Gyspy

America/Australia March Posting

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG I'm so jealous.

Medical went fine thank you Kathy.

Grats to you and Heidi on your approvals.

Just waiting on Chris's Dads Affidavit of support, as he is going co-sponsor.

And of course waiting for grandson number 2 to arrive.

Kathy, did you find what the cheapest way was to send your things to the US.

I had a few quotes and found Grace Removalist the cheapest and they guaranteed your things are legit

so they wont get held up in customers, otherwise it can cost around $500 and be held. Or so i have been told.

Just in case i have asked Chris to send me his original divorce papers, just in case, maybe you were interviewed by the same

people and they aren't as luck as us in love :)

I will be staying with my son when i go to Sydney, but the Travel lodge is a good tip for any other travelers.

Still hoping for a mid September flight, around 22nd I hope.

Well grats grats grats. Make sure you try and add things even tho the process is finished. Like EAD and AOS procedures.

All the best in your new life.

Edited by Gyspy

Timeline

Hey Heidi .. Bill's divorce papers arrived at the Consulate this morning. So hopefully I will see my Visa next week. I doubt they will send an email to say that they have received them or sending the visa I will just keep using the tracking number from my envelope and see if there is any movement with it. I hope your in the States for your birthday it would be a wonderful birthday for sure.

Where in Tennessee are you planning on getting married?

Hey Gypsy .. Great to hear the medical went well. I mean it can't really go wrong with only 15 mins LOL. I'm using Kent removalist for my move. I found them the cheapest I 'm using a sole container so it gets there in 5 weeks and its costing $8650. I could have used a share but i thought about it and how many times it has to get packed and unpacked and I thought for safety and time, I would rather have a sole container, They are picking everything that is going up on Monday 23rd.

I have completed all the customs papers today and just waiting on my Visa number as they also need a copy of that along with the number on the forms. I had quite a few quotes done with Wridgeways, Aussie movers, ITC, freight movers they all said the same that they can't guarantee that customs won;t hold it up. It all depends on who the customs officer is. They all said that as a sole container there shouldn't be a problem but if it's shared there is more of a chance that it gets held up, as they want to know who's and what's in the one container.

It's a lot of money and I have thought at times stuff it I wont take anything but there is so many memories and I do have to have some things of my own, so made the decision last week and just booked the removalist so it's done.

Great idea to get all of Chris's originals, seeing Heidi and I had the same problem. But they may not even ask to see Chris's either I suppose it who you get on the day. It's a simple process but I felt it was very impersonal as you talk to them through a security window. I was expecting them to be sitting across a table from you. I can understand why they do it this way as I can only imagine what sort of abuse they may have to put up with if someone was denied.

I hope Grand child number 2 arrives soon healthy and well. It's going to be very hard leaving them. I think about it daily and it breaks my heart but I have to keep thinking this time is now for me. I want to be with Bill so much, but I also worry about my kids and grand kids wondering if everything will be ok with them. As people keep telling me your kids are adults Kathy which they are 33 years and 29 years both have families of their own. But they are still your kids and when you have always been here for them your going to worry when your not.

Keep in touch and let me know how your interview goes and when your leaving. My flight is booked for the 14th Sept, Kathy

Timeline

TRAVEL INSURANCE

Hi Guys

Just thought I would share this with you. I have been trying to get some travel insuarance just to cover me for flying to the States and a few days after I arrive. I have called numerous places and no-one will cover you as you have no return date. I spoke with my travel agent who said that they could get cover and when I asked who it was she said Travelsure. So I thought I would call them just to ceck that this would cover me seeing no-one else would "probably alittle sceptical".

Travelsure is a product offered by a company called Covermore. I spoke with the girl there and I told her that the travel agent was going to get this travelsure policy the girl freaked she said no that's wrong it is one of our products but it won't cover you if they find out If you claim that you were not returning in the 12mths. She said the product that they offer is called Essentials and she told me all the benefts and it's a good cover she said that this is about the only product you will find that will cover immigrating to another country.

I have taken out this policy for 10 days so at least I will have some cover the cost is $144 for 10 days (you can take longer if you want to) and that way I will have time to find some temporary health cover till Bill and I marry. I know it will be expensive for temporary cover but I would rather pay it and feel covered for some health than not have it and have a bill if I get sick that could run into the thousands.

The link for Covermore is http://www.travelsure.com.au/1/home.aspx

Hope this helps anyone out that has been trying to find travel insuarnace Kathy

Timeline

Hi-

Just an update that Matt and I are still waiting on the interview, my fingers are crossed that we hear something this week. Looking at everyone's status it seems to be a week after you send the packet in that they contact you for the interview, does this sound about right?

Caren

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Caren,

I sent off my package 10 days ago and got my interview date via email today for the 24th Aug.

So it didnt' take too long at all.

Good luck.

Timeline

Hi Caren

Matt will get his interview anytime now. Just keep checking your emails as I was waiting for an email to me but it was sitting in Bill's email box.

Hope all goes well keep in touch Kathy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone :thumbs: just discovered this sub-forum and thought I'd say hi :)

Am an april filer and sent my packet 3 back to Sydney on 4 August so currently waiting for the packet 4 email - thanks for the heads up that it may be sent direct to Ted.

And thanks for the info Kathy re the original divorce decree. I had no idea that they would hold you up for that :( Have asked Ted this morning where his is and he said he and his ex wife were only ever given a copy and he thinks the original has been retained at the courthouse so he is following that up tomorrow his time just in case. Hopefully he can get it and post it down - at least if it doesnt arrive before the interview I can always submit it a day or 2 later. Is there ever an end to this silly red tape?

Hope everyone is having a great day and thanks again for the additional info.

Carey

Edited by CareBear

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Timeline

Hi Guys-

Matt interview is Aug 24th..YEA!!!!

Question when your partner sent the affidavit of support did they send in just the letter from the employer and/or the 2009 tax return as well?

I sent the letter from my employer only as in 2009 I was a full time graduate student working part-time in both States/Australia so I think my total income was around 11,000 due to school. I am now making way more over that but I am concern they will question the amount I made in 2009. Should I be worried? Matt will of course explain that I was in school etc.

The embassy is asking for a copy of my 2009 tax return so this is why I am bit worried

Caren

Edited by jazzkat78

Timeline

Hi Caren - great news about Matt's interview, that's the same day as empyre84 - and mine is the Tuesday after on the 31st.

When I sent in Ted's affidavit of support I included 2009, 2008 and 2007 tax returns, a letter from his employer and his last 6 payslips (he gets paid fortnightly) but I'm not sure if this was overkill or not lol

If they're asking for a copy of it its best that he supplies it with the explanation re school. Have you got current payslips from the now period that you can also send over? These can be scanned and emailed to Matt to save the will it get to Oz in time by mail problem.

Good luck with Matt's big day :)

Carey

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline

Hi Caren - great news about Matt's interview, that's the same day as empyre84 - and mine is the Tuesday after on the 31st.

When I sent in Ted's affidavit of support I included 2009, 2008 and 2007 tax returns, a letter from his employer and his last 6 payslips (he gets paid fortnightly) but I'm not sure if this was overkill or not lol

If they're asking for a copy of it its best that he supplies it with the explanation re school. Have you got current payslips from the now period that you can also send over? These can be scanned and emailed to Matt to save the will it get to Oz in time by mail problem.

Good luck with Matt's big day :)

Carey

Thanks Carey- I emailed the embassy as well to ask them if this is going to cause a promblem. Who knows if I will get a response but I am indeed sending Matt my last 4 years of tax returns and payslips, so fingers crossed it all goes well :)

Timeline

Hi Guys '

We submitted Bill's 2008 and 2009 tax returns, plus the letter from his current employer stating what he earns.

I'm not sure what they actually look for I did read something that you should be 125% over the poverty line once again not a hundred percent sure. Is there anyone you could use as a co sponsor Caren

if there is I would send in their tax returns too and letter from their employer too. I'm not saying it won't get approved with what you have but just in case.

Wish Matt all the best for his interview next week.

Carey I also wish you all the best the week after.

Cheers Kathy

Timeline

Hi Caren,

:-) When I received my letter for my interview they sent me the wrong one - I think it was yours that they send off to me. For Matthew..

I have the same interview date!!

Question to all::

Has anyone given thought to your Super fund? With no Australian employer adding funds the total maybe eaten up by fees and charges. I just checked with mine -sunsuper-and there is a $4 a day fee plus percentages of the total balance. Does anyone know what we can do with this?

I'm trying to think of all the stuff I need to wrap up here in Aus before I go overseas to live. If anyone has any hints, maybe things I didnt think of please let me know.

:-)

Timeline

Went for my interview today. I'm glad I flew in on the Monday to Sydney seeing they had storms and they were diverting planes this morning.

My appointment was for 11am but decided to go in at 10am. I went to level 10 and everyone was so pleasant and friendly. Had to go through the scanner a few times I kept buzzing but they kept making a joke about it so it made you feel comfortable ended up being my necklace I was wearing.

I had a immaculate folder with all my evidence (well I think it;s immaculate LOL) but they didn't even ask to see anything a little disappointed with so much thought went into it. They don't mind you going in early nothing was said about me being early so go for it I was out by 10.25am. Everything was going well no long waits and asked a few questions like how did you meet?, what was your longest stay in the U.S.?, When did we decide to get married?,

Then she went through the paperwork and asked if I had Bill's original divorce certificate I said no I didn't know I had to have let alone that I had to send it in. She said well we can't approve it until we sight the original and marry it up with the copy they had. I felt so deflated. They took my passport and said they will send the Visa as soon as they get the paper they require.

I went down stairs and called Bill a few tears but I know it will be approved but I just wanted to hear those words YOUR APPROVED..disappointed, frustrated, annoyed and of course upset. With that though Bill has FedEx the Divorce papers to Sydney today so hopefully they will have it by the end of the week. Then hopefully I will have my Visa next week. I called my boss and resigned and have booked flights for the 14th Sept.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

My partner too has been divorced, but I didnt' have a requested on my Packet 4 to take in the divorce papers? Did anything like this come up prior to your interview?

My partner send in a copy of it with packet 1.. Hmm. My interview in on the 24th of this month..

When you said to them that you didn't know you had to bring it in what was they reply? Did they say that this is common knowledge? (that none of us know).

Thanks, Ang.

Timeline

Ang when Kathy and Heidi mentioned that it happend to them both on the same day it was the first time I'd ever heard of it and I've spent hours pouring VJ making sure we had everything.

It appears to be the USC's divorce petition (if there is one) that they appear to be interested in. When filed in the US County Court the original is held by them and each party given a copy only. The consulate asked for an orignal (certified) copy on the day of the interview to compare with the photocopy the USC lodged with the original petition.

Myself personally had a freak attack when I found out why Kathy's visa issuance had been delayed and sent Ted down to the county courthouse the next day. He's obtained a fully every page certified copy of the decree and its in the mail to me as we speak so I'll have it at the interview if they ask for it.

In Kathy's case (apologies for speaking for you) her visa was approved but they wouldnt put it in her passport and return it to her until such time as she got it from her partner and posted it in.

Not sure if they are going to ask for it on the day, as said first I've heard of it, but want to have it just in case.

Hope that helps

Cheers Carey

AOS from K1 Visa

Removal of Conditions

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

Naturalization

Timeline

Update on my visa. Got an email today from sydney saying thanks for Daniels divorce papers. But during my interview, that was the only thing I was asked for, so she never asked for any of the forms that I was told to take, including the ones I was ment to sigh while I was there. So in the email I got today, they are now asking me to send 2 signed copies of forms I took to sydney that they never asked for. Totally annoyed at the consulate right now. So they are holding up my visa.....NOT HAPPY JAN!!! :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.