debby1

United States female/ Philippines male

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've read through all the posts and didn't find this question yet, sorry if it's been asked and answered already, but I have a boyfriend whose Filipino, and if we get engaged I wondered if he will still be required to attend the CFO seminar? It seems to be geered for Filipina's, although I'm sure its good information for both male and female, I wonder how comfortable both sexes would be given the nature of the seminar. Or is there a CFO seminar for males only?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

best friends and soul mates no matter what

Timeline

I believe he still needs to attend. I read it somewhere that the CFO seminar is a requirement for ALL fiance(e)s/spouses of foreign nationals by the Dept of Foreign Affairs in the Philippines.

Goodluck!

And check this link also:

http://www.geocities.com/aleiana/k1/cfo.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, he is required. i also inquired about this and sent an email to the CFO last year to asked if it is necessary if the US Citizen spouse or fiance is of Filipino-descent and born & raised in the Philippines...they still said yes. they said that we are still somewhat culturally different and the Philippine citizen will have to adjust living in another country. it will cost around 650 pesos total and will take a little more than half a day.

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

I believe he still needs to attend. I read it somewhere that the CFO seminar is a requirement for ALL fiance(e)s/spouses of foreign nationals by the Dept of Foreign Affairs in the Philippines.

Goodluck!

And check this link also:

http://www.geocities.com/aleiana/k1/cfo.html

:yes: that's correct.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Timeline

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/counseling.htm

Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports.

The objective of this program is to help Filipino fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals make informed decisions regarding their marriage to foreign nationals and to prepare them for their adjustments in cross-cultural marriages.

Timeline
I've read through all the posts and didn't find this question yet, sorry if it's been asked and answered already, but I have a boyfriend whose Filipino, and if we get engaged I wondered if he will still be required to attend the CFO seminar? It seems to be geered for Filipina's, although I'm sure its good information for both male and female, I wonder how comfortable both sexes would be given the nature of the seminar. Or is there a CFO seminar for males only?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

CFO is for any Philippine national leaving the country to live or work.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.