evergreen

How much money?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If we go for the 129F/K3, it is $250 for the medical exam, $150 for miscellaneous records, and $100 for the visa?

If we go for the I130, it is $350 for the medical exam, $150 for miscelleous records, and something like $380 for the visa?

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

Don't forget AFTER the K-3 that there are AOS fees...an add'l $3-400.

Christine :luv:

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OOPS

If we go for the 129F/K3, it was $170 to file, $250 for the medical exam, $150 for miscellaneous records/fees, and $100 for the visa? Then later, an ajustment of status fee?

If we go for the I130, it was $190 to apply, $250 for the medical exam, $150 for miscelleous records/fees, and something like $380 for the visa?

So the totals, minus travel, telephone bills, courier service, missed work, attorney fees, etc - run about $700-$800 - not including AOS within two years and whatever other costs that entails.

Edited by evergreen

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

OOPS

If we go for the 129F/K3, it was $170 to file, $250 for the medical exam, $150 for miscellaneous records/fees, and $100 for the visa? Then later, an ajustment of status fee?

If we go for the I130, it was $190 to apply, $250 for the medical exam, $150 for miscelleous records/fees, and something like $380 for the visa?

So the totals, minus travel, telephone bills, courier service, missed work, attorney fees, etc - run about $700-$800 - not including AOS within two years and whatever other costs that entails.

First, have you filed for anything yet? Secondly, do you have anything like say a prior deprtation, overstay or anything that will warrant the need for use of a lawyer? I would say not to hire a lawyer but that is my opinion as the forms are pretty much straightforward and no matter what a lawyer tells you, they cannot help you to get your visa any quicker...that is utter bullshite lol.

THirdly, if you file K-3 the fees are as follows....

I130 Form- 190.00 dollars

I129f Form- 170.00 dollars

150-250 for medical

100 dollars approx. for record fees

350 for AOS

Plus I do believe there is a cost for the fingerprinting and biometrics but not sure on that one.

Plus any other additional fees incurred whilst being apart ie, postage, phone calls, heartache....stress...etc.

For the I130...

I130 form 190 dollars

150-200 for medical

100 dollars for medical

Then the next fee is I believe 205 dollars which doesnt get paid until your spouse has been in the country for two years and the temporary green card is up then they apply for the permanant greencard which is good for 10 years. The form you file for that is the I175. This form is to remove conditions of residence. Like I said it is good for 10 years and must be renewed every 10 years unless the resident becomes an United States Citizen during that time which I believe you have to be in the country for 7 years to do so. I hope this answers your question more thoroughly. GOod luck with your VisaJourney!!!

LJ :thumbs:

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
OOPS

:thumbs: Being with your loved one PRICELESS!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

OOPS

For everthing else.....THERES MASTERCARD!!! pmsl..couldn't resist that one...hehe

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
OOPS

For everthing else.....THERES MASTERCARD!!! pmsl..couldn't resist that one...hehe

;) Knew someone would complete it.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.