intuitionsys

Approval times in Montreal after the interview

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am crossing my fingers that there will be a positive response from the email that I sent today at MTL Consulate. Tomorrow will be my third week after I submitted the additional documents. Hubby is scheduled for a rotator cuff surgery on April 22nd.

:crying:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well we hit the four week mark today. I'm seriously considering contacting my local congressman within the next few days. Montreal has not responded to the last two e-mails I've sent. They still have my wife's passport and we still don't know if they even picked up our package, we can only assume they have. While about a month isn't a long time, one always must consider the four and a half months previous, waiting for a 5-minute interview, with the consulate of our largest and closest neighbor.

4 weeks if you get lucky it seems. Im not even waiting the 4 weeks, decided to jump the gun and call congressmen, as its 6 weeks after sending my email re: cosponsors '08 taxes and STILL havent received an answer, so I dont even know if we sent the right documents... arg...

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

I am crossing my fingers that there will be a positive response from the email that I sent today at MTL Consulate. Tomorrow will be my third week after I submitted the additional documents. Hubby is scheduled for a rotator cuff surgery on April 22nd.

:crying:

Got a reply from MTL consulate and this is what it said:

Once the documents are matched with your file we will review them and advise you. due to the high volume of mail we cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the 22nd.

OP5

Timeline

Got a reply from MTL consulate and this is what it said:

Once the documents are matched with your file we will review them and advise you. due to the high volume of mail we cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the 22nd.

OP5

Hey, when did you send your email, what did you say and when did you get a reply?

Reason I ask, is because there are many of us here that have sent emails, waited several weeks without any reply.

I have sent 3 total emails throughout this entire process.

1) When filing out my forms after my interview at the Toronto Consulate before the interview with the Montreal Consulate. Emailed a question about a question I didn't know how to answer, and they replied within a week.

2) Emailed after my interview at the start of January after being denied due to needing further proof of domicile, asking a question about my passport and the return envelope. It's been 7 weeks and never got a reply.

3) Emailed just over a week ago, to check on the status of my case and tried to ensure it was in fact received. Never got a reply.

I'm starting to suspect that they are screening emails, and only answering the ones they feel need or deserve an answer.

Timeline

My wife recieved her visa today!!! Woohoo!!! :dance:

I guess I won't be pestering my congressman. Funny thing is I was about to use his online form last night and I figured no I'll wait one more day. Divine intervention I guess :)

It would be interesting to know if any others who have been waiting about the same amount of time as us get their visas soon. We'll be hoping and praying for everyone still waiting. I dunno if I'll get any sleep tonight...

Timeline

Hey, when did you send your email, what did you say and when did you get a reply?

Reason I ask, is because there are many of us here that have sent emails, waited several weeks without any reply.

1) When filing out my forms after my interview at the Toronto Consulate before the interview with the Montreal Consulate. Emailed a question about a question I didn't know how to answer, and they replied within a week.

2) Emailed after my interview at the start of January after being denied due to needing further proof of domicile, asking a question about my passport and the return envelope. It's been 7 weeks and never got a reply.

3) Emailed just over a week ago, to check on the status of my case and tried to ensure it was in fact received. Never got a reply.

I'm starting to suspect that they are screening emails, and only answering the ones they feel need or deserve an answer.

I e-mailed them yesterday that I had my interview last Feb 8 and the interviewer asked me to send additional docs which I submitted and received at MTL consulate via Fexed last March 3. In my emailed I mentioned that my husband's surgery(rotator cuff)is scheduled on April22nd.

This morning, I got their reply.

* +

* -

My additional docs were not of domicile issues. I was asked on my visitor's permit( legal status in Canada) and the CENOMAR.

This waiting time is so frustrating... :crying:

Timeline

I guess I won't be pestering my congressman. Funny thing is I was about to use his online form last night and I figured no I'll wait one more day. Divine intervention I guess :)

It would be interesting to know if any others who have been waiting about the same amount of time as us get their visas soon. We'll be hoping and praying for everyone still waiting. I dunno if I'll get any sleep tonight...

Hey, congratulations intuitionsys!! Great news!!

Timeline

Glad to hear you got yours. Congrats!

Did she get an email notification, or did it just arrive without notice via Canada Post?

Edited by marisp

Timeline

We never did get an e-mail notification. It arrived XPressPost today. Apparently it was mailed out yesterday. I don't really care much now if we ever get an e-mail now but I think I've read here before that other people have gotten an e-mail several days after receiving theirs. It would have been nice though to get a status update instead of living in limbo for a month.

This is a bit of a rabbit trail but I also heard today we may be able to adopt a pair of twin girls this summer. Talk about your life changing all at once!

Timeline

We never did get an e-mail notification. It arrived XPressPost today. Apparently it was mailed out yesterday. I don't really care much now if we ever get an e-mail now but I think I've read here before that other people have gotten an e-mail several days after receiving theirs. It would have been nice though to get a status update instead of living in limbo for a month.

This is a bit of a rabbit trail but I also heard today we may be able to adopt a pair of twin girls this summer. Talk about your life changing all at once!

Well...yeah, who needs the email now! I was just wondering if I should be looking out for the mailman or an email notification. Guess there really is no method to this madness though.

Congrats on all your news. Hoping for some good news myself soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How exciting! Best of luck! :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Thanks. I actually got an e-mail today. It was forwarded to the DOS "public inquiries division". At least the DOS took the time to respond with a reasonably personal letter with the details about our case that we asked for, not just a canned response. I'll give them that. I dunno if the DOS fields all these types of e-mails or only ones regarding cases in AP. The letter is dated the 18th about four days before they approved the visa and sent it out, but I just got it this afternoon. They must be using Commodore-64s for e-mail servers :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Lenie-

I have been following your thread.

We had a very similar situation in Montreal with I am sure the same interviewer.

He also made strange comments about my financial situation.

Would you mind sharing what documents you just resubmitted to prove domicile.

Is this your first go around of mailing in additional documents?

Many thanks! And best of luck!

Sunny

Hmmmm...so Montreal hasn't gotten any better?!? How depressing! After looking at this forum, I decided that I am going to contact my congressperson to look into the case after the four week mark. When I went to my representative's website, it had a separate immigration topic under constituency services for help with immigration matters. In fact, she has a specific person who is an immigration expert in the office, which surprised me. It at least gives me some hope that they have experience with this and may be able to push it along. I just submitted my proof of domicile this past Friday, so we'll see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.