nyc_girl_aussie

checklist for interview please your advice

4 posts in this topic

ok im organising my package to take tommorow for our interview and im so frantic to do this and its 1.30pm and im still in my pj's lol

i need someone to tell me if im missing anything or i can add things

in order

1. the interview letter

2. my husbands individual tax return from 2004-2003-2002

3. a letter from his job saying he makes as much as he does

4. his passport / us ID

5. my advance parole and my work authorisation card

6. my b2 visa i came over on and my i94 which is a photo copy because immigration took it when i left this year.

7. my appointment notoice for biometrics which is stamped for my biometrics which i had my ten prints done

8. my i-485 reciept

9. my i-765 receipt

10.my birth certifcate

11. my spouses birth certificate i cannot find ! but he has he passport and his drivers liscense, lawyer said it was ok

12. a photocopy of our marriage certificate (pre damaged) our orignal was damaged in our suitcases but i stuck it back together but we have photo copies and i have the original which you can still read. so copy and original

13. then i have my husbands insurance plan which shows me going to the doctor statements and explanation of benefits i am fully covered under his plan

14 our joint account at bank of america with statements, which shows us using the card in australia buying souveniers too

15. 3 months of highlighted phonecalls from verizon stating when i called him and he called me

16. my american express card under my husbands name and my citibank and bankofamer credit card.

17. my washington mutual checking account

18. next i have a photocopies of our itinerary from australia our tickets reciepts and payments

19. summary of federal form w2 statements which have mine and his name on it

20. an album ..

first is family dinner is australia ... with my family and sisters and aunties and him

celebration drinks of our marriage in australia with my friends and sister

then its our honeymoon in miami

then photos of our god child

then photos of my mother and me in NY when we came for the first time and i met my husband

then photos of my sister who came to visit me a month ago

him and me and his friends all about 50 photos

the only thing is ...

thing is i have no photos of his parents as they are in greece for 6 months of the year and no photos of the wedding as we are both religious and plan to have the wedding next year as im trying to find a job at the moment to fund this ... although we did go for a mini honeymoon which i have photos of thats the only thing that is really worrying me

ok can anyone add anything else .. im going crazy

and should i go make copies of all the original documents tonight

omg thanks all for your help .. and ill fill out my time line too im amazed at how fast this all went sooo please guys any advice you have for me

we have no huge age difference he is 26 and im 24 i met him here on a B2 visa whilst holidaying with my mother, we got married in 2 months because we fell in love and we clicked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do you have mails/letters/postcards/junk-mails which sent to you and him or to both of you? Showing you two are living together at the same address (more evidence)

Where is your husband's 2005 Tax Return?

Where is your I-693 Suppliment? (I am not sure you need this, since you were on B-1 Visa, someone can verify this please!!!

Where is his Paystubs?

You have absolutely no photos of you and his parents???? You don't need one with you and him and his parents, just any picture showing you with his mom/dad or both of them.

Few things I find troublesome: (trying to play the devil advocate, don't shoot me :) )

I don't know why the lawyer says "Passport and ID is good enough if you don't have BC". BC should be easy enough to obtain from your husband's birthplace courthouse, Vital Record office where they keep track of all marriage records/dead/birth. You will need to explain this at the interview if they ask. Maybe delaying your approval.

They may ask why didn't you two have a wedding already? What religious reason would stop ones from having a wedding?

Why don't you have any photos of you and his parents? Are you not living with him or don't know his parents? They could pick on you for this...

Otherwise, your package looks ok!!! Good luck!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Do you have mails/letters/postcards/junk-mails which sent to you and him or to both of you? Showing you two are living together at the same address (more evidence)

Where is your husband's 2005 Tax Return?

Where is your I-693 Suppliment? (I am not sure you need this, since you were on B-1 Visa, someone can verify this please!!!

Where is his Paystubs?

You have absolutely no photos of you and his parents???? You don't need one with you and him and his parents, just any picture showing you with his mom/dad or both of them.

Few things I find troublesome: (trying to play the devil advocate, don't shoot me :) )

I don't know why the lawyer says "Passport and ID is good enough if you don't have BC". BC should be easy enough to obtain from your husband's birthplace courthouse, Vital Record office where they keep track of all marriage records/dead/birth. You will need to explain this at the interview if they ask. Maybe delaying your approval.

They may ask why didn't you two have a wedding already? What religious reason would stop ones from having a wedding?

Why don't you have any photos of you and his parents? Are you not living with him or don't know his parents? They could pick on you for this...

Otherwise, your package looks ok!!! Good luck!

i have the tax return with me and him both on it .2005 one. everything has our address on it where we both live so we dont need proof that we live at the same address.

ill double check for the birth certificate ... we must have it or else how did we apply for AOS ???

we didnt have enough money to get married in a huge wedding in the greek orthodox tradition to be married by the church means that you are married because they dont recognise you by the church and dont baptise your kids and funerals etc so we have to get married in agreek church.....so basically to married and greek you have to be married by the church or your not married at all

his parents have been in greece for six months and werent here for alot of the events .. they are very old and dont leave the house .. i know thats not an excuse but they arent very socialable .. i dont know what im going to do ..

i live in the same house with him and his parents i have been living here for 10 months ... and no photos i know its bad ...

now im really panicing .. advicee ....pleaase

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok just to add a spin on things :) we took TONS of photos the young lady never asked for ONE.... it may depend who you get... I couldnt believe she never wanted to see them.... all u have to keep in mind, once u have the things from the 'checklist" make sure you have things that have BOTH names on... be prepared for ANYTHING ya just never know. I have read so many different stories here it amazes me. I wish you the best of luck.

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.