Juanitajuanes

Affidavit of Support: new job + current job?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone amazing and wonderful that has helped me through this,

I just received my NOA2 about a week ago and am now preparing to send documents needed to my fiance.

I am only sponsoring him no kids nothing too complicated.

I have 2 jobs.

I have taxes to show what I made last year (but that only represents 6 months of working because I was out of the country studying abroad).

I have a letter from that employer stating that my annual salary is usually around twice what it shows on my taxes.

That alone is not enough money. I just recently on dec. 31st got another job. I have 2 paycheck stubs. will this count as proof enough that I CAN make more money? I know I will not be leaving this job anytime soon. with that income proof I will definitely make enough.

is it too risky because the employment history is so brief? I can get a letter from them no problem , but I'm not sure this would be enough to satisfy them. I think I have someone in mind that can cosponsor me but I would like to avoid it if I can. anyone with similar situation? I looked for a while but couldn't find anything. I'm sure there's an identical entry somewhere though....

thank you for your help!!!!!!!

Edited by Libertyhuskey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in a similiar situation. My fiance is getting a new job and will be making enough money to support me according to the Federal Poverty guidelines, but on his taxes, it won't show his new job, just his old one. If he got a letter from his employer stating his position and salary, would that be enough or would we have to wait longer until he had more evidence (W2s, taxes, etc.) to show he makes enough?

If anyone can answer this, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

Samantha (CANADA) and Daniel (USA)

I'm in a similiar situation. My fiance is getting a new job and will be making enough money to support me according to the Federal Poverty guidelines, but on his taxes, it won't show his new job, just his old one. If he got a letter from his employer stating his position and salary, would that be enough or would we have to wait longer until he had more evidence (W2s, taxes, etc.) to show he makes enough?

If anyone can answer this, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

They're interested in your current earnings more than anything. If you can show, with however many paystubs you have, accompanied by a letter from your employer stating the usual job title, salary/ hourly pay rate, number of hours worked if hourly and state on your I-134 what your projected annual income is, you should be A-OK.

Calculation for projection is obviously taking your gross pay and multiplying it by 52 if paid weekly, 26 if fortnightly or 12 if monthly.

The fact that you were abroad for 6 months will be evident on your employment history on the G-325A. Include your most recent tax transcripts.

What about the year before you took the time out for studies?

The letter and paystubs you have isn't proof that you CAN make more, it's proof that you ARE making more.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
They're interested in your current earnings more than anything. If you can show, with however many paystubs you have, accompanied by a letter from your employer stating the usual job title, salary/ hourly pay rate, number of hours worked if hourly and state on your I-134 what your projected annual income is, you should be A-OK.

Calculation for projection is obviously taking your gross pay and multiplying it by 52 if paid weekly, 26 if fortnightly or 12 if monthly.

The fact that you were abroad for 6 months will be evident on your employment history on the G-325A. Include your most recent tax transcripts.

The letter and paystubs you have isn't proof that you CAN make more, it's proof that you ARE making more.

Thank you! We were really worried about that, your reply helped a lot.

Thank you! We were really worried about that, your reply helped a lot.

Welcome, but I will say check with fellow Canucks on the Canadian forum too. Each consulate is different in their approach to I-134s in particular.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
Welcome, but I will say check with fellow Canucks on the Canadian forum too. Each consulate is different in their approach to I-134s in particular.

Will do! Your advice is greatly appreciated, even after months of research I still feel like I have a long way to go, lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:thumbs:

Documenting your current income is most important. There is nothing you can change about the past. If you are worried about it, get a co-sponsor. The co-sponsor for the visa is only on the hook until you do your adjustment of status anyway, so it is basically a "throw away". More is better, but if you have current sufficient income and if you documet it it, you should be OK. When in doubt, get a co-sponsor.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline
:thumbs:

Documenting your current income is most important. There is nothing you can change about the past. If you are worried about it, get a co-sponsor. The co-sponsor for the visa is only on the hook until you do your adjustment of status anyway, so it is basically a "throw away". More is better, but if you have current sufficient income and if you documet it it, you should be OK. When in doubt, get a co-sponsor.

I have a go on the cosponsor. I´ve heard adjustment of status can take quite a while. when exactly are the cosponsors off the hook? and what are the odds that they would be pursued for any kind of hypothetical thing that may happen (medical expenses in an accident etc). they would definitely consult with me first would they not? I just want to be able to assure them that there is no chance they might lose their house or something if my husband gets in an accident while waiting for his change of status.

I think it will be fine...but they want to know the legal details. I will do my own research on that info, but if anyone knows of a good site for that let me know :) :) thank you so much everyone!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
I have a go on the cosponsor. I´ve heard adjustment of status can take quite a while. when exactly are the cosponsors off the hook? and what are the odds that they would be pursued for any kind of hypothetical thing that may happen (medical expenses in an accident etc). they would definitely consult with me first would they not? I just want to be able to assure them that there is no chance they might lose their house or something if my husband gets in an accident while waiting for his change of status.

I think it will be fine...but they want to know the legal details. I will do my own research on that info, but if anyone knows of a good site for that let me know :) :) thank you so much everyone!!!

Just a quick FYI-

I've noticed that we can purchase a major medical policy for the beneficiary (non-USC) so if that would reassure them, that you were purchasing a major medical insurance policy, it might be something worth considering.

No other help, but that did occur to us and we may indeed do that, just in case of an accident.

Our Timeline

June 13, 2009- We met in Honduras (mission trip for me, school for him)

June-July, 2009- Getting to know each other better via Skype & emails

August 2, 2009- Officially a couple

Dec 2009- Thanks to God, Allan visited USA, speaking at churches

Jan 09, 2010- Engaged!!

Jan 13, 2010- Allan returned to Costa Rica

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 09, 2010 - I-129F sent I-129F via Express mail to VT center

Feb 11, 2010 - NOA1 approved

May 17, 2010 - Received email that NOA2 was issued! (95 days after NOA1)

May 22, 2010 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

May 25, 2010 - Packet sent to Costa Rican Embassy

June 07,2010 - Phone call from Embassy, arranged to pick up packet

June 17,2010 - Pick up Packet 3

July 23,2010 - Liz travels to Costa Rica

July 26,2010 - Interview Date (70 days after NOA2- long paper chase in Central America)

July 26,2010 - K-1 Visa APPROVED!!!! Thanks to God!!!! \o/\o/

July 28,2010 - Liz returns to USA

July 29,2010 - Allan picks up Visa

Aug 11,2010 - Allan POE (Denver) NO PROBLEMS, it was easy!

Sept 25,2010 - Wedding Date

3Rj1m5.png

Sept 25-Oct 1 - Honeymoon away

Oct 2, 2010 - Begin honeymoon at home (for the rest of our lives)

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 13, 2010 - AOS & EAD Application Mailed

Oct 14, 2010 - Tracking number shows packet received at Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2010 - Received Electronic Notice of NOA1 for AOS & EAD

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Great thread! very helpful for me because I did not meet the income requirements last year(2010) due to being unemployed for a portion of the year. But this year I have been at a job that pays me more than enough. I will take everyone's suggestions on bringing my pay stubs and a letter from my employer. Thanks all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.