TracyHamza

casablanca consulate is LOONEYTUNES

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
yes the senator got us the second interview...i've contacted the other senator's office for help and my mother has contacted the congresswoman back home and i'm waiting now for a release form thru email so we can find out why the CO refused it

Be vigiliant and dont give up and you can turn this around. So many dont try and just get divorced but the ones that try are usually able to turn it around.

Stay strong

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

ok....my mom and i are talking now on msn and we really think the problem is about when my grandparents changed my name to theirs when i was little...i put the name on the I-130 but didn't send any documents for it..i guess i used the name for so many years it was like my birth name and i forgot...stupid of me i think...but why didn't uscis catch that and ask me to send something?......at least i put the name on the app. so it wasn't like i was hiding something....just forgot to get a stupid document

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I strongly think it is the name issue. Keep in mind, it is the CO's job to sniff out fraud. They don't attempt to make sure they are wrong, just the suspicion is all they need. It is our job to give them the proof that it isn't fraud. If you didn't have any back up on this at the interview, or if they didn't ask, that is all they needed to continue on that path. If you have it you should fax it to them ASAP.

It really is a shame, ours was denied because of a stupid misunderstanding as well. It sucks, but it can be won.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Yes, I strongly think it is the name issue. Keep in mind, it is the CO's job to sniff out fraud. They don't attempt to make sure they are wrong, just the suspicion is all they need. It is our job to give them the proof that it isn't fraud. If you didn't have any back up on this at the interview, or if they didn't ask, that is all they needed to continue on that path. If you have it you should fax it to them ASAP.

It really is a shame, ours was denied because of a stupid misunderstanding as well. It sucks, but it can be won.

hmm....i think i know what court they did the name change in...will ask mom if she can call the courthouse for me first thing in the morning and get a copy faxed ASAP to the consulate

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The CO get's like that sometimes. I would just start preparing my rebuttle letter. So sorry for your pain.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The following is an unofficial list of factors utilized by USCIS officers when determining the validity of a marriage.It was compiled based on my own experience of representing international couples throughout the United States as well as discussions with USCIS officers and colleagues in offices throughout the country.While meeting one or more of these “red flags” does not mean your application will be denied, it is important to realize that you and your spouse may be subject to additional scrutiny and investigation.At a minimum, voluminous evidence to document the marriage’s good faith should be gathered and presented at your green card interview.

* Sloppy dress or appearance: One wonders why the way you dress should have any bearing on the validity of your marriage.It is recommended however that you and your spouse dress neatly and professionally when attending your USCIS interview.

* Either spouse is past marriage age: While most of us would agree that there is no age limit on love, the USCIS seems to look with a jaded eye when the U.S. citizen or foreign spouse is in their 50s or older.

* Arrest records of theU.S. citizen or foreign spouse: Although it is the foreign spouse applying for lawful permanent residence, it is important to realize that the U.S. citizen spouse is also getting evaluated.There have been reports of U.S. citizen spouses arrested at USCIS interviews because of outstanding arrest warrants.Please keep this in mind and always consult an attorney should you or your spouse have a criminal history of any kind.

* Age differential: A large age difference of 10+ years between you and your spouse will trigger this “red flag”.

* Inability of the couple to communicate with each other.

* Different addresses on your drivers licenses: I have had USCIS officers request to see the couple’s drivers licenses during the interview itself in order to verify that the addresses were the same.

* Phone tips or letters from concerned citizens: I am told that a surprising number of cases are placed under investigation because neighbors or other concerned citizens write to the USCIS denouncing a marriage as fraudulent.

* Incorrect answers to questions at the interview: It is important that you and your spouse go over all the information submitted to the USCIS, with particular attention to the responses given on the G-325 biographical forms.

* Previous immigration petitions filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on behalf of former spouse

* Interracial marriages and foreign spouses from the country of Nigeria: Believe it or not, this is the #1 red flag for marriage fraud relied upon by USCIS officers.Other countries with a high incidence of immigration fraud are theDominican Republic and Pakistan

Other factors that may trigger heightened scrutiny and investigation by USCIS officers include:

* Marriage contracted where the parties have known each other for only a short time

* Vast class or economic differences between the couple

* Marriage which was NOT arranged by the parties’ families, where the couple comes from a country where arranged marriages are the norm

* Any marriage performed before a justice of the peace, without even a small wedding or reception

* Marriages where one spouse works the night shift, and the other works the day shift

* Marriages in which the couple does not live together

* Family or friends unaware of the marriage

* Marriage arranged by a third party

* Marriage entered into while the foreign spouse is “in proceedings” or after receipt of “bag and baggage” letter

* Foreign spouse is a friend of the family

They rarely give you any reason for the denial. That is why it is important to scrutinize the interview questions and answers as well as your red flags. The fact that you got married shortly after is a red flag, but I don't think that alone would be a good enough reason in their minds to send it back. Is there a large age difference? Does his family know and approve of the marriage? Do you have pictures of yourself with his family? Do you have a lot of pictures of the wedding celebration? Does he have family already in the US? How did you meet? This list could go on and on. This is why it is so important to really put yourself out of the situation and view your case from a third party point of view. You must think like a CO.

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That was a list for the USCIS website stating possible "RED FLAGS" when looking for marriage fraud...........

The following is an unofficial list of factors utilized by USCIS officers when determining the validity of a marriage.It was compiled based on my own experience of representing international couples throughout the United States as well as discussions with USCIS officers and colleagues in offices throughout the country.While meeting one or more of these “red flags” does not mean your application will be denied, it is important to realize that you and your spouse may be subject to additional scrutiny and investigation.At a minimum, voluminous evidence to document the marriage’s good faith should be gathered and presented at your green card interview.

* Sloppy dress or appearance: One wonders why the way you dress should have any bearing on the validity of your marriage.It is recommended however that you and your spouse dress neatly and professionally when attending your USCIS interview.

* Either spouse is past marriage age: While most of us would agree that there is no age limit on love, the USCIS seems to look with a jaded eye when the U.S. citizen or foreign spouse is in their 50s or older.

* Arrest records of theU.S. citizen or foreign spouse: Although it is the foreign spouse applying for lawful permanent residence, it is important to realize that the U.S. citizen spouse is also getting evaluated.There have been reports of U.S. citizen spouses arrested at USCIS interviews because of outstanding arrest warrants.Please keep this in mind and always consult an attorney should you or your spouse have a criminal history of any kind.

* Age differential: A large age difference of 10+ years between you and your spouse will trigger this “red flag”.

* Inability of the couple to communicate with each other.

* Different addresses on your drivers licenses: I have had USCIS officers request to see the couple’s drivers licenses during the interview itself in order to verify that the addresses were the same.

* Phone tips or letters from concerned citizens: I am told that a surprising number of cases are placed under investigation because neighbors or other concerned citizens write to the USCIS denouncing a marriage as fraudulent.

* Incorrect answers to questions at the interview: It is important that you and your spouse go over all the information submitted to the USCIS, with particular attention to the responses given on the G-325 biographical forms.

* Previous immigration petitions filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on behalf of former spouse

* Interracial marriages and foreign spouses from the country of Nigeria: Believe it or not, this is the #1 red flag for marriage fraud relied upon by USCIS officers.Other countries with a high incidence of immigration fraud are theDominican Republic and Pakistan

Other factors that may trigger heightened scrutiny and investigation by USCIS officers include:

* Marriage contracted where the parties have known each other for only a short time

* Vast class or economic differences between the couple

* Marriage which was NOT arranged by the parties’ families, where the couple comes from a country where arranged marriages are the norm

* Any marriage performed before a justice of the peace, without even a small wedding or reception

* Marriages where one spouse works the night shift, and the other works the day shift

* Marriages in which the couple does not live together

* Family or friends unaware of the marriage

* Marriage arranged by a third party

* Marriage entered into while the foreign spouse is “in proceedings” or after receipt of “bag and baggage” letter

* Foreign spouse is a friend of the family

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
NOOOOOOOOOO NEWS YETTTTTTTTTTT :blink::blush::wacko::unsure::angry: ......................

I just want to say Im sorry this happened and I hope some faxed proof about the name change may help. You are on it and obviously a strong lady. (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
I just want to say Im sorry this happened and I hope some faxed proof about the name change may help. You are on it and obviously a strong lady. (F)

we are not sure of the reason of the denial yet but i think this is one of the problems ... still waiting to hear :blush: ... :blink:

Timeline

UPDATE.................wow, my senators office has done such a super job in helping us understand and sort thru this mess as well as getting a quick response....Casa sent an email....some of it as follows.....The visa has not been denied. Rather, Mr. ****** case was returned to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on February **, 2010 for further review......The decision to send the file back was not made because of confusion about her last name. You can let your constituent know that two different officers agreed that the case warranted additional review by the Department of Homeland Security.

Well at least we know it's not an intent to revoke i guess...looks like we're in for a wait...#######!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Edited by anas_tracy_love

UPDATE.................wow, my senators office has done such a super job in helping us understand and sort thru this mess as well as getting a quick response....Casa sent an email....some of it as follows.....The visa has not been denied. Rather, Mr. ****** case was returned to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on February **, 2010 for further review......The decision to send the file back was not made because of confusion about her last name. You can let your constituent know that two different officers agreed that the case warranted additional review by the Department of Homeland Security.

Well at least we know it's not an intent to revoke i guess...looks like we're in for a wait...#######!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Save that email. That is great that they dispelled one theory but I just wish for you they would have just finished their sentence.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I wouldn't say it wasn't a denial. They don't send it back to the USCIS for review, they send it back because they believe he wasn't eligible for the petition, and that usually means that they are suggesting that the petition be revoked. They can refuse to give him a visa, but they can't revoke the petition. If this was basic AP they would send it to the DOS, not the USCIS. I think they are just trying to blow smoke up your azz.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Well I wouldn't say it wasn't a denial. They don't send it back to the USCIS for review, they send it back because they believe he wasn't eligible for the petition, and that usually means that they are suggesting that the petition be revoked. They can refuse to give him a visa, but they can't revoke the petition. If this was basic AP they would send it to the DOS, not the USCIS. I think they are just trying to blow smoke up your azz.

Im sorry to say I totally agree. They cant deny cases at the consulars level..thats why they send them to USCIS :(

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.