The_Dude

Post Reputation

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Since they have removed post reputation votes to reflect on the individuals profile, I don't think that there is any reason for people to get all pissy when they get a negative vote. I don't think that they should have in the first place, it's not like a negative vote on your post on the internet has any reflection upon your life, but I digress.

There really is no direction or indication as to how and why people should use their votes on a post. So, I thought I'd just say how I use my votes. In any non-immigration related thread, I vote a + or - based upon the entertainment value of a post, plain and simple. If you entertain me, i'll give you +'s :lol: Now if it's a serious immigration thread, i'll only give people a negative if they give incorrect, illegal, or immoral advice.

I don't know, this is just me, wondering if anyone else had thought about it?

People get pissy about marks on the internet? :lol:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

I only wish you could give more +/- on some posts. If I read a post that is so boring that I actually close VJ and get started on the next days workload, I want to indicate my displeasure without having to actually type out an entire post. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ive been roaming around and eliminating the -1s on random posts with a + if I dont really see a reason for it to be downranked ;)

Who are you Jesus of Visajourney?? :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

LOL - there is a limit on how many negatives you can give....

slews the reason to have them :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well - one "aw ######" erases a million "atta boys" - so my Chief kept telling me...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Personally, I've yet to find a thread where, if someone had given poor advice, they weren't called out or corrected. So really, I don't see why ranking is necessary at all.

But hey, that's just MY boring opinion... my feeble attempt at getting Rob a promotion at work. :P

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

If you turn that water into wine, plz share.

I think the real magic would be turning water into cadillac margaritas :devil:

LOL - there is a limit on how many negatives you can give....

slews the reason to have them :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well - one "aw ######" erases a million "atta boys" - so my Chief kept telling me...

LoL, some posts are so bad, that if I could, I would add 20 negatives

Personally, I've yet to find a thread where, if someone had given poor advice, they weren't called out or corrected. So really, I don't see why ranking is necessary at all.

But hey, that's just MY boring opinion... my feeble attempt at getting Rob a promotion at work. :P

I was just laughing my ####### off the other day at people's vents about getting a negative response. You'd think that someone had died or something. Come on, it's the internet, can't take anything seriously. But I guess i've got thicker skin, I used to post on 4chan a lot and can say that the worst on VJ is not even close to the tame on there.

I was just laughing my ####### off the other day at people's vents about getting a negative response. You'd think that someone had died or something. Come on, it's the internet, can't take anything seriously. But I guess i've got thicker skin, I used to post on 4chan a lot and can say that the worst on VJ is not even close to the tame on there.

4chan = the scourge of the internet!

Not a group you want to make angry at you lol

Edited by SupportGeek

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.