FortLaudy

I'm "African American"

511 posts in this topic

Fail! I said a hell of a lot of folk in ghettos are clearly not interest in progressing. If you cannot succeed in forty years, then when will you succeed? Furthermore, how does one succeed or progress hanging out in street corners? Fact, as in not opinion, students in ghettos receive a hell of a lot more funding per student than those in rich areas. So don't even pretend that they do not have the opportunity or resources allocated to them to progress.

Though, I do like this group them all together tactic that's once again deployed.

Edit: There are millions who have migrated to the US with nothing, yet have achieved more in 10 years than those who have been here a lifetime. I am not talking about wealth but about becoming functional members of our society.

So, your argument would be that, its ok for black people, (minorities) to receive AA, financial aid, etc etc...if they did NOT live in ghettos?

FYI: The majority of "AFRICAN AMERICANS" do not live in ghettos. Affirmative action is also for WOMEN, not just minorities, but ALL WOMEN...

This is about the most ridiculous and ignorant thread I've ever seen on vj.

AOS

Date Filed : 2009-03-09

NOA Date : 2009-03-17

RFE(s) : 2009-03-30

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-20

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is about the most ridiculous and ignorant thread I've ever seen on vj.

It's definitely up there in the top 10. Nothing fires up some members here than stories of Black minorities getting scholarships. It's all the rage these days.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It's about taking a look at the concept of Affirmative Action in general, seeing what effect it had when implimented in other countries is never a bad idea don't you think?

Shani - Affirmative Action is an umbrella term for a whole raft of different policies that broadly (broadly is the key word here) seek to encourage diversity in different situations.

To suggest that it amounts to giving an underqualified black person a job to the deliberate and systematic disenfranchisement of whites is simplistic at best. What you're asking me to buy is that we should judge attempts to encourage diversity in the United States using the yardstick of corrupt, 3rd world countries.

What I am saying to you - is that the only fair way to assess the effectiveness of Affirmative Action policies is on a case by case basis - and of specifically identified policies.

Filed: Timeline
It's definitely up there in the top 10. Nothing fires up some members here than stories of Black minorities getting scholarships. It's all the rage these days.

Too funny! :lol: I still think it's damn funny, from now on I'm African American, looking forward to all the :blink: looks in future :lol:

Shani - Affirmative Action is an umbrella term for a whole raft of different policies that broadly (broadly is the key word here) seek to encourage diversity in different situations.

To suggest that it amounts to giving an underqualified black person a job to the deliberate and systematic disenfranchisement of whites is simplistic at best. What you're asking me to buy is that we should judge attempts to encourage diversity in the United States using the yardstick of corrupt, 3rd world countries.

What I am saying to you - is that the only fair way to assess the effectiveness of Affirmative Action policies is on a case by case basis - and of specifically identified policies.

My problem isn't really with "Affirmative Action", but I do have a problem with discrimination in the workplace, because I truly believe that everyone in this country has the opportunity to be "the best candidate" based on merit, no more damn stupid excuses. Affirmative action only causes more discrimination, it's racist and completely unnecessary today.

Timeline

It depends how you go about it doesn't it.

Again, if you discover that your workforce is predominantly white, from an outsiders perspective its going to look exclusory.

What's the bigger evil - to pretend that there is no problem, or seek to correct it?

It depends how you go about it doesn't it.

Again, if you discover that your workforce is predominantly white, from an outsiders perspective its going to look exclusory.

What's the bigger evil - to pretend that there is no problem, or seek to correct it?

I just think it's complete and utter BS that someone can start a business, from scratch and with hard work. Then later the government gets to tell this person who he should hire at the exclusion of others. complete and utter BS, racist and wrong. There is opportunity for everyone to start their own damn businesses and decide for themselves who they want to hire, whether from their own clan or not.

Especially yours, and many of your counterparts. Sad, ignorant and disgusting.

That's your opinion and I value it, thanks. You're more than welcome to add to the discussion, perhaps without having to throw out personal insults?

Timeline
I just think it's complete and utter BS that someone can start a business, from scratch and with hard work. Then later the government gets to tell this person who he should hire at the exclusion of others. complete and utter BS, racist and wrong. There is opportunity for everyone to start their own damn businesses and decide for themselves who they want to hire, whether from their own clan or not.

Sure, Shani if everyone wants to start a small business from scratch. Many professional people however, do not.

Hence - Corporate America.

With attitudes and ignorant mindsets such as these, there is no wonder why affirmative action, and many other programs are still needed to help everyone that doesn't fit in the status quo of the upper echelon white males.

It also strikes me so funny, that these same people, who without fear spew this type of ignorance without fear of retribution online, would never have the courage or the decency in the name of the being HONEST, talk the same bunk out in the ordinary.

I'd love to hear people speaking of their opinions like this in the workplace, at church, out in public, and not just behind closed doors. That is the problem with people in America and beyond...too biased, racist, sexist, you name it.

Why are so many afraid to talk about this in the open? Why must people hide their true agendas? Programs like AA will never go away if the nutty fools are afraid to have an open dialogue about it.

If you can't talk about it out loud and not behind a computer, then you may as well just shut up, or go join the 'blacks' and other minorities that you are accusing of being whiny and begging for handouts.

Ignorant a$$ f&*@!

AOS

Date Filed : 2009-03-09

NOA Date : 2009-03-17

RFE(s) : 2009-03-30

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-20

Sure, Shani if everyone wants to start a small business from scratch. Many professional people however, do not.

Hence - Corporate America.

Those are still businesses that were started by someone or a group with a bit of brains and work ethic, and I still say, anyone can do it and then decide, FOR THEMSELVES, who to hire, it should be none of the governments' business.

I guess life isn't fair is it? so what. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Eliminate welfare? Sorry, I have no desire to see this country become a more brutal place than it already is.

I said...eliminate the NEED for welfare. Leave to a racist to twist the words and ignore the message to help people with education and press ahead with the current racist agenda

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Fail! I said a hell of a lot of folk in ghettos are clearly not interest in progressing. If you cannot succeed in forty years, then when will you succeed? Furthermore, how does one succeed or progress hanging out in street corners? Fact, as in not opinion, students in ghettos receive a hell of a lot more funding per student than those in rich areas. So don't even pretend that they do not have the opportunity or resources allocated to them to progress.

Though, I do like this group them all together tactic that's once again deployed.

Edit: There are millions who have migrated to the US with nothing, yet have achieved more in 10 years than those who have been here a lifetime. I am not talking about wealth but about becoming functional members of our society.

Once again BY, quote all these facts without citing them, or even being based in fact. There are some situations where in fact, inner-city schools receive a higher per pupil funding than suburban schools, but not even close to your blanket statement. Don't believe me? check out the GAO study on this. The fact of the matter is, funding comes primarily from state and local sources, which are generated from property and other taxes. Consumption levels and property taxes are significantly lower in Compton than they are in Palos Verdes, hence the disparity in resources and condition of the campuses.

There is a broad consensus that poverty itself adversely affects academic

achievement, and inner city students in the schools reviewed performed less

well academically than students in the suburban schools. The disparity in

achievement may also be related to several other differences identified in the

characteristics of inner city and suburban schools. At the schools GAO visited,

inner city schools generally had higher percentages of first-year teachers, higher

enrollments, fewer library resources, and less in-school parental involvement--

characteristics that some research has shown are related to school achievement.

GAO Report

Sorry, I have been trying to read this thread from the beginning, and I could only get this far before I couldn't take BY's nonsense anymore. Seeing the pattern that this has gone, I imagine by the end of this thread, it has skewed even further into banality.

With attitudes and ignorant mindsets such as these, there is no wonder why affirmative action, and many other programs are still needed to help everyone that doesn't fit in the status quo of the upper echelon white males.

It also strikes me so funny, that these same people, who without fear spew this type of ignorance without fear of retribution online, would never have the courage or the decency in the name of the being HONEST, talk the same bunk out in the ordinary.

I'd love to hear people speaking of their opinions like this in the workplace, at church, out in public, and not just behind closed doors. That is the problem with people in America and beyond...too biased, racist, sexist, you name it.

Why are so many afraid to talk about this in the open? Why must people hide their true agendas? Programs like AA will never go away if the nutty fools are afraid to have an open dialogue about it.

If you can't talk about it out loud and not behind a computer, then you may as well just shut up, or go join the 'blacks' and other minorities that you are accusing of being whiny and begging for handouts.

Ignorant a$$ f&*@!

I'm a female African American, hardly up there with the "upper echelon white males." :lol: