6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I met my fiance last April and we stayed in Shanghai and then on to her city of Fushun where I met her family and many friends. Since my return to the states I call her EVERY day...I text her EVERY day and have copies to prove it. We send things through the mail and she had talked to my family and friends. She is now waiting for packet 3 and her interview appointment. What worries me a little is I read where Guanzhou does not grant visas after only 1 meeting. My job prevents me from going more than once a year and the guidelines say must meet once in 2 years...so I hope that this does not cause her to be rejected. We are sincere and want to marry. Does anyone have a GOOD experience with Guanzhou? Thanks to all you reply and good luck to you. Jeff

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My experience with GUZ is a negative one. My wife interviewed on Feb 4 and even though the VO said all the paperwork was in order, she was given a blue slip. In hind sight several red flags were there. Met once in China after 4 months of daily emails and IM webcam "dates" on the weekends; married during first visit; she is University graduate and is a teacher (VO: "Are you a CCP member...wife: "NO"....VO: "we need to investigate further")....BAM!!! Blue!! I am going to GUZ in March, meet my wife there and try to talk with someone before contacting congressman and Senator, not that it will do any good...but I need to see her anyway. All documents were held by VO so it is difficult to know what they are "investigating"..FAM is pretty clear that any non-relevent evidence must be returned to applicant, however, if everything is held how can you know what they are looking for? Also, memos from DOS indicate if visa application is rejected, the petitioner should be notified within 1 or 2 weeks and they are not to "DEEP SIX" applications. The blue slip says you may call or write them over the next MONTHS to check on progress! For what it's worth, spend as much time as you can with your spouse or fiancee before you apply.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My outcome with Guz was negative. 11 months of email, chats, letter, etc, and then 1 trip in April with an interview in Dec. deny. Many have gotten Visas with the same story. With Guz rules, there are really no rules they go by, or no one the Visa Officer answers to. It comes down to being well prepared, and have luck of getting a fair Visa Officer. Best of Luck....

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey Jeff - ya, it is possible for only 1 visit - but that casefile needs to address any prior red flags you might have, on submittal day.

re: 'waiting on P3' - here's a shortcut for that - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

There are also embassy reviews on GUZ. have a read?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I don't think anyone has a GOOD experience with GUZ because GUZ is a real toilet BUT WE did have a GOOD experience with the embassy there. I will tell you the short story here and if you want more info. we can send messages.

First of all, what you described as your situation, one fully documented visit with LOTS of pictures, tons of phone and message logs, is what we went in with. I sounded like you, wondering if one visit was enough. The best advice I can give you is to GO TO GUANGZHOU YOURSELF to show support with your SO. I believe that the examiners know that anyone that will go to GUZ is for real because like I said it is a real toilet (it doesn't flush either). When my SO was asked to show her passport she said "Would you like to see my fiancee's passport also?" at that point the examiner (a woman who is said to be the toughest one) said, "Oh, he is here with you? That is good." My SO said she could tell it carried a lot of weight. I mean when you go there you will understand what I mean. Only the most dedicated person would go there. Certainly someone involved in a scam would skip going to this garden spot of the Orient.

I suggest that although it is not a nice place, you get there several days early. Stay at the Concordia. It is a short walk from the consulate and the owner helps his customers very, very much. He is super knowledgeble and will actually come to your room the night before the interview and go over the file. He caught a couple of minor errors we made. Nothing fatal but why take chances? If you are interested in this place, I no longer have the contact information because this is a new computer but I posted it after we came back. You can probably find my post. I believe I sent someone a message from VJ with the info. so if you can't find it, let me know and I will look it up for you. It is a pic of the businessYou need to make reservations a long time in advance because there is only one good room which is always occupied by an East/West couple. Be prepared because it is a true roach hotel. In that climate, there is nothing you can do about roaches. I believe the help the owner gives you is well worth putting up with the conditions. This guy only speaks Chinese but fortunately he speaks Mandarin. I assume he also speaks Cantonese because it is Guangdong province after all.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.