Blitz

Consular Report of Birth Abroad Help!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ChrisNmanda - you needed to have paternity tests? Oh goodness, we certainly don't have that, but isn't his name on the birth cert/reg of live birth enough?

And what if my husband has lived in Canada for 10 years up until last year? We can provide his high school and college transcripts, to show that he was indeed domicile, but we don't have W2s.

Also, you have to provide proof of evidence of financial support for the CRBA? I didn't think that was necessary.

Yikes.

Thank you so much! I will go read your message now.

If you guys are married the paternity test isnt necessary. Me and Amanda waited to get married for the fiance visa so they required proof that he was mine. If your married you will need to bring your marriage license. As far as your situation with domicile i would just show what you have in the states. I also didnt think financial support would be an issue but i had 7 years worth of w2's, I have only been out of college for 5 years, and the officer actually questioned and gave me a hard time because 6 years ago my gross income was only 15k for the year. I was completely shocked about that but they did want evidence of support. Keep in mind this was our experience, from reading threads on this site, it doesnt seem that there are too many set things to bring, it all depends on the officer you get. thats why you have to bring EVERYTHING. Good luck with everything and congrats on your new baby boy.

Our current timeline:

Met online Oct 2004

Met in person June 2006

Engaged Oct 2007

Son born Leap day 2008

Birth Abroad applied for in Toronto, ON Sept 9th 2009

Birth Abroad Certificate received Sept 24th 2009

I-129F submitted October 21st 2009

NOA1 received October 26th 2009

NOA2 received February 2nd 2010

NVC received February 19th 2010

left NVC February 22nd 2010

consulate received February 23rd 2010 ( wow 1 day !?!? )

Packet 3 received March 4th 2010

getting packet 3 ready.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If you guys are married the paternity test isnt necessary. Me and Amanda waited to get married for the fiance visa so they required proof that he was mine. If your married you will need to bring your marriage license. As far as your situation with domicile i would just show what you have in the states. I also didnt think financial support would be an issue but i had 7 years worth of w2's, I have only been out of college for 5 years, and the officer actually questioned and gave me a hard time because 6 years ago my gross income was only 15k for the year. I was completely shocked about that but they did want evidence of support. Keep in mind this was our experience, from reading threads on this site, it doesnt seem that there are too many set things to bring, it all depends on the officer you get. thats why you have to bring EVERYTHING. Good luck with everything and congrats on your new baby boy.

Thank you. We'll be totally screwed if they ask for proof of support because my husband has been a student the past year, and as a result we needed a co-sponsor for my immigrant VISA (which was approved at the NVC stage, at least). Ugh. I can't believe how complicated everything has to be....and the rules seem to change on a whim!

Oh! One other question, but did you provide your Canadian Immigration Record, which shows your original date of entry into Canada? I see that's #9 on the list of what they require, and I hope a copy of my husband's work permit will be sufficient.

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm freaking out! I haven't been on here in awhile b/c I had my 2nd baby 3 weeks ago (a boy!) and my husband is currently in the US with our daughter. My interview in Montreal is March 18. We don't have the kids' consular report of birth abroad (CRBA) certificates yet, and we were planning to get those after my interview. I had read on here that I didn't need to have my children's CRBA to show in order to get my immigrant VISA, but now I read a thread that made it sound like I do!??!??! But I don't know if it's even possible to get it done before March 18! Help!

Blitz-Congrats on your baby boy (lol..so I did get the gender right..btw..feel free to update the Canada baby thread to0)....

And may you enjoy the happiness that your new bundle of joy brings to you and yorur family. :thumbs::star:

Good luck for your interview coming up and good luck with your CRBA too...

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you. We'll be totally screwed if they ask for proof of support because my husband has been a student the past year, and as a result we needed a co-sponsor for my immigrant VISA (which was approved at the NVC stage, at least). Ugh. I can't believe how complicated everything has to be....and the rules seem to change on a whim!

Oh! One other question, but did you provide your Canadian Immigration Record, which shows your original date of entry into Canada? I see that's #9 on the list of what they require, and I hope a copy of my husband's work permit will be sufficient.

not quiet sure i understand what you mean on the Canadian Immigration record. I dont recall having to have any thing like that. However i do have all the receipts from every boarder crossings since Amanda and I decided she would be immigrating here. I brought them, but they just thumbed through them and didnt make copies.

Our current timeline:

Met online Oct 2004

Met in person June 2006

Engaged Oct 2007

Son born Leap day 2008

Birth Abroad applied for in Toronto, ON Sept 9th 2009

Birth Abroad Certificate received Sept 24th 2009

I-129F submitted October 21st 2009

NOA1 received October 26th 2009

NOA2 received February 2nd 2010

NVC received February 19th 2010

left NVC February 22nd 2010

consulate received February 23rd 2010 ( wow 1 day !?!? )

Packet 3 received March 4th 2010

getting packet 3 ready.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.