ScottThuy

Mobile Phone at the interview.. HCMC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What did you do with your mobile when you went to the interview? I told her don't trust those women across the street offering to hold the phones for a few dollars...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

What did you do with your mobile when you went to the interview? I told her don't trust those women across the street offering to hold the phones for a few dollars...

Inside of Consulate have security man for keep our phone, just turn off phone and give for them, your wife will know when she wait to get in inside Consulate, dont worry. dont hear people across the street.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott, will your fiancee be traveling alone to HCMC? If you need any help while she is her, I am currently in HCMC with my fiancee, we are about 7 minutes away from the consulate.

1) On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your anxiety level right now? (10 being certifiable)

2) On a scale of 1 to 10, How well do you think you have prepared your case?

If you answer 10 to both then you definitely have set yourself up to be successful.

Good Luck & Best wishes. :thumbs:

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

No worries Scott. When she enters the consulate they will ask if she has a phone or anything like that. She can leave at the desk with the consulate staff member. Just make sure she remembers to get it when she comes out. I watched so many people come out and are either so excited or upset that they forget and have to go back to retrieve it!!!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

I am comfortable now, no anxiety. I guess only anxiety is waiting for her to get the $ that I wired yesterday. I was surprised they would call her to get it at night. She did not agree and said tomorrow... She is VERY prepared and has been going over the file everyday and can probably cite all of the info on all of the forms... incuding the 7 page timeline. She is not far from the consulate... Pham Ngu Lao.. only problem I see there is her getting enough sleep before the interview...

I read the security note on the consulate site and will now tell her to take the phone rather than leave at the hotel.. she will be there alone, but everything is ready for except to pay the visa fee... she will pay the visa fee at citibank on Monday afternoon and then everything is spot on until the interview Tuesday.

The evidence of relationship is in two sections.. before engagement and after... they include affidavits, photos communication logs and transcripts as well as receipts/stubs from travels. Will they take the evidence at the first window with the forms, or will they have her wait until the interview?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Hi Scotthuy : i didnt sleep a night before interview. i dont know why. i worried too, could not relax. That is feeling of almost woman before interview. But it will be ok.

About interview - C.Owill take the evidence while they interview her. Good luck to both you !

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They have a partitioned box in the security station where you enter the consulate. If you have anything that's not permitted inside - cell phone, camera, etc. - they'll take it and store it in one of the little cubbies. You can get it back when you leave.

There are metal turnstyle doors on either side of the security station which allow you to exit the consulate without going through the security station. Tell her not to exit through either of those doors, but to go back through the security station and ask for her property.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
They have a partitioned box in the security station where you enter the consulate. If you have anything that's not permitted inside - cell phone, camera, etc. - they'll take it and store it in one of the little cubbies. You can get it back when you leave.

There are metal turnstyle doors on either side of the security station which allow you to exit the consulate without going through the security station. Tell her not to exit through either of those doors, but to go back through the security station and ask for her property.

:thumbs:

Scott - let her know when she goes to Citibank that the place to pay the fee is actually around the corner from the main entrance to the bank. It has its own entrance and is just like a small office with a couple stations where they receive the payment. Make sure she gets the duplicate receipt also. I have hear a few who only got one copy.

If she accidentlly leaves the consulate out the wrong door it should not be a problem for her to go back to the entrance and get her phone. On the other days I went back to the consulate I saw it happen many times.

Good Luck Brother and tell your sweety we said hello and we are thinking if you both every day!!!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.