Hamburger Man

Evolution of Relationship Letter

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My Fiancee's interview is scheduled in Guangzhou for March 23rd, 2010. I'm really nervous, and I can't be with her even though I really want to, so I prepared this letter on my behalf.

I'm looking for feedback. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Dear Consulate:

My name is Phillip R. Bxxxxx and I am Feifei Fxxxx Fiance and I-129F petitioner. I really wanted to be here today to support Feifei during her interview, but I have used up all my vacation time visiting her two times in Beijing in 2009 and taking off more time to host her and her dad on a 17 day trip the US just this past February 2010.

I met Feifei Fxxxx on a casual chat site called omegle.com. It is NOT a dating site and neither Feifei or myself where looking for a love interest. I’ll never forget that day: May 28th, 2009--Dragon Boat Festival Day in China. Feifei told me she was from China. I had never talked to anyone from China before so this peaked my interest. I asked Feifei for her picture and we exchanged emails (I sent her my picture as well) because I wanted to know who I was talking to. At first we had some problems with the email and I thought she had seen my picture but didn’t like me. Looking back on it now it’s very funny, because as it turns out I met the love of my life that day.

After our pictures where exchanged Feifei suggested that we should do a live video chat. We both had Skype so we each started that up and connected. Wow! I was live chatting with a Chinese girl living in mainland China. When I first saw her on video that day I knew she was a kind, loving and romantic person. The first night we chatted for five (5) hours! The next day I counted the hours until I could connect with her again. We video chatted again, this time for six hours (6) hours. I found her fascinating, and couldn’t bring myself to end the video chat--neither could she. The second told I told her I felt a magic connection and typed my first (of many) chinese words to her: love.

She felt perplexed about this and didn’t know what to do or say to me. She didn’t outright reject me, but told me she needed more time and wanted to see how she felt. I’ll be honest and tell you I was pretty hurt. Here I found what I thought was the love of my life and she was telling me “no.” I told her I had to get to leave for work and rather abruptly ended the video chat. I didn’t know it at the time, but later she told me that night she felt very sad and came to realize that when I left our video chat she felt regret and realized she felt something more for me than just friends.

The next day we talked on video again and both agreed that we wanted to be closer with each other. We exchanged phone numbers and physical addresses. From that point on we have spoken to each other by phone, QQ instant messenger or Skype video chat EVERY DAY (sometimes two (2) times a day)!

At first Feifei’s family was very skeptical of me. After all, I lived half a world away and we met on the internet. Who would believe this could be true love? The next milestone was when I gave Feifei a call at her sister Jie Mei’s house. She couldn’t believe I was actually calling her! Her mom and sister where both there and they kept yelling at Feifei to get off the phone and not to talk to me.We didn’t let this discourage us. We kept talking everyday by phone, video and instant messenger. A few weeks later I gave Feifei a call at her Dad’s place of business. Her dad and I talked on the phone and Feifei assisted with translation. After about 15 minutes of chatting with her dad he was laughing and gave his initial approval of our relationship.

A few more weeks passed and Feifei was chatting with me on Skype as we did daily when her mom poked her head into the video frame. At first her mom was very shy and didn’t want to talk to me. Eventually she relaxed and Feifei assisted with a translation between her mom and me. After chatting a while her mom also gave her initial approval of our relationship. It was time to plan my trip to China.

I got my China visa and booked my plane tickets. I arrived in China on August 10th, 2009. Feifei, her mom and dad met me at the airport. When I saw her smiling face at the arrivals gate I knew the long trip had been worth it. She called my name “Phillip … Phillip…” I’ll never forget that day. I dropped all my things and ran over to hug her. I never felt so much love from another human being as I did that day. We spent 14 wonderful days in Beijing together. I got to know her, her family and more about China. The warm feelings I felt for her and her family told me this was the girl I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The last weekend I was there (August 22nd, 2009) I took Feifei and her parents to The Great Wall. We climbed the wall, and once at the top I asked Feifei to marry me. She said yes! The next day her dad had an impromptu engagement party and about 20 or so of the family and closest friends where there. I returned to the US with a Fiancee and started the I-129F petition.

Feifei and I continued to talk by phone and video every day. As each day passed I felt very sad she and I weren’t together. I decided I would return to China again in November 2009. I arrived in China again on October 31, 2009. Feifei was still going to school so Feifei’s mom and I spent a lot of time together. My Mandarin Chinese really got a boost from speaking it everyday with her Mom. Her mom and I also cemented our relationship which I need feel is very strong (even better than the one I have with my mom). On November 10th, 2009 we said our sad goodbyes at Beijing International and I again returned to the US.

We began planning our next meeting: this time it would be in the US on January 31, 2010. Feifei and her dad got their B2 tourist visas and arrived in the US as scheduled. My dad and I met them at the airport. When we saw each other we embraced so tight.

While in the US Feifei and her Dad met my family and friends. My mom, dad, and sister all loved Feifei and approved of our relationship. I showed her and her dad the sights and exposed them to American culture.

What I want is to be with Feifei permanently and all I ask is you grant her a K1 visa so we can start our life together and won’t have to part ever again, my heart can’t bare the distance!

Thank you!

Phillip R. Bxxxx

Petitioner

Edited by Hamburger Man

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My Fiancee's interview is scheduled in Guangzhou for March 23rd, 2010. I'm really nervous, and I can't be with her even though I really want to, so I prepared this letter on my behalf.

I'm looking for feedback. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Dear Consulate:

My name is Phillip R. Bxxxxx and I am Feifei Fxxxx Fiance and I-129F petitioner. I really wanted to be here today to support Feifei during her interview, but I have used up all my vacation time visiting her two times in Beijing in 2009 and taking off more time to host her and her dad on a 17 day trip the US just this past February 2010.

I met Feifei Fxxxx on a casual chat site called omegle.com. It is NOT a dating site and neither Feifei or myself where looking for a love interest. I’ll never forget that day: May 28th, 2009--Dragon Boat Festival Day in China. Feifei told me she was from China. I had never talked to anyone from China before so this peaked my interest. I asked Feifei for her picture and we exchanged emails (I sent her my picture as well) because I wanted to know who I was talking to. At first we had some problems with the email and I thought she had seen my picture but didn’t like me. Looking back on it now it’s very funny, because as it turns out I met the love of my life that day.

After our pictures where exchanged Feifei suggested that we should do a live video chat. We both had Skype so we each started that up and connected. Wow! I was live chatting with a Chinese girl living in mainland China. When I first saw her on video that day I knew she was a kind, loving and romantic person. The first night we chatted for five (5) hours! The next day I counted the hours until I could connect with her again. We video chatted again, this time for six hours (6) hours. I found her fascinating, and couldn’t bring myself to end the video chat--neither could she. The second told I told her I felt a magic connection and typed my first (of many) chinese words to her: love.

She felt perplexed about this and didn’t know what to do or say to me. She didn’t outright reject me, but told me she needed more time and wanted to see how she felt. I’ll be honest and tell you I was pretty hurt. Here I found what I thought was the love of my life and she was telling me “no.” I told her I had to get to leave for work and rather abruptly ended the video chat. I didn’t know it at the time, but later she told me that night she felt very sad and came to realize that when I left our video chat she felt regret and realized she felt something more for me than just friends.

The next day we talked on video again and both agreed that we wanted to be closer with each other. We exchanged phone numbers and physical addresses. From that point on we have spoken to each other by phone, QQ instant messenger or Skype video chat EVERY DAY (sometimes two (2) times a day)!

At first Feifei’s family was very skeptical of me. After all, I lived half a world away and we met on the internet. Who would believe this could be true love? The next milestone was when I gave Feifei a call at her sister Jie Mei’s house. She couldn’t believe I was actually calling her! Her mom and sister where both there and they kept yelling at Feifei to get off the phone and not to talk to me.We didn’t let this discourage us. We kept talking everyday by phone, video and instant messenger. A few weeks later I gave Feifei a call at her Dad’s place of business. Her dad and I talked on the phone and Feifei assisted with translation. After about 15 minutes of chatting with her dad he was laughing and gave his initial approval of our relationship.

A few more weeks passed and Feifei was chatting with me on Skype as we did daily when her mom poked her head into the video frame. At first her mom was very shy and didn’t want to talk to me. Eventually she relaxed and Feifei assisted with a translation between her mom and me. After chatting a while her mom also gave her initial approval of our relationship. It was time to plan my trip to China.

I got my China visa and booked my plane tickets. I arrived in China on August 10th, 2009. Feifei, her mom and dad met me at the airport. When I saw her smiling face at the arrivals gate I knew the long trip had been worth it. She called my name “Phillip … Phillip…” I’ll never forget that day. I dropped all my things and ran over to hug her. I never felt so much love from another human being as I did that day. We spent 14 wonderful days in Beijing together. I got to know her, her family and more about China. The warm feelings I felt for her and her family told me this was the girl I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The last weekend I was there (August 22nd, 2009) I took Feifei and her parents to The Great Wall. We climbed the wall, and once at the top I asked Feifei to marry me. She said yes! The next day her dad had an impromptu engagement party and about 20 or so of the family and closest friends where there. I returned to the US with a Fiancee and started the I-129F petition.

Feifei and I continued to talk by phone and video every day. As each day passed I felt very sad she and I weren’t together. I decided I would return to China again in November 2009. I arrived in China again on October 31, 2009. Feifei was still going to school so Feifei’s mom and I spent a lot of time together. My Mandarin Chinese really got a boost from speaking it everyday with her Mom. Her mom and I also cemented our relationship which I need feel is very strong (even better than the one I have with my mom). On November 10th, 2009 we said our sad goodbyes at Beijing International and I again returned to the US.

We began planning our next meeting: this time it would be in the US on January 31, 2010. Feifei and her dad got their B2 tourist visas and arrived in the US as scheduled. My dad and I met them at the airport. When we saw each other we embraced so tight.

While in the US Feifei and her Dad met my family and friends. My mom, dad, and sister all loved Feifei and approved of our relationship. I showed her and her dad the sights and exposed them to American culture.

What I want is to be with Feifei permanently and all I ask is you grant her a K1 visa so we can start our life together and won’t have to part ever again, my heart can’t bare the distance!

Thank you!

Phillip R. Bxxxx

Petitioner

I think it sounds pretty good. It gives enough hard info to provide proof of relationship and shows you have feelings for each others families. I would provide all the ticket stubs, pics, phone records etc. to coincide with the visits and I think you have a solid baseline.

May 29, 09, had attorney send I-129F to USCIS

June 3, 09, USCIS received I-129F

June 4, 09, USCIS I-797C, 1st NOA notice date.

Aug 28, 09, USCIS sends I-797E NOA. RFE requesting further evidence we have met within 2 years prior

Sept 3, 09, I sent updated RFE info to USCIS

Sept 8, 09 USCIS receives my info

Sept 11, 09 USCIS sends I-797C NOA--I-129F Petition approved, also forwards petition to NVC

Sept 23, 09 NVC receives approved I-129F from USCIS also forwards petition to consulate in HCMC

Dec 4, 09 Interview at HCMC Consulate, Blue slip, timeline, ex's address, medical results from Cho Ray

Jan 4, 10 Turned in timeline, ex,s address. White slip, 221(g) for lack of medical results. AP pending results.

Jan 4, 10 Cho Ray diagnosis--class A active multi drug resistant tb. Treatment time 18 to 24 months.

Jan 6, 10 I email consulate re: what do we do next, since K1 expires Jan 10, 10.

Jan 13, 10 Consulate replies--They have received all requested documents and the case is pending a CO review

Since the case is pending due to treatment of tb, the case is still active until treat-

ment is complete provided we contact the consulate every 6 months and notify

them she is under treatment to keep the file in open status.

Jan 14, 10 to July 2012 we wait.

July 2012, visa issued.

Aug 2012, Marriage in US.

FYI I would never put your real names out on an open forum like this (though I tend to be the paranoid type). 'Report' your post and ask a moderator to remove the names.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'd suggest this - less sap, more detail of dates/events - also - every date in the letter, change font to BOLD.

-----

My name is Phillip R. Bxxxxx and I am the US Citizen fiance of Feifei Fxxxx . I really wanted to be here today to support Feifei during her interview, but I have used up all my vacation time visiting her two times in Beijing in 2009 and taking off more time to host her and her dad on a 17 day trip the US just this past February 2010.

I met Feifei Fxxxx, online, on a casual chat site called omegle.com on May 29th, 2009. We exchanged contact info, and started chatting on Skype Video Chat .

After some time, I talked with her via telephone, for about 4 weeks. Then I made the big call to her father (via FeiFei interpreting) on the telephone, he gave me his initial approval of our relationship.

I also spoke with FeiFei's mom, on Skype Video Chat, and her mom gave me her initial approval of our relationship, as well, on (put date here).

I started planning my trip to China, and arived on August 10th, 2009. Feifei, her mom and dad met me at the airport. When I saw her smiling face at the arrivals gate I knew the long trip had been worth it. She called my name “Phillip … Phillip…” I’ll never forget that day. I dropped all my things and ran over to hug her. I never felt so much love from another human being as I did that day. We spent 14 wonderful days in Beijing together. I got to know her, her family and more about China. The warm feelings I felt for her and her family told me this was the girl I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The last weekend I was there (August 22nd, 2009) I took Feifei and her parents to The Great Wall. We climbed the wall, and once at the top I asked Feifei to marry me. She said yes! The next day her dad had an impromptu engagement party and about 20 or so of the family and closest friends where there. I returned to the US with a Fiancee and started the I-129F petition.

Feifei and I continued to talk by phone , in English, and video every day, in English. As each day passed I felt very sad she and I weren’t together. I decided I would return to China again in November 2009. I arrived in China again on October 31, 2009. Feifei was still going to school so Feifei’s mom and I spent a lot of time together. My Mandarin Chinese really got a boost from speaking it everyday with her Mom. Her mom and I also cemented our relationship which I need feel is very strong (even better than the one I have with my mom). On November 10th, 2009 we said our sad goodbyes at Beijing International and I again returned to the US.

Thank you!

Phillip R. Bxxxx

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Corrections:

piqued your interest (not peaked)

bear the distance (not bare)

Commentary:

Consular officers are busy people and are not going to care that you thought she lost interest because she saw your photo and thought you were unattractive, blah blah blah. :P You're going into a lot of unnecessary detail that won't matter to them, and may cause them to just stop reading your letter.

Again, you start talking about the confusion she felt at first about your indication of love, etc.

You could sum up that whole section with: "We began talking on Skype video chat daily for hours at a time, counting the minutes of the time we were apart."

The part about her family being initially skeptical but you winning them over is good, but again, I would shorten it up.

The details of your trip to China and your time together while there are more pertinent, especially the stuff about meeting her family, the engagement party, etc.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - when you have a moment - could you post the final version, the one that you actually used on interview day - here ?

Thanks in Advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.