Rito

Couple more questions on packet 3

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry, just a few more things we're strugging with:

1. On DS 157[supplementary 156] the questions asks if you intend to work in the US, if so list the full address employer. My fiance intends to work, but does not know his employer. Should he put "no" for now on this question?

2. Wedding date, Travel date, and Medical date are all required on the checklist. Of course we don't know wedding and travel date, and medical we were hoping to schedule once we know the interview date. Should we just put n/a?

3. On DS230, Do you need to send in part 2 or bring it to the interview? The link on the website implies the whole form is DS230 part I as a download but in part two it is clearly labeled as DS 230 part 2. [sworn statement]. The numbers are continuous however.

Thank you so much, VJ, for the help.

I'm not going to be much help because I can't remember off hand but I will say:

1) I basically answered "with work authorisation, employer uknown"

2) I had my medical already but can't remember what I put for the others - we don't have a fixed wedding date or poe date.

3) I only sent Part 1

I'm sure a more knowledgeable soul will respond.......

Sorry, just a few more things we're strugging with:

1. On DS 157[supplementary 156] the questions asks if you intend to work in the US, if so list the full address employer. My fiance intends to work, but does not know his employer. Should he put "no" for now on this question?

2. Wedding date, Travel date, and Medical date are all required on the checklist. Of course we don't know wedding and travel date, and medical we were hoping to schedule once we know the interview date. Should we just put n/a?

3. On DS230, Do you need to send in part 2 or bring it to the interview? The link on the website implies the whole form is DS230 part I as a download but in part two it is clearly labeled as DS 230 part 2. [sworn statement]. The numbers are continuous however.

Thank you so much, VJ, for the help.

On my fiancee's DS156, for does fiancee intend to work, we put "with proper work authorization". For employer we put N/A. We didnt have any issues with that.

Wedding date: I think this is so dumb - this was not on our form but it was asked of my fiancee at the interview. Her answer was - we dont have a date because our visa has not been approved yet. If approved we know we must be married within 90 days of entry to the US.

Travel Date: Same silly question - how can you know if you have not been approved yet? "As soon as possible after visa approval you silly CO" (Sorry I know that is not called for)

Medical - again they did not request a date from us - just had to have it done before the interview. If they need this date then maybe you can schedule appointment and write it in.

DS230 - Neither For K1 visa - only DS230 Part 1 is required. However we filled out part two and stuck it in the folder to take to the interview just in case. It was not needed. (we figured better safe than sorry)

Actually we were required to send in DS230 Part 1 and letter of readiness and also had to have a copy for packet 4 at the interview so make a copy.

There are some differences between consulates but I hope I was able to help a little.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

The with work authorization is a good answer.

DS-230 Part 1 is page 1 and 2 only. No other pages needed. The other two pages are for a different visa.

It is "rumored" here on VJ that in London they will somewhat try to accomodate your travel and wedding plans if you put a date. We put a made up date about 6 weeks before the real date. It's not that they will necessarily put you in front of others, but putting a date 4-6 months down the road will likely get you slotted in for an interview later than those that have plans in 2 months, if that makes sense. They figure it doesn't matter to you since you aren't going for months anyway. I have specifically know of people who put a date months out and got no interview appointment when the others who were sending in at the same time were getting theirs. Or you can leave your plans blank.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.