LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

my moms tourist visa 1st time applicant

33 posts in this topic

congrats

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to share how happy I am that mama will be here soon to bring my daughter Sophia Mae..thank you Lord.. godbless everyone

WOW!!!That's a one awesome news!God is really GOOD ALL THE TIME!=)So happy for you

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

I just want to share how happy I am that mama will be here soon to bring my daughter Sophia Mae..thank you Lord.. godbless everyone

hi ask ko if how much ang minimum n pede ipresent sa bank statement ng mother mo para ma approve.thanks po!

150k..-- we also provided business itr's as well ..they asked my mother how much she earns in her business she answered 150,000 monthly.. ( she was asked how much she earns a year)..she was also asked what type of business she had ? etc. =]

150k..-- we also provided business itr's as well ..they asked my mother how much she earns in her business she answered 150,000 monthly.. ( she was asked how much she earns a year)..she was also asked what type of business she had ? etc. =]

what if alang business ang mother ko housewife sya father ko lng po ang ngwork but shes 54 yrs old.property lng dw ng house at bank meron sya high chance ba n possible d sya mgrant ng visa?thanks po s reply!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
what if alang business ang mother ko housewife sya father ko lng po ang ngwork but shes 54 yrs old.property lng dw ng house at bank meron sya high chance ba n possible d sya mgrant ng visa?thanks po s reply!

as long as your parents show strong ties to the Philippines, and convinces the consul that she will come back... then she may have a chance.

Strong ties to Philippines doesn't always mean financial proof.

can be relational ties, for example, your brothers or sisters... tulad ni mama at papa, they were approved 10 yr visa though they weren't asked for any financial proof at all.

when they were asked why will you come back to Philippines...

my mother answered isa lang anak niya sa US, 4 sa Pinas pati mga apo... di niya pagpapalit yun.. purpose lang talaga is to visit kasi matanda na rin si Papa at gusto nya ring makarating ng tate...

... so basically its how you really convince the consul that they are there for their purpose and will return as expected of a tourist.

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

that is true..because its the satisfaction of ur answer to the consule..here are the questions that was asked to my mom that day?

- how much monthly income u earn in a month/ yearly?

- how long are u planning to stay in US?

- purpose of travel?

- why are the parents not coming home to pick up sophia?

- do u have pending petition?

- where are u gonna stay?

** thats all she can remember =] ** goodluck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question lang po for future reference...

If parents got approved for a 10 year multiple entry visa, are they required to purchase a round trip ticket? Or is it OK to purchase a one way ticket only especially if they are not sure when they want to go back? Also, as tourist visa holders, what is the maximum number of days they can stay here in US, if there's such a thing?

Thanks!

Timeline
that is true..because its the satisfaction of ur answer to the consule..here are the questions that was asked to my mom that day?

- how much monthly income u earn in a month/ yearly?

- how long are u planning to stay in US?

- purpose of travel?

- why are the parents not coming home to pick up sophia?

- do u have pending petition?

- where are u gonna stay?

** thats all she can remember =] ** goodluck

hello

ask k lng sana kung mag apply ung kapatid k ar sister k dito s tate pde b xiang kumuha ng invitation letter n galing s amin khit tourist visa lng inaaplayan nila..

hoing for the response thank you and god bless

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Timeline
hello

ask k lng sana kung mag apply ung kapatid k ar sister k dito s tate pde b xiang kumuha ng invitation letter n galing s amin khit tourist visa lng inaaplayan nila..

ask k lng sana kung mag apply ung mama k at sister k dito s tate pde b xiang kumuha ng invitation letter n galing s amin khit tourist visa lng inaaplayan nila..

ung mga requirements n kelngan nila like business at ung bank statement ok n.

thanks hoping for ur reply.

god bless and congrats to ur mom and ur daugther

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Timeline

How long they can stay in US while on tourist visa depends on the port of entry, clearing with immigrations.. Not sure if 6 months max they can stay, but they did get a round trip ticket with 6 months stay and that's what they got when they cleared... sometimes they also give 3 month stay.. etc..

I dont think its a requirement that they get a roundtrip ticket but i remember before some airlines ask what kind of visa you have and usually quotes a roundtrip for tourist, parang by default... so you need to specify with them if it's one way only.

Question lang po for future reference...

If parents got approved for a 10 year multiple entry visa, are they required to purchase a round trip ticket? Or is it OK to purchase a one way ticket only especially if they are not sure when they want to go back? Also, as tourist visa holders, what is the maximum number of days they can stay here in US, if there's such a thing?

Thanks!

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

EAD

AP

ROC

Timeline

You can provide an invitation letter but it's not a requirement and it usually doesn't help much... how old na ba sister mo? again, still showing strong ties to Philippines is the best way to go for tourist visa.

hello

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

EAD

AP

ROC

If parents got approved for a 10 year multiple entry visa, are they required to purchase a round trip ticket? YES THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GET ROUNDTRIP..Kasi the immigration Poe officer will QUESTION the person that THEY might have intention of overstaying in US.

Or is it OK to purchase a one way ticket only especially if they are not sure when they want to go back? no Also, as tourist visa holders, what is the maximum number of days they can stay here in US, if there's such a thing? depends.. sa poe officer pero i heard that some are given 3-6 months minimum again.. DEPENDS.. ..

***hello

YES YOU CAN PERO ITS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT THE VISA will be issued its the satisfaction of the answer or the person applying for b1 visa and un guarantee that they are not gonna overstay in US and babalik sila sa Pilipinas

ask k lng sana kung mag apply ung mama k at sister k dito s tate pde b xiang kumuha ng invitation letter n galing s amin khit tourist visa lng inaaplayan nila..

ung mga requirements n kelngan nila like business at ung bank statement ok n.

thanks hoping for ur reply.

normally, its ITR ung galing sa bir, bank statements, properties ( like car, house ), credit card statements

Edited by LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.