I AM NOT THAT GUY

Obama is on track to become the biggest-spending president since 1930

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Close any tax loopholes for corporations and the mega rich
The second must to is the implementation of a federal GST/VAT. Which the billions roll in that are currently lost in the gray / black market.

Both good ideas.

I especially like the idea of a federal GST/VAT as a way of extracting cash from tourists and illegal aliens.

Also because it's not progressive - everyone pays the same percentage.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both good ideas.

I especially like the idea of a federal GST/VAT as a way of extracting cash from tourists and illegal aliens.

Also because it's not progressive - everyone pays the same percentage.

I know for myself, I buy a lot of stuff from other states and pay zero tax. Think of the billions transacted each month that goes untaxed.

A simple 5% federal GST/VAT on everything, which is nothing, would close a massive loophole. We don't manufacture anything here anyway, plus things are cheap as, so any rhetoric that it will kill sales or any other industry is baseless. Best thing Aus did was implement the GST.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Guess who is against raising taxes to pay for that, who refuses to consolidate counties to capitalize on economies of scale, and prefers duplicated bureaucracy in every single city and country? This is something know as inefficiency in the private sector you cherish so much. Have you ever heard of a company having a separate, from the ground up, operations in every single county / city? Why do you think this would be ridiculous?

No one is talking about consolidating countries. You'll have a hard time dismantling Federalism as it existed before the Consitution as the roots go back to when we had the 13 colonies.

Lagged but rapidly catching up. Anyways, I'd say 90% of the country is basically third world status, when compared to various other modern first world countries.

That's your opinion but it was no relation to reality. 90%! Most of the other wealthier nations per capita GDP have small populations and all of them combined wouldn't be close to the U.S. population.

Guess again, the oil companies and automobile manufactures purchased light rail systems and ripped them out of the ground. That is not a conspiracy but a well know fact. You must seriously think the professionals folks worldwide using public transport are stupid, yet idiots in their truuuucks are the smart ones.

Conspiracies need a little proof and you don't have a shred of evidence. You saw the movie about GM or Ford plotted to destroy the trolleys and bus lines, right? Didn't happen that way as commutting patterns extended beyond the bus lines and most Americans wanted a car and still do. If you haven't figured that one out yet, you've missed out on how over 90% of Americans get to work. Didn't say people using public transport were idiots- you did. I know lot more about transportation and land use than you do- I'm a transportation planner.

Hence the problem. Just in case many have not noticed, the US is no longer a farming country, where mom and pops run stores. The economy is now propelled by highly skilled knowledge based industries, which tend to be centered around major cities and along coast lines; for ease of export. The Tobacco cotton days are gone, Google and co are now the billion dollar sheriff in town. In state that does not shift their focus and modernize towards such industries, like it or not, will meet the fate of Detroit.

The U.S. hasn't a majority of the population in farming since 1920 but I doubt you knew that. Highly skilled jobs can be based nearly anywhere on the planet but you need cities for these professionals to interact. The coast line for exports isn't entirely correct. Illinois, Ohio, and Michigan aren't on the coasts.

U.S. Exports by State

(US $, NAICS Database)

Rank Description ANNUAL 2008 ANNUAL 2009 %2008- 09

Total all States 1,300,135,649,517 1,056,931,975,877 -18.71

1 Texas 192,143,622,940 163,046,235,100 -15.14

2 California 144,813,262,592 120,142,219,999 -17.04

3 New York 79,596,240,386 57,320,623,000 -27.99

4 Washington 66,884,598,480 51,739,397,146 -22.64

5 Florida 54,271,960,951 46,919,556,478 -13.55

6 Illinois 53,444,521,690 41,513,559,039 -22.32

7 Ohio 45,487,881,861 34,083,697,044 -25.07

8 Louisiana 41,926,763,308 32,714,796,637 -21.97

9 Michigan 44,871,354,173 32,553,939,379 -27.45

10 Pennsylvania 34,448,470,930 28,253,145,576 -17.98

http://wtcno.org/tradestats/staterankings.htm

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

You have no proof of that.

Perhaps the government was the one who greedily handed out loans, like they were going out of fashion, to people who simply could not afford them.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Timeline

The robber barons of the 19th century gave capitalism a bad name, and we spent the entire 20th century destroying the free market. Now, the only place you find true capitalists is in small business world, And, as government clamps down on them as well, there goes the engine that creates real jobs in this, or any county.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A simple 5% federal GST/VAT on everything, which is nothing, would close a massive loophole.

Indeed. 14 trillion dollar economy, 70 percent consumer, 5 percent VAT equals ... 500 billion dollars per year. Not too shabby.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I was about to say dude, don't pull a Matt on me.. :lol:

The free-market would take care of it, BY. The free market cannot generate inflation--which is overwhelmingly more devasting on the poor than the rich.

Of course, anyone who has taken a community college Economics course would know this. :lol::lol:

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: Timeline
Perhaps the government was the one who greedily handed out loans, like they were going out of fashion, to people who simply could not afford them.

You finally figured that out? Thank A.C.O.R.N. and Jess Jackson for that!

Where'd the money come from, BY? The Federal Reserve, of course. AFAIK, that's the only place in the USA that can legally create money. Of course, you're welcome to prove that wrong...

As a side observation:

Greedily handing out loans? LOL! That's an oxymoron, if I've ever seen one!

21FUNNY.gif

That's your opinion but it was no relation to reality. 90%! Most of the other wealthier nations per capita GDP have small populations and all of them combined wouldn't be close to the U.S. population.

The infrastructure in the US is embarrassing and dilapidated, to debate that is laughable. Even the use of google streeview illustrates that.

Conspiracies need a little proof and you don't have a shred of evidence. You saw the movie about GM or Ford plotted to destroy the trolleys and bus lines, right? Didn't happen that way as commutting patterns extended beyond the bus lines and most Americans wanted a car and still do. If you haven't figured that one out yet, you've missed out on how over 90% of Americans get to work. Didn't say people using public transport were idiots- you did. I know lot more about transportation and land use than you do- I'm a transportation planner.

Maybe I am wrong regarding this. Nonetheless, it was idiotic and short-sided to rip them out of the ground.

You might want to click on the picture in my signature. After all, there is a reason the first US comes in ranked 47. If you look towards countries that are not as old as the US, or in a modernization trend, people are centered around metropolitan areas. The opposite seems to be happening here, with most outside a few major cities, living in the suburbs or even exurbs. The $4 gas prices illustrated just how stupid and inefficient this expansion was and is.

Edited by Booyah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The big difference was that the U.S. was the largest creditor nation in world during the Great Depression and people weren't up their necks in debt. Some government spending would make sense if invested in something worthwhile but there is little evidence of that for the money spent.

But people back then were up their necks in debt. Debtness, money contraction and deflation lead to the Great Depression.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

The robber barons of the 19th century gave capitalism a bad name

Don't buy into that "robber baron" #######, Bill.

J. Rockefeller of Standard Oil drastically slashed the price of oil during his domination of the US-petrol industry.

Rockefeller merely outperformed his opponents during his time. His inefficient opponents labeled him as a "robber baron." But he just ran a more efficient business...

21FUNNY.gif

Google derivatives. And you have no proof it is otherwise...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS