Gyspy

America/Australia March Posting

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi R..Keep your chin up all will work out and hopefully not before much longer you will be on your way to be with E..Bet it was hard to let E go back.

We are still waiting for our NOA2 ....Bill was only saying tonight that it looks like another quick visit to OZ if this is going to take a few more months and by the look it is.

Thinking of you Kathy

Timeline

Hi Guys I am going to join this forum as my better:) half is a Australian Citizen..residing in Adelaide.

So we got our NOA1 on 4/1/2010 and just found out last night we got a RFE. I am now waiting and going crazy for the letter to come as to why. I have looked over our stuff and not sure where we missed so I just have to wait and see.

Looking at other blogs, besides this one, is doesn't seem like RFE are common..does anyone else agree/disagree?

I will keep you posted as I know more and I am rooting for everyone else here :)

Timeline

Hi Guys I am going to join this forum as my better:) half is a Australian Citizen..residing in Adelaide.

So we got our NOA1 on 4/1/2010 and just found out last night we got a RFE. I am now waiting and going crazy for the letter to come as to why. I have looked over our stuff and not sure where we missed so I just have to wait and see.

Looking at other blogs, besides this one, is doesn't seem like RFE are common..does anyone else agree/disagree?

I will keep you posted as I know more and I am rooting for everyone else here :)

Timeline

Hi jazzkat Welcome to the forum. This is a great forum giving excellent advise and help. RFE's are happening everywhere..We had one and all it was that my hubby to be didn't tick a box. They received it back on the 21st may but we are still waiting on our NOA2. Good luck and keep in touch Kathy

Timeline

Hi Guys-

Ok I got the RFE letter today and I am to submit another copy of my proof of citizenship (I submitted my birth certificate but I guess that wasn't good enough and more evidence that my fiancé and I met in person in the last two years, even though I submitted tons of info.

For the proof of evidence what I submitted was emails, pictures, airline tixs etc. I did not submit the pages in our passport of the stamps that showed our visited to match the airline tickets. They also want date stamp photos as well, which I do have THANK GOD!

In the letter it states that this DOES NOT constitute of evidence of meeting: disc, video, emails, letters, phone bills and greeting cards.

So my question back to them is on their instruction form they never say specific what does or does not consist of evidence of meeting so why are they calling it out now! Lesson learned make sure you include passport pages and anything officially with the dates that you have been together.

Also they want full copies of both mine and my fiancé passports.

I have all the info they need so am working to get it all together and send back to them.

Any advice anyone can give would be great and I will keep you posted as I move along

Timeline

Hey Kathy, all should be good.

Thinking of you and sending my best wishes

Hey jazz welcome to the forum.

Feel free to add your experiences and suggestions, or just have a chat

If you have all the things they have asked for don't worry, things should be alright

RFEs are common, usually they are sent because of missing signatures, missing ticks, missing documents

or further proof. Which means that they believe you but just want to be 100% sure.

EandRs was because of a tick missing on a box, mine was because of our first divorce papers not being sent,

even tho i had sent mine to chris, we decided they werent really needed. (we assumed that they would believe that

we had been divorced to get married the second time, therefore the second divorce papers would be ok. WRONG)

Anyways good luck. :)

And to the latest.

Received my police clearance certificate the other day, it is completely different from the first one i got.

The first one seems to be just a general clearance, the second one i think is checked with the Federal database.

It has all state police seals on it and more personal details. Also says that fingerprints have been checked.

BTW i have no criminal history :)

Ok on the 22nd May USCIS sent Chris a letter saying that in 7 days it would be sending off the package to the

Sydney consulate. Which would have made it around the 29th (which was a Saturday so give or take a few days)

The VisaJourney process chart states that it will take around 5 - 7 business days to receive. (so about the 10th)

Then approx. 1 week after the Sydney cons receives the package they will send me the paperwork. So its getting closer.

YAY

ok guys catch ya all later and good luck

Timeline

Thanks everyone I am sending the required stuff in this morning, going to send it overnight so hopefully they will turn it around quick and give us our NOA2 to put us out of the waiting misery.

My hun and I are going to Thailand from June 27th - July 9th be nice to know and celebrate the NOA2!!! Fingers Crossed :)

Timeline

Actually, we didn't have any RFE :)

E got an email from the consulate with packet 3 yesterday, so I am busily filling in forms etc. I would have had everything ready to go, except for the delay with my medical report: I am still awaiting the results from the cardiologist, which I then have to send to the guy who did the medical before he will issue his report, hopefully only a few more days, but who knows...

It's getting closer :)

Timeline

Cool E, on the home stretch now hun.

Grats Kathy. Goes much quicker now.

Well tried ringing the consulate on Tuesday on the 02 number

It gave me an automated response saying ring the 1900 number, but mobile and home phone have had 1900's banned

It also gave the alternative 1800 number, but i had already read that it cost $12 to ring and you needed your credit card

I wasn't going to do that so sent an email. Whilst i was in the email mood thought i would check my secondary account (hotmail)

This is what happened:

Me: OMG OMG OMG

Mum: What, whats the matter (runs into my room)

Me: Look (pointing at monitor)

Mum: I can't see (she didn't have her glasses on)

Me: I got my packet 3

followed by a lot of "yay"s and clapping and mums dog running around from the excitement.

So on the 15/06 i got my packet 3

Unfortunately I had to wait until today to print out DS-230 as i ran out of ink, then bought the wrong cartridge ( i have 2 black, 1 small and 1 large)

So finally after a very long day (i had training from 4.30 - 6.30 and then went to visit my grandson for his second birthday)

I finally printed and filled out my form, sealed and stamped it and gave it mum to post it tomorrow.

And now i bid you all good luck and good night.

Timeline

Hi Gypsy ... So pleased you have your packet 3. I can't wait till the next steps start happening for me.

I went and had my fingerprints taken and ordered a police clearance certificate yesterday. They said that I had to have the biometric finger prints at Adelaide police station in Wakefield street. I questioned them becasue I know you had ink ones done but they kept telling me it's going to be fine they will accept the biometrics, I am just hoping they are right.

Have you had your appointment with Dr Miller yet?.

All the best and keep the updates coming Kathy

Timeline

Hi Everyone

Still waiting on our packet 3 but have already had

- Blood Test

- Chest X rays

- And today my medical with Dr Miller in Adelaide.

I want to be ready to just send everything in as soon as I get packet 3.

It feels so good knowing that things are happening ... I want the rest of the process to run smoothly so here's praying that it does,

Kathy

:thumbs:

Timeline

I'm STILL waiting for the restults from my medical (done 1st June). I sent the follow up reports that Dr Charles wanted last week, so hopefully I'll get the medical soon. Once I have it, everything else is ready to go back to the consulate.

Very exciting for everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.