Teacher Mark

Vung Tau

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If you want a cheap getaway from Saigon I would suggest taking a hydrofoil (boat) down to Vung Tau. The tickets are only about 260K VND R/T. If any of you do decide to go get the return ticket in Saigon, otherwise you'll go to buy it in Vung Tau and they'll tell you they're sold out. Then you would probably be approached by someone offering to sell you the ticket for double the price. It's a scam the ticket agents are in on.

02112010(008_5).jpg

Vung%20Tao(016_5).jpg

Vung%20Tao(019_5).jpg

Vung%20Tao(022_2).jpg

Vung%20Tao(027_5).jpg

Edited by Mr. Saigon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In so miss my home here , my Vungtau ...hic. ticket boat is 160k / way.you got great trip Mark ?

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would ask if you got to go to the dog races but they are only on Saturday nights.. that is a blast! I took video running down the river out that side area.... what a rush except for having to stop to get the plants out of the intakes and then start up again...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
In so miss my home here , my Vungtau ...hic. ticket boat is 160k / way.you got great trip Mark ?

Yes, we had a great time. I'm sure you do miss home. There's no place in Michigan like that, but at least you're near Lake Michigan!

Yes, i dont get vungtau sight but i have snow ...hihi. i like snow than. Vungtau dont have snow, just joking.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Timeline
I would ask if you got to go to the dog races but they are only on Saturday nights.. that is a blast! I took video running down the river out that side area.... what a rush except for having to stop to get the plants out of the intakes and then start up again...

I didn't make it there, but maybe someday. Hopefully in a few years I can get a job teaching down there. I could change my user name to Mr. Vung Tau then!

Timeline

Another professor that teaches with me went to do a Saigon lecture and they said no... We go to Vung Tau for class today.... they all loaded into the hydro and went down... two hours of lecture and the class leader announced that they must finish for the day as they had so much to do at the beach... I didn't get that lucky with my classes...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey,

I just came back from my first trip to VN. Thu's family took me to Vung Tau for a few days. It was so amazing! :dance:

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

Wondered where you've been... did you get to see the dogs race? the crowd goes nutz from beginning to end...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Scott,

No we did not get a chance to see the dog races. I really wanted to see those hahaha.

We spent most of our time at the beach. We stayed at a hotel right across the street from the beach. I am a pretty good swimmer but wow those waves are pretty nasty at times! The life guard had to blow his whistle a couple of times to warn me not to go too far lol. The beaches were very quiet which was surprising since we were there just a few days before Tet. I'll try to post some pics later. My computer is being very stupid at the moment :angry:

Just an FYI, we plan to finally file our K1 paperwork in August this year right after we have our Dinh Hon in Tay Ninh. You and others are welcome to join if you like. Let me know if you may be interested :)

I will post questions about the I-129F paperwork in the next month or so. I hope its not too soon for that though. lol.

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

too soon to prepare? no way...

My son kept getting swept down the beach and we kept having to walk a ways down to get him and bring him back... we were right accross the street at the Cap St Jacques Hotel. There was a fisherman there with one of those hige basket like boats, cleaning the nets with crabs and anything else that got caught up in it... I think thuy has all of those pics...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hey,

I just came back from my first trip to VN. Thu's family took me to Vung Tau for a few days. It was so amazing! :dance:

<CARRICK>

Great news. Glad you had fun! Look forward to seeing you stress over the K1. :whistle::D:P

Vung Tau is fun. Linh just got back from VN today after 5 weeks. She's sacked out on the couch right now. hahaha

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.