JmGuil

Where to get my visa interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everybody, I am new to this but not new to the immigration process. what can I do. I am an Haitian citizen recently moved to Dominican Republic due to the earthquake. My Husband and I are now in the NVC process. I have several questions. can I somehow get my interview here in DR and do all the medical exam here since everything is pretty much destroyed where i was and I am scared to miss the interview letter? Do I need a police report for DR too, NVC web said no but our lawyer think we need too.

Also, we knew that we are supposed to file the waiver because I overstayed my visa ,and I heard that it usually takes about 6 months to get a decision but I was wondering if you guys heard anything about it being less than that? I am here in DR alone basically and trust me it is not fun. It is going to destroy me getting deny at the visa interview but I know this usually happends like this unless you are from Mexico. I am really not loking forward to stay here for 6 months but again it is better than Haiti right now. Please help :( Anything at all will be useful

Thanks Guys. I need a little support right now :star::star:

Edited by JmGuil

Hi everybody, I am new to this but not new to the immigration process. what can I do. I am an Haitian citizen recently moved to Dominican Republic due to the earthquake. My Husband and I are now in the NVC process. I have several questions. can I somehow get my interview here in DR and do all the medical exam here since everything is pretty much destroyed where i was and I am scared to miss the interview letter? Do I need a police report for DR too, NVC web said no but our lawyer think we need too.

Also, we knew that we are supposed to file the waiver because I overstayed my visa ,and I heard that it usually takes about 6 months to get a decision but I was wondering if you guys heard anything about it being less than that? I am here in DR alone basically and trust me it is not fun. It is going to destroy me getting deny at the visa interview but I know this usually happends like this unless you are from Mexico. I am really not loking forward to stay here for 6 months but again it is better than Haiti right now. Please help :( Anything at all will be useful

Thanks Guys. I need a little support right now :star::star:

Have you contacted the US Consulate in both Haiti and the DR? If not get that done ASAP. I am not sure about the waiver but I would assume you will able to file that at the time of your interview.

And I have no idea what the sentence referencing Mexico means.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did contat both embassies. The US embassy in the Dominican Republic was not able to help because I am in DR on a visa. They said I have to be a resident in DR in order for me to have the interview there.And Haitian's embassy said that they can't realy help until NVC sent them my case.

As of right now my case has been completed at the NVC but I'm still waiting on interview date. The interview will happen in Haiti.

They said they're is a program called 'Pilot program" I believe but I may be wrong. It is just for Mexico. They file a waiver the same day of the interview and the applicant get an approval or denial the same day too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.