mikellen

How to mail I 751?

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm just about ready to submit our I-751 to the Vermont Service Center. What is the best way to send it with the U.S.P.S.? Certified, Priority, Registered?

If sending Certified with return receipt will someone at the VSC sign for it or will the I-751 be sent back to me because a signature cannot be obtained?

What happens if the package arrives on Saturday and there is no one there to sign for it; will it be delivered on Monday?

I know these sound like silly questions but we all know how important it is for the I-751 to arrive without a problem.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

I always recommend USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. :thumbs:

Trying to track signatures is worthless, doesn't matter if its Saturday or Wednesday, there's no one person signing for all the parcels they get (not worth paying extra).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Agreed. Signature is unnecessary and may just be a hassle on their end. I sent mine USPS Express Mail and it got there on Saturday. :)

AOS/EAD/I-130 timeline

7/12/2007 AOS/EAD/I-130 filed

7/15/2007 AOS/EAD/I-130 arrived in Chicago

7/23/2007 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/I-130

7/25/2007 AOS/EAD/I-130 TOUCHED

7/27/2007 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/I-130 in the mail

8/15/2007 RFE Birth Certificate

8/24/2007 RFE Sent

8/27/2007 Biometrics Scheduled for 9/19/2007

8/31/2007 I-485 Touched

9/04/2007 I-485 Touched

9/19/2007 Biometrics

9/26/2007 EAD Approved (76 days)

10/04/2007 EAD Received

10/05/2007 Applied for a Social Security Card.

10/09/2007 Interview Scheduled for 11/15/2007

10/17/2007 Social Security Card Received

11/15/2007 Stoked on first interivew. Got everything right but officer had a problem with age difference.

04/14/2008 Stokes interview. Approved in less than 5 mins with no questions asked.

04/17/2008 Card Production Ordered.

04/22/2008 Received Green Card.

Hello all,

I'm just about ready to submit our I-751 to the Vermont Service Center. What is the best way to send it with the U.S.P.S.? Certified, Priority, Registered?

If sending Certified with return receipt will someone at the VSC sign for it or will the I-751 be sent back to me because a signature cannot be obtained?

What happens if the package arrives on Saturday and there is no one there to sign for it; will it be delivered on Monday?

I know these sound like silly questions but we all know how important it is for the I-751 to arrive without a problem.

I sent my package USPS Priority with a delivery confirmation. If you are sending a personal check, then sometimes they clear in your bank before you receive your NOA and that is an indication of package acceptance.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

I sent my package USPS Priority with a delivery confirmation. If you are sending a personal check, then sometimes they clear in your bank before you receive your NOA and that is an indication of package acceptance.

Oh yea.... I forgot to ask, is it better to send a certified bank check, USPS money order, or personal check, or does it not matter.

Personal check so that you can verify that they cashed it.

Our personal checks do not have our names and address pre printed on the upper left hand side. I'm concerned that it will not be accepted

because it appears that the check could be a "starter" check. I've had an organization refuse our check before because of that.

I don't know why that would make any difference but I don't want to take the chance. I guess I'll just send a certified bank check

and hope for the best.

Thanks.

Edited by mikellen

I don't know why that would make any difference but I don't want to take the chance. I guess I'll just send a certified bank check

and hope for the best.

The government has no problem taking money. I wouldn't spend the extra $$ on a certified/cashiers. Print your name, address form# and alien registration (A#) on the check.

I sent ALL petitions and forms USPS Overnight Express with signature waived. Mailed them on a Tuesday and they all got there Wednesdays.

You get email confirmation also.

Worth the few extra bucks fot the fast premium service.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Hello all,

send it by express mail and waive the signature

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.