shy1akaanh

Interview Next Month

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone! NVC just emailed me the interview date. It is March 01, 2010. I believe I'm doing the CR1 since I'm married. Catholics Charities have been helping me with the I130 and the NVC process. Right now, I have no idea what to do next. I been lurking around but didn't contribute much because I'm clueless myself. I read about medical exam and timeline and such but dont really know the steps. Can someone help me out? Another thing, I didn't submit a lot of evidences because I recalled that CC only ask for important papers such as Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, and such. I have a lot of pictures, chats, call logs, etc that wasn't submitted. I created a timeline as well as a statement of relationship. If you like to take a look, PM me. Thanks a lot.

PS: I want to go back with my wife for the interview...but I might lose my job. Is it worth the risk? Give me an opinion on this please. Thanks again

---

Marriage: 03-15-2009

I130 Sent: 05-25-2009

NOA1: 05-27-2009

NOA2: 08-22-2009

NVC: 09-25-2009

Email from NVC: 01-29-2010

Medical: 02-14-2010

Interview Date: 03-01-2010

Hello everyone! NVC just emailed me the interview date. It is March 01, 2010. I believe I'm doing the CR1 since I'm married. Catholics Charities have been helping me with the I130 and the NVC process. Right now, I have no idea what to do next. I been lurking around but didn't contribute much because I'm clueless myself. I read about medical exam and timeline and such but dont really know the steps. Can someone help me out? Another thing, I didn't submit a lot of evidences because I recalled that CC only ask for important papers such as Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, and such. I have a lot of pictures, chats, call logs, etc that wasn't submitted. I created a timeline as well as a statement of relationship. If you like to take a look, PM me. Thanks a lot.

PS: I want to go back with my wife for the interview...but I might lose my job. Is it worth the risk? Give me an opinion on this please. Thanks again

Wondering how Catholic Charities is involved? They actually help with the process?

No, it is not worth losing your job especially in this environment, where the "worse is over" must be code words for unemployment will keep trickling up every month. She should be able to handle it. Start now organizing exactly what will be brought to the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Its not worth the risk in todays economy... You need to get together with whomever helped you with the initial filing and get a thorough understanding of the process... Not only you but also your SO... the beneficiary needs to understand all of the paperwork being taken to the interview... when they ask for something it must be handed to the person on the other side of the window.. when the beneficiary goes for the interview... one must be very prepared given we are talking about the HCMC consulate...

You may have filed CR1 or K3.. they are different in what you will do when your SO arrives here so do more reading in the guides above as well as the asia south east and Vietnam forums..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

thanks for the inputs. Catholics Catholics near me have an immigration services. For a small fee, they will help with the paperworks. my parents requested that i use them because they thought it would be easier for me. i guess it easier but i dont think it will help me much with the interview

---

Like the consulate, the Church also required a lot of documents from each of us. It was like doing two parallel applications. The pre-marriage class requirements might have made the consulate application the less painful one.

Timeline
Like the consulate, the Church also required a lot of documents from each of us. It was like doing two parallel applications. The pre-marriage class requirements might have made the consulate application the less painful one.

I wish just the pre marriage class was the worst part. I have a couple more months to try again but they are insisting I get a copy of my marriage license from when I was married before and that was in Seoul, Korea and I have called 6 times now and can't speak to anyone that speaks English there. I tried the consulate here in Houston and the embassy in Washington and no help. I have tried our state department but can't seem to find the right department to get help and when I do talk to someone there they have no idea who to transfer me to. I have a long time friend I knew in Korea from when I was stationed there and have sent emails to him but no reply. Still have fight in me and gonna go down swinging.

Timeline

i understand how you feel. being able to get married in a church is a big obstacle. you have to take the classes and get approval from both Fathers, one where the wife live and one where the husband live. the second obstacle is getting a marriage certificate in Vietnam. It is so easy for two Vietnamese citizens to get married but a big pain for a Vietnamese to marry a USC. We have to provide them with bona fide evidences plus an interview where they interviewed both of us. the questions were very similar to that of the consulate like "how did you two meet", "what are the names of your S.O parents". they even try to trick you with the questions too where my wife made a mistake. "how many brothers and sisters are in your husband family." my wife said "my husband have one older brother and two younger sister". I answered "there four children in the family". the interviewer did not like that answer and said my wife tell her a wrong answer. funny right

---

I wish just the pre marriage class was the worst part. I have a couple more months to try again but they are insisting I get a copy of my marriage license from when I was married before and that was in Seoul, Korea and I have called 6 times now and can't speak to anyone that speaks English there. I tried the consulate here in Houston and the embassy in Washington and no help. I have tried our state department but can't seem to find the right department to get help and when I do talk to someone there they have no idea who to transfer me to. I have a long time friend I knew in Korea from when I was stationed there and have sent emails to him but no reply. Still have fight in me and gonna go down swinging.

If you married in the Church, then the parish church holds your records of marriage, usually in a book like the Ho Khau. If not and you cannot provide it, you'd probably have to ask the bishop of your diocese to provide an exception.

i understand how you feel. being able to get married in a church is a big obstacle. you have to take the classes and get approval from both Fathers, one where the wife live and one where the husband live. the second obstacle is getting a marriage certificate in Vietnam. It is so easy for two Vietnamese citizens to get married but a big pain for a Vietnamese to marry a USC. We have to provide them with bona fide evidences plus an interview where they interviewed both of us. the questions were very similar to that of the consulate like "how did you two meet", "what are the names of your S.O parents". they even try to trick you with the questions too where my wife made a mistake. "how many brothers and sisters are in your husband family." my wife said "my husband have one older brother and two younger sister". I answered "there four children in the family". the interviewer did not like that answer and said my wife tell her a wrong answer. funny right

I think the requirements are easier for two people who never married before. There were actually only 2 documents I had to get from my fiance's church: letter of recommendation and baptism certificate. We got it during the church open office hours, very easy. My diocese, on the other hand, also required affidavits from groom and bride, as well as freedom to marry affidavits from 4 people who know us well. The priest in VN asked why there were so many requirements to marry in the Church in the USA...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.