nimche

I-864 for both parents at once?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all VJers. I am not sure how this is working as its little confusing. I am bringing both of parents at once and their I-130 got approved and they are in NVC. The DS-3032 have been out and when I tried to pay for my Dad AOS, my Moms got the pending and apparently when I pay once, its good for both of them since they are both in NVC stage.

Now I want to send the packages and I can include my mom's name in dad's application for AOS but I need to mail the cover sheet and all it says is my dad's name.

How should I approach this?

Thank you :devil:

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

these are 2 seperate casefiles.

you get some blending, IIRC, when all is 'together' - but mostly that only means you are not paying 70 bucks twice on the AOS fee.

IMO -

APPROACH IT AS TWO SEPERATE CASEFILES - ie -

make 2 seperate I-864s - delineated by the NVC casefile # .

seperate them somehow, but put together IN the same mailing pack.

in the cover letter outside of these 2 packs - reference BOTH CASEFILES by the NVC casefile number.

make seperate cover letter for each casefile, go along with each I-864.

I know, it sounds like overkill, and redundant, but if these get seperated somehow at NVC, they will make it back, together, on final NVC review. IMO, done this way, you avoid an RFE.

same thing, coming up, for the DS-230..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

these are 2 seperate casefiles.

you get some blending, IIRC, when all is 'together' - but mostly that only means you are not paying 70 bucks twice on the AOS fee.

IMO -

APPROACH IT AS TWO SEPERATE CASEFILES - ie -

make 2 seperate I-864s - delineated by the NVC casefile # .

seperate them somehow, but put together IN the same mailing pack.

in the cover letter outside of these 2 packs - reference BOTH CASEFILES by the NVC casefile number.

make seperate cover letter for each casefile, go along with each I-864.

I know, it sounds like overkill, and redundant, but if these get seperated somehow at NVC, they will make it back, together, on final NVC review. IMO, done this way, you avoid an RFE.

same thing, coming up, for the DS-230..

I totally get it. I have been dealing with Immigration for a long long time and I know how they work but the main concern is that I can't pay for my mom's AOS since they don't allow me. It says that since I have paid for one of them it will be good for both but even when I am in my Mom's account in NVC to get coversheet of the AOS package, my dad's name shows up and should I send her AOS with my dad' name?

Second thing, if I am seperating them out in two different apps, should I not include their name in the spouses applictioin? I mean that should I include my mom's name in my dad;s AOS as someone internding to immigrate at the same time.?

Thank you

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

This is kind of crazy, why would they make it so complicated. I guess its immigration.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
This is kind of crazy, why would they make it so complicated. I guess its immigration.

No No No - it's not immigration.

IMO - it's a plot by aliens, designed to wear you down, burn off all of your functional brain tissue.

(teasing)

Seriously, good luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.