6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have my aos interview tomorrow for a marriage based petition. My husband and I currently reside with my parents. I was wondering if the officer will ask questions about my parents immigration status and/or who we live with. Also will they ask who I lived with when I moved here? I am not sure how to respond, because I want to be honest and at the same time I don't want to say the wrong thing. I also want to know what will happen if I worked before I got married and filed for my EAD(since I had a SSN from years before), but I paid all my taxes. Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

Why would you have a problem saying you reside with your parents??? and why would you have a problem talking about your parents immigration status...

Reading between the lines here.... are you saying they are here illegaly??? You must not lie at your interview that would cause you major problems... You are not responcible for your parents immigration status.....

Most unauthorised work is forgiven at interview when you are married to a USC...

Good Luck

Kezzie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

out of my experience, they don't really care about you, non-American citizen...

Most questions were directed to my husband and he was the main person talking.

She did like and ask about the fact that I have been

here for 8 years and always legal, at schools, on a student visa.

She asked me if I had all my I-20s (i.e. proofs for my legal status from schools from all these years).

I did have them.

So take more things than needed for sure...

October 30, 2005 - Married in Vegas

December 27, 2005 - EAD, AP, AOS mailed

January 4, 2006 - received in Chicago

January 27, 2006 - RFE for medical received

February 13, 2006 - Medical received

February 15, 2006 - Biometrics appointment at 10 am

March 1, 2006 - AP touched

March 4, 2006 - AP received

March 8, 2006 - EAD received

March 29, 2006 - interview notice received - May 31, 2006

May 31, 2006 - Successful interview!!! Approved

June 12, 2006 - Green card received

Feb 28, 2008 - will be sending removal of conditions docs.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thank you all for your reply...my interview is in a few hours! Wish me luck! I'll let you all know how things go. Thanks.

ForeverInLove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.