daphne2109

internationa Birth certificate of the beneficiary

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everybody,

in exactly 2 months I'll be marrying the man of my life in US, I just got my K1 Visa and I wanted to make sure ,before leaving my country, to have the docs I need afterward once we are married for the AOS process. In my hands I have my birth certificate in original (the photocopy was kept when I got the interview for the K1 Visa request), I know that when I'm in USA they need all the docs in english

language, so that means that the birth certificate in my own language must be translated in english, the point is that, the one I have in my hands is the "international" version of the B/C, that means that it is translated also in english, german, french and some other languages.

Did any beneficiary from Europe have the same Birth certificate same version(international) and it was accepted once it was presented for the AOS process, or anyway it must presented the birth certificate in standard way (in the beneficiary language, for me is in italian language) and then be translated into english?

Can anybody help me for this matter? And if I have to translate the standard one (not the international version) do you think it would be better to make the translation into english already from my country? Probably in USA it would cost more, I guess.

Thanks to anybody who can help me in this matter.......I'm really confused because i dont know what to do, sorry if it sounds a silly question, but I wanna make sure about it before leaving my country, otherwise it would be more difficult to get the requested docs when I'm in USA.

Thanks again!!!!!

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi everybody,

in exactly 2 months I'll be marrying the man of my life in US, I just got my K1 Visa and I wanted to make sure ,before leaving my country, to have the docs I need afterward once we are married for the AOS process. In my hands I have my birth certificate in original (the photocopy was kept when I got the interview for the K1 Visa request), I know that when I'm in USA they need all the docs in english

language, so that means that the birth certificate in my own language must be translated in english, the point is that, the one I have in my hands is the "international" version of the B/C, that means that it is translated also in english, german, french and some other languages.

Did any beneficiary from Europe have the same Birth certificate same version(international) and it was accepted once it was presented for the AOS process, or anyway it must presented the birth certificate in standard way (in the beneficiary language, for me is in italian language) and then be translated into english?

Can anybody help me for this matter? And if I have to translate the standard one (not the international version) do you think it would be better to make the translation into english already from my country? Probably in USA it would cost more, I guess.

Thanks to anybody who can help me in this matter.......I'm really confused because i dont know what to do, sorry if it sounds a silly question, but I wanna make sure about it before leaving my country, otherwise it would be more difficult to get the requested docs when I'm in USA.

Thanks again!!!!!

Hey!! I have never heard of this international birth certificate! What I would do if I were you is just call USCIS because only they can give you a direct answer. In my opinion since it is translated into english it should be accepted as long as it is an original but I am not sure.. If you still don't feel confident about it or they tell you it won't be accepted, if you still have time to you should try and get an original of just the Italian version. I am not sure how possible or expensive this is. Also, if you do have to translate it into english it does not have to be notarized, it can simply be certified and translated by yourself! Good Luck with this!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Thanks again!!!!!

Hey!! I have never heard of this international birth certificate! What I would do if I were you is just call USCIS because only they can give you a direct answer. In my opinion since it is translated into english it should be accepted as long as it is an original but I am not sure.. If you still don't feel confident about it or they tell you it won't be accepted, if you still have time to you should try and get an original of just the Italian version. I am not sure how possible or expensive this is. Also, if you do have to translate it into english it does not have to be notarized, it can simply be certified and translated by yourself! Good Luck with this!

Diana

Thanks Diana for yr suggestion, I dont know exactly what to do, I know that here in ITaly the translation

made by professionals costs Euro 80,00 by page, since you are from Germany what did u do?

Did u translate your Birth certificate into english, or they just accepted it like that?

Thanks again for yr suggestion.

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.