1,217 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's been awhile since Ive posted here:

Here is an update:

We did an inforpass appoint and wrote a letter to the senator's office. We got back two responses from the senator and the lady at the infopass appointment told us the same things, we are scheduled for an interview for 11/24. Im just so sick of USCIS... I think its all just bogus. They probably got backed up and didn't know what to do with the case so they are making us go for an interview. The lady at the infopass also informed us it could take up to 1 year to get the green card. So maybe, just maybe we will get our greencard before the year is over with....

Im going to go to the interview and knock it out the park!!!

Good luck to those still waiting for their greencard!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Update on our case:

Interview: 11/24/2010

Our interview was an interview from hell! The officer was very militant... He started us off by reprimanding us for talking... which fine, I get that. It is an interview. Then he asked for our LPR documents and my documents of proof as a US citizen. Then he proceeded to talk about our age difference. Then he asked for our documents of shared things. We didn't have a lot to begin with. I explained why. He asked if either of us was married before or had children. He asked random questions off of the I-485. He then proceeded to seperate us. I kept saying a prayer to God to help hubby and I be on the same page with things and to tell the WHOLE truth as we knew it. When hubby left, he proceeded to remind me that Jamaica is high fraud country and that I needed to be careful because they needed to make sure he wasn't trying to use me to gain access to the good ol U S of A.

Questions asked in no particular order: (This is when I looked him square in the eyes in "Rashida mode" - my alter ego, lol)

Have you ever been married before?

Do you have children?

How many?

What are there names and ages?

Oh they have different fathers..

What hours do I work?

What hours does he work?

How much money does he give you?

Does he give you extra money?

What are you in school for?

What is the make and model and year of your car?

How do you get to work?

How does he get to work?

Do you have wedding pictures?

Who was at your wedding?

Can I have two of the pictures for your file?

Who helped him get his job?

What color are the bedsheets?

What color are the rugs in the bathroom?

When did you meet?

How did you meet?

How many times have you been to Jamaica?

Why did you go to Jamaica?

Im probably forgetting the rest of them. Then he called Steve back in and questioned him:

Where did you meet?

What year did you meet?

How many times has your wife been to Jamaica?

What color are the bed sheets?

What color are the rugs

How many times have you been married.

How old are her children?

Do you get along with her son?

What is she in school for?

What time does she get home?

Do you give her money?

Probably more questions but I can't remember...

Hubby told them the wrong year and I kept kicking his foot. He then remember by saying "I got the dates confused, I met her in blah blah blah"

After all of the questioning, he said well you started off rocky, but I will make my decision by the end of the day. You should receive something in the mail in the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you don't agree with the results you can schedule an infopass appoint and blah blah blah thats all I heard. I damn near ran out of the building. We were there for 1 and 1/2 hours.

Well 2 hours later "Card Production Ordered" !

Yesterday hubby received his welcome letter...

God is good! :dance::dance::dance:

By the way, they lost our marriage certificate but I had a copy ready for them! :thumbs:

Edited by MRStee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.