mikeandjoana

NEED HELP! Report of Marriage for Phil. Consulate. How to do the affidavit of explanation for delayed registration?

23 posts in this topic

Next time be more responsible.Do you want to risk your lovedone being deportrd!!

When you are finished with your sermon, would you please provide the link that says Filipinos can be deported for not reporting their marriage? :blink::wacko:

When you are finished with your sermon, would you please provide the link that says Filipinos can be deported for not reporting their marriage? :blink::wacko:

My thoughts exactly.

We are "requested" but not required by law to report our marriage. The report is "required" if you want to renew your passport with a change of name. Otherwise, they won't require it.

This was my experience in March 2010 at the San Francisco Consulate. I went there to have my passport renewed with a name change (to my married name). They won't accept my report of marriage because they said I married in Nevada and SFO Consulate did not have jurisdiction over that state. They wanted me report it to the to Los Angeles Consulate which I refused to do. So they did not accept my report of marriage but they renewed my passport under my old name, which was fine by me.

I still have not reported my marriage up to now (but I did try).

Edited by Pinay Wife

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got married in 2006 and filed Report of marriage to the Consulate 2 years later but I didn’t have to explain why it was late or delayed either. No need to go the consulate for this you can do it by mail just have the registration forms notarized.

hi i know this post has never been updated for a while but just wondering what are the requirements you sent to the Phil Consulate for Report of Marriage?can you PM it to me?! thanks much =)

• 2 weeks later...

hi i know this post has never been updated for a while but just wondering what are the requirements you sent to the Phil Consulate for Report of Marriage?can you PM it to me?! thanks much =)

Hi!

do u have the requirements of ROM? I saw the requirements from the Philippine consulate website but not sure if it is updated or not. anyway, can u PM me the requirements or how many copies do i need to send.

Do u know how long does it takes to get a copy of processed report of marriage? My husband and I are thinking about going to Chicago on second week of next month to renew my passport and I'll be needing the copy of my ROM.

If I send the documents(ROM) this week can I have it in 1st week of Oct?

any thoughts?

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Jan. 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Feb. 02, 2009 - CSC Received Mailed I-751

Feb. 09, 2009 - NOA1 (I-751 Receipt Notice)

Feb. 13, 2009 - NOA2 (Biometrics Schedule)

Mar. 05, 2009 - Biometrics Done / Touched

Apr. 11, 2009 - Received Congratulatory/Approval Letter (04/07/09)

May 14, 2009 - Touched (Card Production Ordered)

May 20, 2009 - Touched (Approval Notice Sent --- WEIRD)

May 26, 2009 - Green Card Received.

• 8 months later...
Filed: Timeline

hello mga sis! just wondering how long the ROM and amendment of passport will take? can i do both at the same time? My husband is in military and he will be deploy next month, i cant drive yet so we have limited time to process everything, if i only knew that we need to report the marriage and have to drive all the way to washington dc to get new passport (im from and got married in south florida), it will take us 16 hrs drive and so to get there. PLS. HELP!!!!

hello mga sis! just wondering how long the ROM and amendment of passport will take? can i do both at the same time? My husband is in military and he will be deploy next month, i cant drive yet so we have limited time to process everything, if i only knew that we need to report the marriage and have to drive all the way to washington dc to get new passport (im from and got married in south florida), it will take us 16 hrs drive and so to get there. PLS. HELP!!!!

Chinook and I have never reported our marriage and Chinook has not yet amended her passport, so we don't have any personal experience with this issue. However, it is my understanding that you can accomplish both in one day at the Embassy.

Instead of driving all the way to the Embassy in Washington, D.C., you can accomplish your business at one of the Embassy's outreach programs near you. For a list of outreach cities and dates, please click here.

Friends of ours attended an outreach here in Seattle. The outreach was very popular. There were long lines and a long wait, but our friends got their business done...and it was better than traveling all the way to the San Francisco Consulate.

basically you will really have to go over there they will take your picture and fingerprints take more patience cause the staff in DC are so "masungit" bring cash they don't accept any cards

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

it is not needed. i reported after a year and my friend reported after 3 years.

Thanks for that info. We been married for almost 3 years now and still have not been reported our marriage. We are planning to do it the same time as my passport renewal, that will probably after I give birth of our little angel :) .

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.