Pauley

HOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

424 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am freaking stoked that we won!!! Freaking AWESOME!!

Go CANADA!!!!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOO CANADA!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Canadians applied constant pressure, they smothered Russia and pounded them along the boards and in the corners.

It's always the same with most European hockey players when they play Canada. They are always looking over their shoulder waiting for that big hit and slow down when going into the corner on a race for the puck.

The Russians didn't play bad they were simply outplayed in every aspect of the game.

Wyatt's Torch Posted Today, 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Allie @ Feb 24 2010, 07:40 PM)

No doubts on who the best team is now.

Sweden still hasn't lost a game, nor has the U.S....

I DO think Canada is the favorite now though...but if Sweden beats Slovakia tonight, we've got a tough game ahead of us on Friday.

Having an undefeated record doesn't mean anything when it comes to one game, it only serves as placement and looks good in the standings.

I've been in several tournaments where we held an undefeated record and in the end came away being the brides maid.

If the Canadians are as intense and hit like they did tonite Sweden will be out too. There is no way from watching all these teams Canada and Russia are a few steps above the US and Sweden. Sweden does have a great team but just not as great a team as the Russians or Canada.

You gave the Russians a 60 - 40 odds Wyatt so I'm hoping your concern on the US and Sweden is as accurate as that prediction. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

All kidding aside my biggest concern is usually after a big win like this a team can easily become deflated (been there had it happen) I don't know what causes this but after an intense win sometimes for the next game a team comes out flat with no hype.

Woo hoo! Slovakia just upset Sweden 4-3!

As I've been saying since before the the Olympics even started, I thought Slovakia would have a good chance at getting a medal in hockey this year, and I'm so happy that I'm right...not only because I'm right, but because now that sets up a Canada vs. Slovakia game on Friday, which is probably a better matchup so far as Canada is concerned, based on the styles both teams play. I think Canada will have a decided advantage in that one, but Slovakia is a true underdog, having beaten Russia and now Sweden. Should be very interesting!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Cool!! I'm off then, can chill and watch the game!! being the superstitious person that I can be at times--I went out and bought MOLSON XXX beer tonight before work! When I had molson in my fridge, Team Canada won! Prior to the USA game, the store was out of Molsson, so I just bought Miller lite---they lost! So I made sure I stopped and picked up Molsons before work!! So I shal have molsons for the gals game tomorrow and for Friday!! back to work!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont follow hockey except that my hubby loves the Caps so we've watched several games in DC and I know enough to follow the game last night.

All I can say is, that was a brutal game. I think Russia played well -- they certainly werent slacking (although I think at the end of the third period, you can tell most of the players were tired), but the Canadians were just soo focused. And finally, they played like a team! :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I didn't watch the game, but I was kind of hoping Russia would have won so that we could have a good US-Russia showdown. Oh well maybe Canada might get a Bronze or maybe even a Silver medal in hockey this year. Have they ever gotten a medal before in the Winter Olympics Hockey?

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The Canadians applied constant pressure, they smothered Russia and pounded them along the boards and in the corners.

It's always the same with most European hockey players when they play Canada. They are always looking over their shoulder waiting for that big hit and slow down when going into the corner on a race for the puck.

The Russians didn't play bad they were simply outplayed in every aspect of the game.

Translation..... Team Canada channelled their 'Inner Probert' :lol:

Well I didn't watch the game, but I was kind of hoping Russia would have won so that we could have a good US-Russia showdown. Oh well maybe Canada might get a Bronze or maybe even a Silver medal in hockey this year. Have they ever gotten a medal before in the Winter Olympics Hockey?

Yeah...gold in 2002, silver in 1992 and 1994, and then a bunch between the '20's and '60's.

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you really just ask this question?? :huh:

Donne moi une poptart!

That game was absolutely brutal, Russia played like a bunch of individuals instead of a team. I really think they would've lost to any one of the teams that played last night, including the Czech Republic of Sweden. Canada did play very well but it was definitely more Russia losing than Canada winning in my opinion.

It all comes down to goaltending in these tournaments and Nabokov showed yet again that he simply can't stop a beachball when the stakes are raised. San Jose management really has to be sweating now thinking that he's going to be coming back with such a sub par performance on the biggest stage.

Canada most definitely is the favorite now but I've been really surprised how well Demitra and ol' Havvy in net have been playing. Yesterday was supposed to be my Super Bowl and I was so excited to see some great hockey and instead I had to watch a varsity team beat down a middle school team Lol

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

That game was absolutely brutal, Russia played like a bunch of individuals instead of a team. I really think they would've lost to any one of the teams that played last night, including the Czech Republic of Sweden. Canada did play very well but it was definitely more Russia losing than Canada winning in my opinion.

Yeah, I completely agree. I've noticed people saying that Russia played their best but that we were better...but I totally agree that, for whatever reason, they didn't bring their A-game last night. They were just shell-shocked after the initial offensive blitzes and just couldn't get it together after that. The coach really deserves some major criticism for not pulling Nabokov earlier than he did. Not saying the loss was Nabby's FAULT, per se (okay, it kinda was), but if he was pulled after the third goal...or even in the first intermission, I think it would have been a much different game in the second and third. Canada would have probably still won, but it would have been more of a nail-biter. Just my opinion.

Canada most definitely is the favorite now but I've been really surprised how well Demitra and ol' Havvy in net have been playing. Yesterday was supposed to be my Super Bowl and I was so excited to see some great hockey and instead I had to watch a varsity team beat down a middle school team Lol

Yeah, I'm really happy for Slovakia. This is their best Olympic showing yet...and they deserve it. They've been giving up WAY too many shots, and other than Chara, their defense is very spotty...but they've got great chemistry, a strong system and the will to get it done. I think Canada will win the game, but only by a score of 4-2 or something like that. Not a rout.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Did you really just ask this question?? :huh:

Yeah thought I heard they never placed in the top 3, but that might have been more recent olympics then or just last one. I don't know. The only ones I ever remember is the CCCP vs. US. Like I say, I don't follow hockey at all and really never was much into the winter olympics either until this year with the snowboarding events...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah thought I heard they never placed in the top 3, but that might have been more recent olympics then or just last one. I don't know. The only ones I ever remember is the CCCP vs. US. Like I say, I don't follow hockey at all and really never was much into the winter olympics either until this year with the snowboarding events...

They didn't place in Torino but they've won Olympic Gold 7 times I believe. Between the 70's and 80's they had a dry spell but besides that they've almost always placed.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Cool!! I'm off then, can chill and watch the game!! being the superstitious person that I can be at times--I went out and bought MOLSON XXX beer tonight before work! When I had molson in my fridge, Team Canada won! Prior to the USA game, the store was out of Molsson, so I just bought Miller lite---they lost! So I made sure I stopped and picked up Molsons before work!! So I shal have molsons for the gals game tomorrow and for Friday!! back to work!!

You hockey fans are so superstitious! I remember during one of my pre-marriage days, the Canucks scored both times I was in the bathroom, so my ex-boyfriend told me to stay put in the bathroom and don't come out for the rest of the game. :lol:

Edited by Revenesque

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.