jjsa

G325a employment question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My fiance and I are filling out the G 325a. We have some questions about the past employment and adresses questions.

I have had the same employment since the summer of 2008, as bar manager of a country club which is closed in the winter for obvious reasons. At which time i find another job for the winter months. how would i state this on the form?

In example would i state it like this:

Country Club job : april 08-present

Other job A : sept 09-present

Job: B : sept 08- sept 09

Country club job : april 08 - present ?????

Job: C : sept 07 - april 08

Do I put the Country Club job only at the top one or also again down in the list?

In the past 5 years I have also been a full time student and therefore did not have a job. Do I put it down as 'Unemployed' or 'Unemployed/Student' or 'Unemployed' specify: 'Student'?

I decided to put the sheet as an attachment as not everything fits, so should I otherwise write a brief explanation (2-3 sentences) about my job situation or is this not appreciated?

Furthermore, on the attached sheet I typed: ATTACHMENT QUESTION: APPLICANT'S RESIDENCE LAST FIVE YEARS. Then I made a table where all the adresses fit (+ a possible explanation of 2-3 sentences) and under that I wrote a line with my full name, a signature line and the date.

What do you guys think? Thanks for all your help.

- Jake

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I-129F Sent: 2010-03-24

I-129F NOA1: 2010-03-29

I-129F NOA2: 2010-05-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
My fiance and I are filling out the G 325a. We have some questions about the past employment and adresses questions.

I have had the same employment since the summer of 2008, as bar manager of a country club which is closed in the winter for obvious reasons. At which time i find another job for the winter months. how would i state this on the form?

Do I put the Country Club job only at the top one or also again down in the list?

In the past 5 years I have also been a full time student and therefore did not have a job. Do I put it down as 'Unemployed' or 'Unemployed/Student' or 'Unemployed' specify: 'Student'?

I decided to put the sheet as an attachment as not everything fits, so should I otherwise write a brief explanation (2-3 sentences) about my job situation or is this not appreciated?

Furthermore, on the attached sheet I typed: ATTACHMENT QUESTION: APPLICANT'S RESIDENCE LAST FIVE YEARS. Then I made a table where all the adresses fit (+ a possible explanation of 2-3 sentences) and under that I wrote a line with my full name, a signature line and the date.

- Jake

Hi Jake, welcome to VJ!

I see your fiance is from the Netherlands.....so is my husband! I think that you could just put the Country club job once and then list the other jobs under that. I'm sure they have had people before who work two jobs and will understand that. As for the extra sheet, it sounds like you have it set up very nicely....I would say it should work the way you explained it.

If you have any more questions, please ask...and if you would like to join us there is a Dutch/American couples thread down in Regional Forums!

ETA: here is a link to that thread if your interested!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&start=1260

Edited by lizandpat

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

- Jake

I would list the country club job only once too, put it where you think it makes more logical sense.

When I was a student and unemployed, I simply listed 'Unemployed.'

I definitely don't think the job description explanation is necessary, because I think your situation is straightforward.

And yes, I had an attachment too and I wrote "G-325A Supplement" in the top, recreated the tables on the original form, and then I signed/dated it after I printed it out.

Good luck!

11/29/2010 Sent AOS package
12/10/2010 NOA1
01/07/2011 AOS transfer to CSC
01/11/2011 Biometrics
2/08/2011 AOS approved
2/22/2011 Green card in hand!

Timeline
Hi Jake, welcome to VJ!

I see your fiance is from the Netherlands.....so is my husband! I think that you could just put the Country club job once and then list the other jobs under that. I'm sure they have had people before who work two jobs and will understand that. As for the extra sheet, it sounds like you have it set up very nicely....I would say it should work the way you explained it.

If you have any more questions, please ask...and if you would like to join us there is a Dutch/American couples thread down in Regional Forums!

ETA: here is a link to that thread if your interested!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&start=1260

Thank you! And thanks for the link to the forum, we will definately join that. I am actually in the Netherlands right now.

I would list the country club job only once too, put it where you think it makes more logical sense.

When I was a student and unemployed, I simply listed 'Unemployed.'

I definitely don't think the job description explanation is necessary, because I think your situation is straightforward.

And yes, I had an attachment too and I wrote "G-325A Supplement" in the top, recreated the tables on the original form, and then I signed/dated it after I printed it out.

Good luck!

Good to know, thank you very much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Thank you! And thanks for the link to the forum, we will definately join that. I am actually in the Netherlands right now.

Good to know, thank you very much!

Your welcome! How cool....I was only able to visit once for a weekend but we plan to go back next year. What part of the Netherlands is your fiance from? My husband is from Den Haag.

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

- Jake

No, but you are on the right track. It depends. Does the country club keep you as a furloughed employeee? If YES, then you have been EMPLOYED there continously and only need to list them ONE time. If they actually dismiss you and re-hire you each time, then you need to list each period you worked there and the dates separately. The other jobs would be listed separately, of course, as you have done. If you have been continously employed at the CC, then list them FIRST and the others in chronogical order under. If you have not been continously employed ("employed" does not mean the same as "working") then you would list all in chronological order including the multiple CC listings.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

My job list included periods of unemployment, I stated these as 'None' under the employer details and 'Unemployed' under the job description. I would do the same for periods that I was a student, so None and 'Student'. My fiance worked for the same place from october 2003 to present, except for the 5.5 months he was in London with us. Because he had a break in his employment (even though he wasn't taken off the payroll, he just wasn't paid obviously) we wrote abc company Jan 2009 - present on the top line and then listed the period May 2008 - Jan 2009 as none and unemployed. Beneath that we wrote the 2nd job he was working before he came to London because it was the more recent employment, so Nov 2007 - May 2008 at xyz company and repeated abc company oct 2003 - may 2008.

For simplicity, looked like this

abc company - whatever employee - jan 2009 - present

none - unemployed - may 2008 - jan 2009

xyz company - another employee - nov 2007 - may 2008

abc company - whatever employee - oct 2003 - may 2008

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

My job list included periods of unemployment, I stated these as 'None' under the employer details and 'Unemployed' under the job description. I would do the same for periods that I was a student, so None and 'Student'. My fiance worked for the same place from october 2003 to present, except for the 5.5 months he was in London with us. Because he had a break in his employment (even though he wasn't taken off the payroll, he just wasn't paid obviously) we wrote abc company Jan 2009 - present on the top line and then listed the period May 2008 - Jan 2009 as none and unemployed. Beneath that we wrote the 2nd job he was working before he came to London because it was the more recent employment, so Nov 2007 - May 2008 at xyz company and repeated abc company oct 2003 - may 2008.

For simplicity, looked like this

abc company - whatever employee - jan 2009 - present

none - unemployed - may 2008 - jan 2009

xyz company - another employee - nov 2007 - may 2008

abc company - whatever employee - oct 2003 - may 2008

On the basis of what Gary's put, we listed his wrongly! lol. We just wanted to avoid any situation where they might check with the employer and some idiot would say, no he didn't work here between may 08 and jan 09.

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Thank you all for the replies. They are really helpful. I was also wondering, if you are unemployed for only 1-2 months, do you also have to state that as 'unemployed'?

Thank you all for the replies. They are really helpful. I was also wondering, if you are unemployed for only 1-2 months, do you also have to state that as 'unemployed'?

It's supposed to be uninterrupted dates, so technically yes.

This is why we listed my fiance's employment as 2 separate sets of dates. Even though he wasn't dismissed and rehired, he has no paystubs for this period (obviously) and his 2009 tax return would have shown a drastic drop in income compared to previous and subsequent years.

I guess I'm just overly suspicious of this process and want at all costs to avoid any possible hiccups. I don't want a situation where someone goes, 'so you've said that he spent nearly 6 months in England in 2008, how was he continuously working at abc company during that time?'

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.