peteycosta

Usual Wait Times after DS-230 packet sent?

5 posts in this topic

Buenos Aires, Argentina Embassy... We had our I-130 interview which was approved on Monday, February 22nd. We had all the papers for "packet 3" (I believe we call it here on the forum) ready. Embassy received it that friday through mail. It´s been 1 week...we had to email asking a question about the medical and I threw in a mercy plea of "please tell us whats going on!" haha, they seem like they are pretty dry when it comes to answer because I seem to have gotten the same answer twice now of.. once we receive the papers and have them checked over we will set you up for an interview. I can understand the lack of info though... but Anybody have any ideas how long you have to wait. We all know the suspense part of the process probably so if anybody has any details that would be definitely a relief for me and my 'about to be attacked by ulcers' stomach. Thank you!

Pete

It doesnt have to be from Argentina, from any embassy is ok. Thanks!

-Pete

Buenos Aires, Argentina Embassy... We had our I-130 interview which was approved on Monday, February 22nd. We had all the papers for "packet 3" (I believe we call it here on the forum) ready. Embassy received it that friday through mail. It´s been 1 week...we had to email asking a question about the medical and I threw in a mercy plea of "please tell us whats going on!" haha, they seem like they are pretty dry when it comes to answer because I seem to have gotten the same answer twice now of.. once we receive the papers and have them checked over we will set you up for an interview. I can understand the lack of info though... but Anybody have any ideas how long you have to wait. We all know the suspense part of the process probably so if anybody has any details that would be definitely a relief for me and my 'about to be attacked by ulcers' stomach. Thank you!

Pete

Pete

Some people have to wait only a week and I have heard of others waiting up to a month. The embassies don't tend to like too many emails asking about your case. It also depends on how many applications they are processing. We heard back in just over a week.

I would wait a month and then email again. Hopefully someone that has experience from your Embassy can be more helpful.

Edited by hdouthit

02/11/10 - Hubby (USC) has I-130 interview at Sydney Embassy

02/11/10 - Hubby and I have CRBA interview at Sydney Embassy

02/17/10 - Medical results received

02/22/10 - Police check received

02/22/10 - NOA2/Packet 3 received

02/23/10 - DS230 mailed off to Embassy

02/23/10 - CRBA received with US Passport for daughter

02/26/10 - DS2001 and supporting documents mailed to Sydney Embassy

03/02/10 - Packet 4 received. Application is complete!

03/09/10 - Visa interview scheduled at Sydney Embassy

03/09/10 - Visa approved

03/11/10 - Visa received

03/19/10 - POE Los Angeles

03/31/10 - Greencard received

04/20/10 - SSN received

Thank you! For you was it a formal letter through the mail, or did they just send you a notice through e-mail? Thanks again!

-pete

Some people have to wait only a week and I have heard of others waiting up to a month. The embassies don't tend to like too many emails asking about your case. It also depends on how many applications they are processing. We heard back in just over a week.

I would wait a month and then email again. Hopefully someone that has experience from your Embassy can be more helpful.

Thank you! For you was it a formal letter through the mail, or did they just send you a notice through e-mail? Thanks again!

-pete

We just got an email. So much faster. :D

02/11/10 - Hubby (USC) has I-130 interview at Sydney Embassy

02/11/10 - Hubby and I have CRBA interview at Sydney Embassy

02/17/10 - Medical results received

02/22/10 - Police check received

02/22/10 - NOA2/Packet 3 received

02/23/10 - DS230 mailed off to Embassy

02/23/10 - CRBA received with US Passport for daughter

02/26/10 - DS2001 and supporting documents mailed to Sydney Embassy

03/02/10 - Packet 4 received. Application is complete!

03/09/10 - Visa interview scheduled at Sydney Embassy

03/09/10 - Visa approved

03/11/10 - Visa received

03/19/10 - POE Los Angeles

03/31/10 - Greencard received

04/20/10 - SSN received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.