Hazel Melendez

Hello. new member and need help!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone:

I am an American and I am going to Morocco to marry my Moroccan boyfriend this year. Can anyone tell me how much it will cost for the following things:

1 - To obtain a medical certificate of good health from a doctor in Morocco.

2 - To have all documents translated to Arabic.

3 - To have all documents certify by the Government of Morocco.

Any information that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hazel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hello everyone:

I am an American and I am going to Morocco to marry my Moroccan boyfriend this year. Can anyone tell me how much it will cost for the following things:

Thank you

Hazel

Not going to be much help because

1-I got the medical for free from my aunt

2-I got 1/2 off of the translation but still paid 500 DH I think

3-The certification I got from the US embassy was 600 DH I think

Look at this website:

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

There are other threads where this has been discussed...good luck and congrats!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I cant remember the fees off hand... but you have to get the documents translated by someone who is approved by the consulate.

I do recall however, that the medical was 1300dh and visa was $130 which I had heard it has gone up to about $350 I believe. Hope that was of some help... :wacko:

Filed: Timeline
Not going to be much help because

1-I got the medical for free from my aunt

2-I got 1/2 off of the translation but still paid 500 DH I think

3-The certification I got from the US embassy was 600 DH I think

Look at this website:

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

There are other threads where this has been discussed...good luck and congrats!

Thank you!

Hello everyone:

Thank you

Hazel

Congrats on your engagement. I live in Morocco and the cost of medical can range from $200Dh ( w/o lab work) to $1700 Dh with lab work. To have documents translated cost $200 Dh for each paper but you can haggle this price. I am looking at my marriage certificate and I see the 2 $20Dh stamps on it but I can not remember how much the process cost. My husband says about $2500 DH but he is NOT sure.

Good luck.

I cant remember the fees off hand... but you have to get the documents translated by someone who is approved by the consulate.

I do recall however, that the medical was 1300dh and visa was $130 which I had heard it has gone up to about $350 I believe. Hope that was of some help... :wacko:

I think the original poster was asking about getting married; nothing related to a visa at this point. Karima G's answers seem to relate to visa questions. You do not have to have a consulate approved translator to get your US documents (passport, criminal clearance, etc) needed for marriage in Morocco translated into Arabic. They are two separate and unrelated issues. I would say, get your fiance to start looking around for and comparing prices of translators where he lives.

From my own experience, Jamilah's answers about prices are accurate from what I remember.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I actually did a full work up here in the USA and took the results to Morocco with me. The doctor reviewed them and gave me the medical certificate for like 200dh.

The translations can vary... I think we spent maybe like 500dh for them.

Certifying doesn't cost very much, just like 10-15 dh each. You will need to have the statement of nationality and eligibility to marry certified at the embassy and that's like $35

Hello everyone:

Thank you

Hazel

Hi,

Congrats first of all.

I am saying this with all friendliness, but if you are planning on applying for your soon-to-be-husband for residency in the US, the fees you need to pay over there for translations, certifications, etc... are nothing compared to the fees you need to pay in the US for the USCIS process.

I hope I don't sound rude but there is a much greater journey ahead...

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Timeline
Hi,

Congrats first of all.

I am saying this with all friendliness, but if you are planning on applying for your soon-to-be-husband for residency in the US, the fees you need to pay over there for translations, certifications, etc... are nothing compared to the fees you need to pay in the US for the USCIS process.

I hope I don't sound rude but there is a much greater journey ahead...

I don't think the OP was questioning the fees for the visa process. They were simply asking about the fees to get married which is a valid question. One step at a time!

Timeline

if the family has a (family) dr there the physical may cost nothing, mine didnt and he never even checked me other than shook my hand..the translation can vary...i dont remember the other costs BUT be prepared to pay, lets say the (helpful) fees that are required to get anything done in a timely manner. Like we paid a friend a (fee) becase the line was long and he put our document inside his shirt and went in and gave it to his dad, otherwise we might have had to come back the next day...it can get expensive

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

if the family has a (family) dr there the physical may cost nothing, mine didnt and he never even checked me other than shook my hand..the translation can vary...i dont remember the other costs BUT be prepared to pay, lets say the (helpful) fees that are required to get anything done in a timely manner. Like we paid a friend a (fee) becase the line was long and he put our document inside his shirt and went in and gave it to his dad, otherwise we might have had to come back the next day...it can get expensive

Absolutely agree - the "unofficial" fees should be figured in so you and your fiance are prepared for that!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hazel,

Before you get too far in the process of marrying your fiance in Morocco, have you considered applying for a fiance visa instead? The process usually takes MUCH less time and is considerably less complicated.

My husband and I also first thought about marrying in Morocco, but thankfully found out about the fiance visa before we got married. He was here in the US about 6 months after we applied.

Good luck with your decisions.

Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hazel,

Before you get too far in the process of marrying your fiance in Morocco, have you considered applying for a fiance visa instead? The process usually takes MUCH less time and is considerably less complicated.

My husband and I also first thought about marrying in Morocco, but thankfully found out about the fiance visa before we got married. He was here in the US about 6 months after we applied.

Good luck with your decisions.

Carolyn

I disagree. You have less of a chance being denied, the waiting time is about the same ( I waited 7 months) and is less cheaper and stressful in the long run. All you have to do is make sure you can prove to the Casa embassy because everyone knows how tough they are.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.