lgg

Family Day!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Being a teacher, I have President's Day off but it worked out equally well now that I learned that I am an immediate relative of my fiance' according to form DS-160! My fiance' had Family Day off from work in Ontario and took off last week Friday to come visit me. It was so sad to see him leave today and know that will be awhile before Spring Break comes for me and I can make a trip up to Canada. Yeah for Family Day though. I got to spend part of it with my "immediate relative" and it was a nice day.

Happy family day/presidents day to all! SK has family day as well!

I just spent the holiday with my husband cleaning out our storage room.... That was FUN!

Threw out alot of junk buy also re packed alot! The room looks much neater & organized! There were times I wanted to scream at him though... Pulling out things like yearbooks and other memorabilia & spending too much time on each one..... I though this is gonna take ALL DAY at the rate this is going!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Happy Family Day to all you Canadians too! :thumbs:

(And Happy Presidents' Day to all you Americans too!)

Personally, I think family day sounds better than presidents' day though....

Would rather spend this day with my family than a bunch of dead guys....:lol:

May you enjoy this day with your family....:)

By the way....Here is a funny Family Day story....

Last year my husband and I drove from the USA to renew my Canadian Passport....

I wanted to go before...but our vehicle broke down..minutes away from the Queenston/Lewiston Bridge and I had to get a replacement vehicle

So we ventured again with our new vehicle a few days later, since it was a holiday here in the USA anyways.....

And when I reached St. Catherine's, Ontario...

I wondered: Why were the streets empty?

Then I saw a sign at a Dominion store that said.."Closed for Family Day..."

Oh.... :blink:

And thought.."What the heck is family day? I've never heard of such a day..Of all the years before that I have lived in Ontario!"

Anyways...Since I was up in the area...

I went to the Canadian Passport Office anyways...

I was totally surprised that it was opened....

And I was in and out of the office...in less than 20 minutes...

Lol..Luckily we got out in time....As the border was backed up with Canadians returning back to Canada, soon after we crossed it...

And when I got back home....I had to google what Family Day was all about..

Oh...... :blink:

No wonder I didn't know what it was all about! It's a new holiday!

The first time they celebrated such was only a few years ago...After I had left Canada.....

Lol..Guess the Canadians wanted to compete with the Americans.....Feb 15....lol.....Just Kidding!

Lesson Learned: If you have nothing better to do on Family Day/Presidents' Day...Go renew your Canadian Passport! Quick service, guaranteed! :thumbs:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh well, I'm a federal public servant and apparently they still have to work on Family Day anyway.

Makes sense, as I believe Family Day is a provincial holiday, not a federal one.

(And Happy Presidents' Day to all you Americans too!)

Personally, I think family day sounds better than presidents' day though....

Would rather spend this day with my family than a bunch of dead guys....:lol:

"Presidents Day" is a made-up name, put in place by advertisers and, later on, a number of state governments. The official name of the federal holiday is still "Washington's Birthday," which it has been since it was first implemented in 1880. It used to always be observed on February 22, but was moved to "the third Monday in February" by the Uniform Monday Holiday Act in 1971. The holiday, therefore, can never actually occur on the 22nd anymore, but it still retains the original name.

Source: Wikipedia

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.