Emmamama

proof of ties to the us...which should i include?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hey guys,

after making a big deal about sending this off, we weren't able to today!

before i forget, has anyone else been having trouble logging onto the NVC payment site? It keeps saying application undergoing maintenance but it's now been around 10 hours!

so, i'm looking over everything.

i have lived in argentina for the past 4 years, I wrote that it is my country of domicile on I-864, because it is.

apart from explaining my family and school ties, i attached my voting record. i have been on sabbatical for the past 3 years. (i know, hippy artists. at my school you can take up to 5.) technically i am enrolled, but before semester starts i have to call school and re-instate myself.

i called to request letter of verification of enrollment about a month ago and never received it! (i was counting on this for proof!) called school and they didn't know what was going on. i don't want to wait so i don't think i'm going to include it.

is this a big deal? should i just send voting record? should i include checking account statements that show i have a US bank account? (note: all of my family, aside from husband and pup live in the US, i'm pretty "tied" to the US.)

thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Show them some proof that you have a physical address (if not, then you need to sign a lease with a family member) and show a copy of your drivers licence or some ties to a physical address in the USA or intent (aka, a lease) to prove intent to domicile in the USA...

Look up the word proof of domicile in the search function and they have a lot of topics on things that can help to prove this...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Show them some proof that you have a physical address (if not, then you need to sign a lease with a family member) and show a copy of your drivers licence or some ties to a physical address in the USA or intent (aka, a lease) to prove intent to domicile in the USA...

Look up the word proof of domicile in the search function and they have a lot of topics on things that can help to prove this...

Looked up proof of domicile--got some ideas! thanks!

I'm really pissed at school for not sending the letter!!

And I'm really not willing to wait several weeks for them to do it, although it's good evidence.

since i don't have the letter i was thinking of showing my FAFSA (federal aid for college students) form with my US address...Is that a good idea or no since I (the petitioner, NOT beneficiary) am requesting financial aid from the gov. for college???)

I also thought about attaching a non-official transcript or something with my address on it, but feel like it won't do much good if it isn't official-looking/certified/signed by a school official.

I've also also decided I'm going to send:

·voter's record

·bank statement

·credit card bill

????????????

P.S. ####### the Invoice Payment Center still isn't working!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.