La Souris

Medisys Montréal

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's a review of my medical at Medisys in Montréal...

Summary: quick, easy, I didn't faint. Cost: $213. I would recommend Medisys, especially since I think it's still the least expensive place to go and I have nothing bad to say about my experience (well, the parts I didn't like had nothing to do with them).

~~~~

Appointment:

When I called I was asked about the date of my Consulate interview and the lady told me the latest date I could come and get my results for the interview was March 18th (or something like that); I told her that I was living in Montreal and that I would prefer to be done with it in February; I took an appointment for the next afternoon. She reminded to bring my passport, interview letter, pictures (3) and glasses or medication, if applicable.

Downtown, in the Loto-Québec building, 11th floor. It was windy, so I took the bus instead of walking there from my place.

After my appointment, I walked to the consulate to see how far it is, and it is a 5-minute walk, if you're from out of town and you need to pick up the result the morning of your interview it is possible since the clinic opens at 7 am.

Clinic:

1. The receptionist took my passport, letter and pictures, then gave me a questionnaire about previous/present medical conditions. Once filled, I gave it back to her and a few minutes later, the doctor called me in.

2. Doctor exam: he reviewed the questionnaire and asked me a few questions (I was sick as a kid and I seriously didn't remember if I had an operation or if it was just some tests under anaesthesia - he told me that since I was cured and all today, it didn't matter). Then, to the exam table where I had to put on the exam "shirt" (I was told to keep my socks and underwear on, but to remove my bra). He checked my ears, eyes, ganglion, throat. Then, he listened to my lungs, asking me to breathe deeply (now, that was weird, I guess I was more nervous than what I thought because I had trouble breathing deeply; my expiration was shaky... :unsure: ). Quick breast exam. Little reflex knock on the knees before I had to stand while he checked my backbone. I asked him if he thought my vaccines were up to date, and he told me the nurse would check that.

3. Back to the waiting room for a few minutes until the nurse called me in. She told me to sit on a little chair to take some blood. I told her I would prefer to lay down and not faint and crash on the floor. So I went to the bigger lazy-boy type of chair. She was nice about it and told me that we would then do the vision test first, with and without glasses. I can still see the last line without my glasses :blush:

Ok, now I had to do the blood stuff and I felt she was quickly transforming in a Vampire lady... :devil: but, it went fast as she took only a little bit. I didn't faint, all was good.

She told me that my vaccines were fine, no need for more (Last year, I asked my doctor to give me the required boosters).

4. Next stop was for the x-ray. Quick and easy. Hardest part was to remove my clothes to put the blue patient shirt again.

5. Before taking my payment, the receptionist confirmed that I had seen the doctor, the nurse and done the x-ray, no extra vaccines. $ 213.

I have to call back at the beginning of next week to make sure everything is ready before picking up the results.

:)

Edited by La Souris

Timeline

Oh last time I had a blood test I ended up fainting! Think when I have to get mine I'll ask her to lay down as well!

Do you know how much it would cost to go to the other place in montreal? I've read people got their results a little faster going to that one, although not sure if its worth it if its really expensive.

Married: 12/18/08

Sent I-130: 01/30/10

NOA1: 02/05/10

Touch: 02/09/10

NOA2: 03/24/10

Timeline
Oh last time I had a blood test I ended up fainting! Think when I have to get mine I'll ask her to lay down as well!

Do you know how much it would cost to go to the other place in montreal? I've read people got their results a little faster going to that one, although not sure if its worth it if its really expensive.

The results at Medisys are available in 3 business days I think... I didn't ask specifics because it's not important in my case.

There's a recent review of the other Montreal clinic here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238088 - the cost there is $260 and it may be faster, but I'm not sure.

Timeline

Medisys was great.. i picked up my packet a day before because i wanted to be at the interview before 700.. but you can pick up same day... they held ours for about 2 weeks because of the timing of the interview and we had to do the medical a little earlier. but it all worked out and they had no problems. and was great because hotel and everything was 10 mins away from each other we just walked everywhere.

Timeline
QUESTION AGAIN LA SOURIS. :lol:

For the passport sizes, do they want Canadian or American sizes? o_o I forgot to ask...

I brought American size because it's what I had, but I don't think they care. I'm going back to get my results tomorrow, I can ask them if you want :)

Timeline
I brought American size because it's what I had, but I don't think they care. I'm going back to get my results tomorrow, I can ask them if you want :)

Yes, please do. She said Canadian...but I have a feeling that they'll want American because it's for the American medical. So if you could, that'd be fantastic. Thank you. <3

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Update: I went to pick up my results/envelope this morning and it was fast and easy. The envelope is closed, there is no note to tell if I passed or failed, but I guess they would have told me something if there was a problem.

I asked about the pictures and the size is not important, as long as you have three colour ID pictures, with a plain white background (can be made in a photobooth). She said not to pay the big $$$ for them. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great review! Yes, if there was any problem they would have told you about it and referred you to your family doctor so you should be good to go.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Great review! Yes, if there was any problem they would have told you about it and referred you to your family doctor so you should be good to go.

Thank you ~ yeah, that's what I thought... :blush:

Timeline
The results at Medisys are available in 3 business days I think... I didn't ask specifics because it's not important in my case.

There's a recent review of the other Montreal clinic here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238088 - the cost there is $260 and it may be faster, but I'm not sure.

My husband's medical at Medisys is Feb 23 and he was told we should have our results back in time for our March 1st interview (should be ready Thursday, Friday at the latest). He had better pray really hard that there is no problems with his medical since he decided to wait until the extreme last minute to have it done. (last day possible and latest appointment possible)....

Thanks for the review La Souris!

Edited by redmen99

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Timeline
My husband's medical at Medisys is Feb 23 and he was told we should have our results back in time for our March 1st interview (should be ready Thursday, Friday at the latest). He had better pray really hard that there is no problems with his medical since he decided to wait until the extreme last minute to have it done. (last day possible and latest appointment possible)....

What type of payment will Medisys in Montreal accept? VISA etc?

Thanks!

Timeline
What type of payment will Medisys in Montreal accept? VISA etc?

Thanks!

Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Interac and cash :)

Unless they find something "medical" that worries them, I would think the results will be there on time as they do seem to be well organized. Good luck with the medical... and the interview!

Don't forget to give him a bonk on the head for that when he gets there. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.