AKguy

Petition sent to Moscow

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise. I was worried with our own US holidays mucking up the works. And then the Haiti issue mucking up the works. Not to mention the RU holidays mucking up the works. But I've been pleasantly surprised thusfar.

Don't lose hope man! It's all you can hold on to right now. :)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Don't lose hope man! It's all you can hold on to right now. :)

"Hope is a beautiful thing" ©

It's all there is to do, until the VJ ends.

That and Voodoo... I'm a make a VSC doll and start sticking needles in it after we pass 100 days I swear :D

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
That and Voodoo... I'm a make a VSC doll and start sticking needles in it after we pass 100 days I swear :D

I hope they crank your approval this week. VSC slowed down, but you filed before that. So you should get your NOA2 very soon. Than Kiev is faster than Moscow in interview appointments. So, your wait will be over sometime in April.

Timeline
Chi like Slim says you dont have to wait for them to send anything to start working on what you need they send a a form with a link which lands you the moscow embassy website fiance visa (http://moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html like us you probably have been to this page about 1 million times already) that lists the requirements for the interview along with the links to documents.

One thing that we did was that once we had the date on when the packet was sent from the NVC to the embassy we waited ten days and then we sent a email to the embassy (consulMo@state.gov) from her email address. We had a reply in 3 days that contained the interview date but that probably also depends on the work load of packets coming into the embassy.

Here is the contents of the email we sent.

SUBJECT: K-1 Package

Dear Embassy Official,

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I have a inquiry

concerning the status of my K-1 visa case. I would like to verify that

the embassy has received the packet and what steps should be taken at

this time. According to the National Visa Center the package was shipped

on 1/21/2010.

Here is our USCIS receipt number and our case number:

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Case Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Petitioner: xxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary: xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for you time.

Thanks for the advice - I was just worried that we wouldn't get a date set until we sent in documents. My fiancee still has not received her letter from the embassy, but that hasn't stopped us from getting all the documents together. We should be ready with lots of time to spare. I just want to know.

My girl is also from Chelyabinsk although her family lives near Tambov. I'll go to get her there and fly back out of Moscow when the time finally arrives.

Timeline
I hope they crank your approval this week. VSC slowed down, but you filed before that. So you should get your NOA2 very soon. Than Kiev is faster than Moscow in interview appointments. So, your wait will be over sometime in April.

Thank you, but I think our NOA-2 wait will be over sometime in April. At least VSC is looking that way now.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
So are you going from "oh, I don't have to clean or do anything, she won't be here for a while" to "oh #######, gotta burn the house down, pronto?" :)

Congrats, Shawn. It's nice to see that NVC is on the ball too :)

OMG I remember that time! I was remodeling the whole house and I ended up sweeping the last of the construction debrius off the porch the morning of the day she arrived! I stashed the tools out in the shed in a big pile, and stacked up the debris at the back of the house. Hurry up, Shawn, it goes faster than you think!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
My place was up to date, but I left the patio and flower beds completely empty. Vika was thrilled, and my neighbors went from teasing me because it looked from outside like no one lives here, to hee-hawing about how now it DEFINITELY looks like a woman is in residence. The place does look great.

Alla told me to remodel everything but prime all the walls and let her choose colors. OK, I did. Then she says it looks "too white" when she arrived. :wacko:

Very true. Know that the DS-156K form, where she'll list all those K-2 kids coming along with her!!!, is in Russian and is to be filled out in Russian.

She should get a copy in her packet to be mailed to her, but just in case it gets lost, you can only download a copy from the Embassy Website.

Phil...Anna IS the K2 kid. :lol:

Do not tell that to her! She is probably dying to see you ... and freezing in Moscow cold ... soon to be drowning when all that extra snow melts.

Um, ...she is moving to Alaska.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Thank you, but I think our NOA-2 wait will be over sometime in April. At least VSC is looking that way now.

I will pray for you guys!

Is there a US Visa God? There should be. All the mysteries, conflicting stories and info, unexplained and illogical decisions that surround the VJ at every step can only be unexplained by a presence of a force above. One should not try to explain the Lord's timeline and decisions. Just believe and pray!

Is it a ground to set up a new religion? US Visa Witnesses ? At least our huge donations to the Office will be tax deductible :)

Timeline
After my inquiry last Tuesday (I think), I just received this.

"We’ve received the case and scheduled her visa interview for April 23, at 10 am ".

Great, so by the tim eshe arrives, the sun will be hitting the front of the house, eh?

Gary And Alla

Timeline
"Hope is a beautiful thing" ©

It's all there is to do, until the VJ ends.

Ukrainian from Crimea making voodoo dolls...please don't go there!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Truth be told I froze my nubs off in Moscow... If anything it'll be warmer here!

I don't get to say that much.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Truth be told I froze my nubs off in Moscow... If anything it'll be warmer here!

I don't get to say that much.

Good habit. Criticizing the motherland wins no arguments.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.