ms_jinga_lala

What do I do now?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Oh dear--I'm so so sorry.

Call the embassy--speak to them. See what they want. Or if there is any other way you can keep the case there. Email them/fax them. Request a second interview with your presence.

Melody--If Amit is interviewing in Delhi, you need to be there.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yes, Amit will be interviewing at the Delhi Embassy... I have made my mind up to be there for his interview.. I was wanting to go before the interview due to his sister is requesting me to stay with her bcs she is expecting her first baby in May. If I wasnt worried about the paperwork that I needed to do here for his visa, I would just go back to India and stay until his interview... Does anyone have any experience with this?

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Melody, I say if you have the means to go the interview than hands down you need to be there. I was there for Tarun's interview and can say without a doubt it helped us 100%! They interviewed me as well and I think that is the best bonafides of a relationship you can possibly give them. Delhi is such a hard Consulate that if you can swing it do it!

Same thoughts echoed here, Melody. Moksha is right. Mine is a very simple case - my wife and I have never been married before or have any kids and while our case is very simple (and in Chennai consulate), I'm still not taking any chances and totally plan to go to India for her interview. Chennai apparently gives the visa the same day; I whole-heartedly intend on bringing my bride back with me when I go for the interview.

Also, one of my good friends from college used to work as a consulate officer doing interviews in Guyana. Oddly enough, he himself has now applied for a K1 visa for his japanese fiance! anyway, he told me that presence of the spouse is a very good indication that its a bonafide marriage. He used to look for all kinds of fraud activities in interviews. Hope this helps...

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

OMG some people just loveeeeee to use their power on others. He could have asked nicely and if only he would have listened. I heard that women CO are much better than male. I am so sorry on how they treated your fiance (F) If I were you I would take a look at the scanned document and take what ever decision you want to take.

Melody good luck to you guys. BTW you two look cute together. :)

I-129: 4/1/09

NOA1: 4/2/09

NOA2: 8/31/09

LEFT NVC: 9/4/09

Packet 3 SENT: 9/23/09

Packet 4: 10/12/09

Interview: 11/17/09

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
OMG some people just loveeeeee to use their power on others. He could have asked nicely and if only he would have listened. I heard that women CO are much better than male. I am so sorry on how they treated your fiance (F) If I were you I would take a look at the scanned document and take what ever decision you want to take.

Melody good luck to you guys. BTW you two look cute together. :)

It gets WORSE!!!

After trying all day to get as much information as possible (he was on the Train and not in his Airtel coverage area and I have limited breaks at work and could not get off today) I found out even worse information. Apparently after the CO started yelling at him a woman came over to the CO. The CO whispered something to her then asked my fiancee a question and when he tried to answer they both burst into laughter. The question was "Why do you want to marry a divorcee with 3 kids?" The SAME question he was yelling before. They didn't let him answer. Then he was asked again "What exactly did your parents say when you told them she had 3 kids?" My fiancee replied that his parents told him it was his choice and the CO got irate and asked him again "What exactly did your parents say when you told them she had 3 kids?" My fiance answered "they said nothing." The CO got up and yelled at him that if his parents didn't care then his visa was denied, closed the window and left my fiancee sitting there thinking ####### just happened. He was in shock and didn't even pick up our papers and someone else had to point them out to him so he didn't leave without them. My fiance also said they had the paper typed up and ready before he sat down at the window, he saw it. He said every time he tried to answer the CO talked over him and more than once verbally berated him. He said one of the first things the CO mentioned was that our NOA-2 had expired. (I had contacted them about this and sent letters and emails requesting extension.)

Here's the problem. I can't just get up and go to India. I am a single mom to 3 kids, my father who I live with to help care for is about to undergo surgery to have a pacemaker installed. Even if I forgot all that, I have nowhere to leave my kids. Their dad is legally psychotic - why I left him - and my mother does foster care and getting the kids to stay with her requires a lengthy approval process to get approval through the state. I still would have went through all of that to go, however I'm in training right now and under contract that I can't miss any of it, let alone the 4 days minimum to fly straight to Delhi and back. I tried to get the interview sooner so I could go and they refused. They had no reason to hold his packet 4 at the embassy for 11 weeks before scheduling the interview anyway, then when they did schedule it they scheduled it for after the NOA-2 expired. I still have the correspondence I sent them and ID numbers/dates/times from the phone calls I made. I am not giving up. I'm not going down without a fight.

If I get another interview scheduled how long will that take? I need to start requesting the personal leave and getting the babysitting issues with my kids and caretaker issues with my father taken care of now. I am appalled at how my fiancee was treated. I will be writing a formal congressional inquiry after I make the phone calls. I will be forwarding complaints to everyone and anyone I can. No one deserves to be publicly humiliated (and he was because he said the yelling of the CO drew attention from several others, including another employee....so that tells you something is VERY wrong), or treated the way he was treated. You can't legitimately say we don't have a valid relationship because I have kids.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Timeline
in the meantime, contact your senators, email the embassy, etc. when we did, the senators in my state did jack squat, but i hear there are some good senators out there. i hope yours are. email the embassy to see what is going on. you may get a generic answer. also try calling the embassy yourself. it is sometimes difficult to get through, but if you are persistant, you can talk to someone. i found it easiest to get a person on wednesdays. but i recommend calling every day. you can go to their website to get the phone numbers, and i think they have a specific time they answer calls. mondays were the hardest days to get through. it will keep ringing busy. i remember having two phones going at the same time, plus my then fiance's dialing in to get through. so yes, it will take persistance.

I am a property owner in VA and live in NC. I emailed 4 senators (VA and NC) just now. I will call the embassy in a couple of hours when they open. I had no luck getting through to DOS today. I'm going to be calling tomorrow. I am also emailing the embassy as well. I just pasted the same letter in all 5 emails. I'm too stressed and upset to think of 5 different things to say and to be honest....I don't know that I could come up with 5. I requested in all 5 to have the case stay at the embassy and in the embassy email I requested a new interview. I'm going to Delhi no matter what. I am already making arrangements for my children to go somewhere, one will go with me since the jacka** at the embassy thinks my fiance's parents are bothered by my kids. I can't afford to take all 3 right now and my 7 year old is terrified of planes. So they are going to have to suck it up and deal with just one being there. I'm not sure whether I should be heartbroken or pissed.

If anyone knows of anything else I can do, please let me know. I can't think straight on my own right now. Thank you in advance!

P.S. My fiance is not awake yet. He is going to scan the documents first thing in his morning (in the next couple of hours). I will have them soon and will know what was stamped in his passport. I will update you all then. Thank you for all the support so far.

Edited by ms_jinga_lala

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Timeline

I just got the letter and the pics of the passport. The stamp in his passport was faked. I don't know what the CO was trying to prove but he never stamped anything in there. My fiance in a panic, in the dark no less, to see what the CO had stamped saw a stamp from the passport clearance. Thank goodness. I was freaking out. I am attaching the letter. Even though the CO said he was denied, it is written like a 221(g). Furthermore it says it was denied because the NOA-2 had expired. Thankfully I sent letters and made phone calls about that before the interview. I'm mentioning that in my letters to Congress as well.

post-56954-1264737586_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

first thing in the morning, call your senators. they will need an authorization from you in order to proceed. i would advise to fax it to them immediately. once you have the fax confirmation, call and speak to their immigration liasons. explain to them what happened. how you tried to get the interview moved earlier. how they scheduled the interview date after the expiry. ask them to do everything in their power to get a second interview. explain to them that you will make a personal appearance to ease any concerns the embassy has in issuing your fiance the visa.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

Thank you, I will. Should I still email them now?

Also, what does FNU mean? That's not part of his name, it's added in on this letter. Also, the expiry date is listed wrong - can I use that to my advantage?

Timeline

Hmmm....where do I find the fax numbers? I can't fax it tonight because I don't have the means...which unfortunately means this will all have to sit until Monday...however I will fax and call them. I'm calling them tonight as well. I have my emails to my 4 senators ready to go and one to the DOS and one to the embassy, just giving myself time to think and tweak them before sending.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I-129: 4/1/09

NOA1: 4/2/09

NOA2: 8/31/09

LEFT NVC: 9/4/09

Packet 3 SENT: 9/23/09

Packet 4: 10/12/09

Interview: 11/17/09

Timeline

Thank you Third.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if no fax at home, suggest getting to a fedex/kinkos office/store - and fax from there to India, this weekend.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.