be prepared with the appropriate questions for your attorney.

the codes they put in my passport are 212 7a and 212 2a

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.