captain canuk

timelines of processing canadian I-601's

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Although I am quite new to this site...I feel like an "oldie" to the process! My fiance sent (from california), the I-129K in february/05. It was approved in july 05. For a cimt in 1984, (theft over $200.00), I was required to apply with an I-601. That was done at the embassy in Vancouver on oct.23/05. The embassy staff in Vancouver are simply wonderful to deal with. The consular officer gave a letter of reference with my application. Now some nine months later...nothing! I can not call the 800 # from Canada, they won't answer questions from my american fiance, they tell the congresswomans office that they are working on it. ARE THERE ANY OTHER CANADIAN/AMERICAN COUPLES OUT THERE WITH ANY INSIGHTS??? Glen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Although I am quite new to this site...I feel like an "oldie" to the process! My fiance sent (from california), the I-129K in february/05. It was approved in july 05. For a cimt in 1984, (theft over $200.00), I was required to apply with an I-601. That was done at the embassy in Vancouver on oct.23/05. The embassy staff in Vancouver are simply wonderful to deal with. The consular officer gave a letter of reference with my application. Now some nine months later...nothing! I can not call the 800 # from Canada, they won't answer questions from my american fiance, they tell the congresswomans office that they are working on it. ARE THERE ANY OTHER CANADIAN/AMERICAN COUPLES OUT THERE WITH ANY INSIGHTS??? Glen

You might want to try the 601 forum on immigrate2us.net - there are not a lot of people with 601s in Canada but there are at least a few who can offer you more information. Good luck.

Filed: Timeline

I know I am not in the "in" crowd here ---as I don't have a bazillion posts nor do I care to --- (but I still post information with the hope it helps some new person who is not here for purely the social aspect of it all)

It does seem to be that for allot of posters -- but, oh well everyone has their reasons --

I have been trying to keep this board current on my progress to date on contacting the Vermont Service Center to see where our Waiver is in the process --- this should help those of you going through Vermont and since this post refers to just that --- Although my husband in from the UK --- we are going through the Vancouver Canada Consulate as we were married there.

I called the USCIS Service Center in Vermont today and spoke with Customer Service Agent Darcy. She told that I should wait 30 days before calling again and that my Senators office had just called last week to inquire about our case --- I tried my best to play on her emotions and share with her how the separation that my husband and I are enduring is so painful and if I feel the need to call every week even if it only gives a shred of new information that it helps to endure the process --- any movement is AOK with me --- She offered up to me that the processing times in Vermont for I-601's complete through security checks was submission of January 29th, 2006 (that would be your NOA1 date) But that did not necessarily mean it would take three months to get to our case complete because the amount of 601's applied for is much lower than 1-130's and I-129's. Darcy also confirmed that we were on the adjudacators desk and she had no visibility over whether that person was on vacation or what their workload was.

Another thing I did was to get my US State Senator involved in the case by signing the statement that allowed them to intervene and gain access to information for our case. Today I also called the Senators office and was told they are calling the VSC on a weekly basis. They are required to document everything they communicate with other government agencies and I should see the first conversation letter in the mail and the other following shortly --- I'm hoping by getting the Senator involved it will alert the USCIS to the case having more eyes watching their progress than only my husbands and mine ---

We will get there --- inch by inch ---

02/23/05 - Met as Friends

09/29/05 - Married in Victoria BC Canada

11/04/05 - File I-130

11/18/05 - NOA1 I -130

12/08/05 - File 1-129F

12/13/05 - NOA1 I-129F

01/09/06 - APPROVAL I-129F

03/23/06 - I-130 APPROVAL

03/23/06 - K3 interview in Vancouver, Canada

03/23/06 - K3 denied due to CMIT 23 years prior

03/23/06 - i-601 Waiver Submitted

04/07/06 - NOA1 for I-601 Waiver received

10/18/06 - I-601 Approved out of Vermont

11/27/06 - 10:00 appointment at Vancouver Consulate for Visa Stamp

11/27/06 - Arrive home 8.5 hours after crossing the border in Blaine Washington, due to horrible show storm --- we were happy to be home

01/04/07 - AOS sent off

01/10/07 - NOA - 1-485

01/25/07 - RFE for I-824 - used and outdated form

02/14/07 - Get email stating Post Office has Address posted as Vacant from the USCIS

02/16/07 - Hubby gets WA State Drivers Licence

03/05/07 - AOS appointment April 19, 2007 Seattle

04/13/07 - Biometrics Taken for AOS

04/19/07 - AOS interview - Approved pending name check

04/23 - 05/28 - 5 additional appointments with the Seattle USCIS office - to clear up the EAD issue

05/15/07 - 90 Day EAD Arrives

06/10/07 - EAD/Green Card approval letter arrives

06/15/07 - EAD arrives

06/23/07 - 2 year conditional Green Card Arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.