treehugger

Please tell me this isn't the dreaded AP!?!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You miss the point entirely, I am not saying it isn't AP, but I am challenging a statement made with gives the impression that AP is normal at the London Embassy. It is far from normal there by what I think most people would consider normal. By the way if you search the information on visas and AP and many other statistics are available in various US government reports.

Therefore if someone is placed in AP in London there is usually a specific reason rather than a generic all applicants get placed in AP. It also tends to make the resolution of AP quicker in London that other places, although that isn't something which should be taken as a given.

OK, as i said before I saw some post about AP in london. I think you missing my point, All I am saying is AP, no matter what if is short or long. If you go to DOS website and they mentioned about AP, but they didnt say only AP is for XYZ part of the world. I agree with you, most of people didnt get AP in london, but I still belive good number still go under AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my K1 interview on the 29th of Jan. 2010 in London, got a 221g cos my fingerprinting wasn't done in a UK police station (didn't know you had to have it done there from July 09), sorted it out and mailed back to the embassy on the 22 called up 5 working days after to check on it and was told it would take 10-15 working days ending on the 17th of march.

The lady i talked to when i called the eye watering 090 number said it was going through processing (AP???) decided to wait till the 19th before calling again.

Called the secure couriers before trying the dreaded 090 and guess what my package is coming on Tuesday 23/03/2010.

Point is AP is rather vague could take a week or take 3 months.

A whole lot of permutations regarding what triggers it but honestly only the embassy can elucidate.

While i tear my hair out, can anyone please tell me if your application is denied will you get a call, email or letter.

Am in angst.

Its the waiting that kills.

• 11 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Every1

I had my interview back in November and was told there I was missing The Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 (even though on the embassy website it says this is not needed for a k1 visa). As I result I placed under AP until this could be provided, but once ready I should send it to the embassy together with my passport n I will get my visa within 10 days. I sent them both the following week and then got this email from the embassy:

Your application remains subject to additional administrative processing, which is mandatory and cannot be waived or expedited. As processing varies in each individual case, there is no set period of time that it takes. We recognize that applicants may experience inconvenience if their application takes longer to process than they expected. However, it is difficult to offer any time frame for visa processing in such cases.

Please be assured that you will be notified as soon as additional processing in your case is complete.

I have no been under AP for over three months n still not heard anything. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to quit my job when I was told it will only be a few more days.

BTW if you have been under AP for more than three months the embassy still sends u the same automated response

I know you guys wont be able to help me much as all i can do now is wait but i jus needed to vent to people who might be sympathetic to my cause.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.