JDF

K1 questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi All,

I am new to this process and I am about to get ready to start the process of K1/K2 Visa and was reading through a few dicussion and had a few questions. My Fiance is from El Salvador

What is IMBRA form and why do some people get this as RFE?

Also when sending off my app, Do i need to submit My fiance/Her sons Birth certificate?

Does my Fiance have to have Form G-325A signed?

Apologies but I am new and would like to have some insight to this process.

Thanks,

Joseph

8/9/06 - Sent I-129F to VSC

8/10/06 - Received by VSC by mail

8/14/06 - NOA1 by e-mail

8/16/06 - Check Cashed

8/17/06 - Touched

8/18/06 - NOA1 by mail(I-797C)

8/24/06 - Touched

8/30/06 -Touched

9/3/06 - NOA 2 by e-mail

9/6/06 - Touched

9/8/06 -NVC received

9/11/06 -El Salvador Embassy received

9/25/06 - Embassy says they mailed out Packet 3

10/5/06 - Finally received Packet 3

10/11/06 medical done

10/12/06 - Sent back packet 3(only DS-156(3)pgs+cover page form as stated in Packet 3)

10/26/06 - Received Packet 4(Will call 11/6 to Schedule Appt - as i was told Fiance has to be on list. List provided every month by embassy, without being on there cannot make appt.. )

11/6/06 - Interview given 11/9

11/9/06 - INTERVIEW WENT GREAT: WE WERE APPROVED!!!!! Now waiting to receive Visa at home

11/13/06 - Fiancee was called to go back 11/15 for Fingerprints again! Fustration......

11/15/06 - Fiancee got fingerprinter again as they said the first ones were no good..Frsutrated.... Now they said if they will check and see if it is ok and if all check out she will receive Visa in 1 Week

11/21/06 - FINALLY VISA came. so ecxcited......

11/24/06 - Finacee Comes to NY. Start of a new life together.....

12/15/06 - Get Married. Happily married.......

1/05/07 - Sent for AOS.......

1/29/07 - Got I797 - Notice of Action for I485/I765......

4/15/07 - My wife got her Work Permit for 1 Year

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Joseph, you can start here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

You won't need an IMBRA "form", because the current I129f brings IMBRA questions (about having met through a marriage broker, previous convictions and a certain number of K petitions filed within a short period of time). People who have filed after the law went into effect but haven't used a form with the pertaining questions are getting an IMBRA RFE.

Your fiance will have to sign G325a, with a passport picture.

As for her sons, I can't help you with that.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi All,

I am new to this process and I am about to get ready to start the process of K1/K2 Visa and was reading through a few dicussion and had a few questions. My Fiance is from El Salvador

What is IMBRA form and why do some people get this as RFE?

Also when sending off my app, Do i need to submit My fiance/Her sons Birth certificate?

Does my Fiance have to have Form G-325A signed?

Apologies but I am new and would like to have some insight to this process.

Thanks,

Joseph

You dont need the fiancee or their children's birth certificate if you are filling out the K-1 at this point, they will be needed at the interview, but remember to put all the information in regards to children in the appropriate places on the forms.

Good Luck,

Ramos

da thread killa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.