4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, they gave the 2 year old daughter the K1 status and my finance, the K2 status. I don't know how they did it, but they did. Found out when we went to get them social security cards. Which they were refused because the data is screwed.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? Hopefully it's quick and painless?

Well we have an appointment to go to our local District next week, apparently they can sort it out. We'll see...

Hello.. Do not worry!

I had a simillar problem.. they spelled wrong my last name in the system (I also found out that when I went to apply for social security number)..

We called everyone.. from uscis, cpb.. etc..

And here is what you need to do.. (we have done it today actually).. Go to the nearest airport.. They must have a department for homeland security..

But before that call the airport.. (try to find on internet informations).. make an appointment..

All that they will do is to give you another I-94, edit wrong informations in their system.. And that is it! Really quickly.. so do not be stressed out about that like I was :wacko:

And yes, today when we went there.. the nice lady that works there also saw that on the airport they made one more mistake.. they wrote that my visa expires on march 23, which is not 90 but 60 days from entering the usa.. so she made a change for that too! Thanks God we found a way to change these mistakes before march 23, because we didnt send a documents for AOS yet (because of this last name problem)

Good luck!

Take care

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, i called the local airport and reached a CBP Officer for the appointment. He called me back later and told me just the fax the passports, visas and incorrect i-94 and he would try to fix it without us coming in. So we'll see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.