sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you!

Happy Friday Jamerican!

I second that Ms. Sheka! So happy for your family! :dance::dance::dance:

Back at cha DW!!! (its so funny I picture the cartoon Arthur every time I type DW) :rofl:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Alright Yardies likkle more...I need to scoot on and get to preparing this case for trial...ughhhhh! :(

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats again sheka!

fats gets a :star::star: :star: for behaving himself

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Back at cha DW!!! (its so funny I picture the cartoon Arthur every time I type DW) :rofl:

Me too.... :rofl:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Hello & goodnight. I hope everyone & there SO are doing fine. & to those who have just touched down, I hope you are adjusting accordingly. I must say it has been awhile since I last post here. I've been extremely busy. My work environment was a bit uneasy, my son testing me, preparing for & ultimately getting married on March 5th. And lastly, gathering all documents required for AOS, EAD, & AP. I have intentions of mailing it tomorrow, 3/19/10. I however seem unsure as to which address to use, the Chicago lockbox address with the P.O Box or the 131 South Dearborn Chicago address? I want confirmation it was received so I'm thinking to send it to the 131 address as opposed to the P.O Box. Which address have most of you all used?? Or better yet, which is clearly said to be used by USCIS?

Thanks in advance all!!!

Congrats on your marriage & on getting ready to send out AOS! Things are moving now! :thumbs:

I have a ?. Do u agree with sharing your bank PIN with your spouse??

Sure, I'd share my pin with him....just not my card! :rofl:

But seriously, I have my own bank accts & we also have a joint acct that is not being touched at all right now. He also has his own acct with not much $$ in there but when he starts working, he can do what he wants with his acct once I give him the run down on how banking works & how not to go over the limit (AND after he forks some over to help pay the bills). He's also not too comfortable using the cards but I'm sure with enough practice he'll be a pro. :lol:

Good morning Yardies! What a beautiful day today is thus far.. I love this weather! I heart.gif my hubby! I told him I was going to start walking in the morning before I come to work.. He said we'll see blink.gif ol doubtin thomas! lol

My brother came to my house yesterday. He lives about 10 minutes from me. He looked good so I know Yardie prayers reached him. He told me to thank everyone for their concern and prayers. This really scared him.

LOL! I told hubby I wanted to walk or go for a bike ride this evening after dinner! I also told him he has to really help talk me into it. Usually after dinner I just want to watch my shows & goof off online. I told him if he has dinner ready by the time I get home from work (it's his turn, I've been cooking the last week or so), we can eat & be on our way by 6:00 until it gets dark. We'll see what happens there. I NEED & WANT to move my lazy body!

Glad your brother is looking & feeling better Mrstee!

Timeline

RANDOM THOUGHT:

I think today is SHAMROCK SHAKE FRIDAY!! :lol::whistle:

We were watching the fugitive shows last night and hubby was asking if we committed a crime together and I got caught would I give the cops his name? I saidyes.gifrofl.gif If I go down so do you!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Did Finese spit dem trolls out yet?

:rofl::rofl:

You should mail it to: USCIS, ATTN:FBAS, 131 SOUTH DEARBORN-3RD FLOOR, CHICAGO, IL 60603-5517 this is if you want receipt confirmation.

:yes::thumbs: That's where I sent it.

I was almost tempted to rid my motorcycle today. The weather is nice. Going to be 74 today, but I still have a cold and it was cold this morning.

Cool! You go girl!

Morning & thank you Jew Nug. Before sunset today, it's out of my hands. Hooray!!!!!

:dance: Again, CONGRATS!

Jew... that is so cool that you have a motorcycle! I am the only person in my family not to have their license! My mom, grandma,grandpa, dad, brother .. everyone has but me. My BF down in DC has hers too.

Just this morning I saw a dad dropping his daughter off at school on his bike. I remember my dad riding me around on his "fat boy" Harley when I was a kid... LOVED it! I had an orange sparkly helmet!! :)

:lol: You've got a family FULL of 'easy riders' huh? I love the thought of your granny ridin a hog!

Timeline

Oh, thanks for thinking of her.

She slept for a few hours yesterday, took a bath, had some pizza and felt better but she couldnt get to sleep after the long nap. She was coughing a little in her sleep last night.

I got her some cough drops and allergy medicine for school and she is there... so far so good. She didnt want to miss school.. Nana made cupcakes for the class to celebrate her birthday. :)

Glad she's hanging in there....I've always had mild allergies but nothing that put me down like that...poor kiddo. I know she'll have fun at school sharing those cupcakes! :yes::thumbs:

You go girl on the bike Hubby luv's bikes and the last time he rode me on one I screamed and almost had a heart attack :help: needless to say he refuses to ride me again! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: You were on that bike CLUTCHIN THE PEARLS! :lol:

Anyhow, I used these few days to get some things together and decide what we're gonna do for the wedding. At first I was going to do a civil marriage but then I thought heck no! So in search of a dress, couldn't find 1 and gave up BUT last minute found the perfect 1 for $98! It's gorgeous. NOW I have to decide what I'm going to do after the wedding, reception or go out to eat. As I had mentioned in here before, my family doesn't seem to care and my best friend is schziphrenic and doesn't take her meds, so do I really want a set of grumpy, don't care family members and a ticking time bomb friend all in 1 room? :no:

Let's see what happens but so far I know for a fact that I'm having the wedding in a church and I need to choose which pastor is going to do our premarital counseling... Decisions, decisions...

Congrats on finding a nice inexpensive dress! Gotta love that! Sounds like you're figuring it all out. The day is for the two of you so make it special for YOU & don't worry about the rest.

Good morning, everyone!

My baby's home! :dance: His flight landed early yesterday. When he called to tell me that he was in the immigration line, I was JUST starting to head to pick him up, in rush hr traffic, at an airport about 40 minutes away during off-peak hours. I feared that he'd be sitting waiting for me for a LONG time.

But he got sent to a secondary room (same one he went to his first time arriving in USA) and that delay was just the right amount of time. When I arrived to meet him, he'd just picked up his luggage.

In other great news, we got our income tax refund today! :dance: I thought about using part of it to replace my stolen G1 phone, but just can't bring myself to pay that much for a cell phone.

I stayed up talking to my friend until almost 1am last night, then interacted with Steven for another hour or so, so I am TIRED.

Yay for hubby being home! At least today is Friday & you can sleep in tomorrow & catch up!

Timeline

Okay ladies...I am taking the kids to the park for a picnic. If I don't come back on later today...have a great weekend.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Like Beyonce said, Time to pull out the "freakum dress" Niq! lol

:rofl:

good morning everyone..congrats mo on getting married! join the "blended family" club girl, its a trip i know.. it gets better slowly lol :innocent:

nice topic 1luv...roger knows my pin.. he does most of the running around so he has my card more than i do actually (and he keeps better track of it.. just had to order a replacement last week when it got in my hands ONE DAY, SAADDDDD :no: ).. he is like louis, in that he rarely buys anything that i don't ask him or that we don't need.. i am VERY big on BUDGETS...now that i think of it, i will have remind him to go get him some guinness today,he has been going without for a couple of weeks now..wasn't in the budget :rofl:

whatever works for that couple i believe!

congrats just, i knew it was a no brainer!

wow dills, that was quick, im sure u don't think so tho lol

You ain't never lied Q!

LOL @ Guiness not being in the budget I heard that! :yes:

aww dillon..thats so sweet of mikel!

philly, you better get up on ur basketball game sweetie..playoffs is coming up Y&R will be having technical diffulties :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: girlll you know I am hotter than fish grease but the least they can do is show the episodes online or on Soap.net but NADA! :help:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

I had to say MIGHT BE because Aunt flo is due in town any day now.

Bummer! Hey, weird question...I wonder how many of us are on the same 'schedule' ?...my auntie is due to show up at my doorstep any time now too. :P

Mawning Afternoon Yardies :star: Thank you all for all your support :thumbs::yes: my Hubby came home and just fit right in :luv: it was so easy to get the kids up and dressed and out the door and Fat has been very good and when he slips my hubby calls his name once and he's like :innocent: i am going to post my review soon so you all can get the details but it was quite a journey and very emotional for us :crying::yes:

So happy hubby is fitting right in. And HA HA Fat! The ENFORCER has arrived! :rofl:

We're all still dying to know how that boy was on the plane though. :yes::lol:

Well folks, its almost time to start a new thread! Boy we can chat.. Charles said by April 4 and Shanette said by March 14th.. I say by March 20th rofl.gif its lookin like charles is right

Charles is only right cause we actually slowed down a little. :yes:

Welcome to the US Roger :)

Yeah, what she said!

Hello everyone.... This term is DONE...FINISH! Did well on all of the tests so I feel REALLLLLLLL GOOOOOD. Anyone ever go onto the website www.groupon.com ? It is a site where you log into your city and there are daily coupons for services or restaurants offered to groups of people. I have bought a couple so far and I am using my first one today for a $90 heated/aromatherapy massage for $45! The other coupon I got was for an indian restaurant $35 for $15. OMG just looked at today and the deal today in my town is $750 worth of lazer hair removal for $99....I want this soooo bad...

If any of you do sign up if you list my code since I referred you I will get $10....http://www.groupon.com/r/uu844133 either way I just think it is a really good site so if not...no problems just wanted you all to be aware of it.

Didn't mean this to sound like an infommertial... :hehe:

Congrats on finishing school & doing it well! :thumbs:

Thanks for the tip on groupons.com...I signed up....before I read the rest of your msg....then I wrote support & gave them your code & asked them if they'd give you the credit. Dang, I'd TOTALLY get lazer hair removal if it was only $99!

Okay ladies...I am taking the kids to the park for a picnic. If I don't come back on later today...have a great weekend.

Have fun Dillonique!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He said I need to have stawberrys, roses and champagne ready when he gets home. Freak Niq might be in the house!!!!!

WTH? he's been on vacation and you been home working and taking care of the kids. HE needs to be bringing you that stuff.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

But now a cute one for the moms a friend just sent me:

WHY GOD MADE MOMS

Answers given by 2nd grade school children

Why did God make Mothers?

1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.

2. Mostly to clean the house.

3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.

3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?

1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?

1. We're related.

2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's mom like me.

What kind of a little girl was your mom?

1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.

2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.

3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name.

2. She had to know his background. Like, is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?

3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.

2. She got too old to do anything else with him.

3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.

2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.

3. I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What's the difference between moms and dads?

1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.

2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.

3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.

4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?

1.. Mothers don't do spare time.

2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?

1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.

2. Diet. You know, her hair…I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.

2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.

3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

WHEN YOU STOP LAUGHING -- SEND IT ON TO OTHER MOTHERS, GRANDMOTHERS, AND AUNTS....and anyone else who has anything to do with kids or just needs a good laugh.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Who is doing something fun and exciting this weekend?

Ells, I know what you mean.......I have been walking every night before dinner. Today, I had to go to the bank and order some food for Monday's meeting. I walked all over the place. Was gone for over an hour. So nice out. I didn't want to come back. crying.gif

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

MrsTee, I just read your recap from about 24 hours ago. It was so good! I am cracking up laughing at the humor you put into the various situations we're all going through.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.